Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hoosier Quicktime tire Question

Post Thanks / Like

Hoosier Quicktime tire Question

Hi, is anybody running tubes in there tires , thought I read somewhere that they needed tubes , also any feedback on how they ride I'm sure they are close to the goodyear
    billboard tires thank you inadvance Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Bob, I am running the Hoosier Quicktime tires on my 289. I have not driven extensively on them but for what I have done the ride with the tires is very good. I do not have tubes in them but the manufacturer does recommend them. Truth is they "seep" air and have to be re-filled from time to time. Not terrible but a little annoying. I will probably put tubes in them eventually. Joel

Post Thanks / Like
    do you remember when you had them mounted did they balance out ok, any take excessive weight. I had goodyear billboards on my first cobra and said never again after all the rock chips but here I am asking about these sticky race tires again What a sickness

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Bob,......a couple of things.....the Hoosier tires are not all that sticky. They do throw up pebbles for sure but I find no more that other tires I have used. They balanced perfectly on my rims and did not take a lot of weight. I will say the sidewalls are very soft. So much so that when they ship them they actually fold them in half. Still, so far I am very satisfied with them and like the look. My car is in paint right now but when I get it back and drive it a bit I'll give you another report. Joel