Started to bleed my brakes tonight. The good news is that I only had a small leak in the lines themselves and fixed that easily. But I did have some challenges and wanted to see if I could get a little assistance. So two things:

1. I attempted to bleed my MC. I made a little tube with fitting that goes right back into the MC to get all the air out. When I pulled the cap off of the MC, the fluid spilled out all over the place and started leaking from the main fitting so I quickly put the line back on. How does one get the return tube to sit inside the reservoir if the level of fluid is so high?

2. I have the CNC cap with the air valve on it and hooked it up to my air pump. Even though I like the 2 person pump method, the wife is a bit cranky tonight and the garage is not in her future, so I thought I would try this method to push all of the air through the MC and then out the brake lines. My bicycle pump was not registering any air and I was taking it slow, but I could hear it going in...then pop, my MC reservoir cap popped off and then I had a brake fluid party. Luckily everything is covered up with shop towels. So...obviously I had too much pressure but really hard to tell with my pump. Maybe I'll pick up a smaller hand pump tomorrow. Any tips on doing this way as I might try again...Should I have a valve already open when pushing the air into the reservoir?

Thanks!