Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Diesel 818?

Post Thanks / Like

Diesel 818?

Hi evry boddy.
    First post.
    1 So sory if it has ben asked before but cant realy find Enny Thing on it.
    2 sory for mis spelling. English isnt my first language, and in disleksik..

Can you use a later donar car than 07 subaru?

Because i have the possebility to purchase a 2015 impreza XV / CROSSTREK with at 2.0 manuel diesel.

Have ben thinking abaut a 200 bhp diesel 818 coupe for a while now and I dont now if the engine and trans Even Are a posibility.
    Have Even talkd with a couple of lokal subaru fanaticks abaut doing it with a springtek supercharger insted of the turbo.. But dont know if it is a en posibility..

What Are your thouts abaut it?

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks mate.

But that the VW Tdi build threat.
    I was thinking abaut going with the subaru diesel H4.
    I dont know if it's Even a posibility to do.

And if it's posibil to use a newer doner than an 07.

In my country we Are not alowd to cut in the frame ord to move frame parts that Are welded on from factory five.

Hope to get som of that ffr comunity knowledge i have red abaut

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never seen a diesel 818 other than the TDI version but I would imagine it's possible depending on your skill level. Theoretically, if the subaru diesel H4 drops into the impreza platform, it should bolt into the 818. There may be some minor adjustments and you may (or may not) need to cut into the frame. Which country are you in? There may be some 818 builders you could reach out to locally.

The 818 is designed around an 02-07 impreza donor so if you go outside that range, some of the suspension parts will not work without modification. You'd have to source the additional bits as needed.

5. Thanks Edsnextproject thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know how this will help you. I took these pictures at Pikes Peak in 13.
    pp.jpg pp2.jpg pp3.jpg
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking sice.. Hight and with compared with the e seriesj from the eb..
    Im from Denmark and cant realy find Enny danish builders.. It's vevry expensiv to do custom ord kit/component Cars here. Sinse we got high taxes on Cars.. 150-180% 🤮

God to know abaut the running gears.. Sems
    That you can swap normal fa20 and ej series engins in to former diesel eb series.. (so it dosnt seem fare fetchd that you can go the other way..

Post Thanks / Like
    Super thanks for the pictures. So on the monny. But stil dont know if it's a posibility.. Oh the joy of just wanting to be different. 🤔

Post Thanks / Like
    I know this is super old, but the only problems I see are the diesel particulate filter (DPF), and the bottom mounted turbo. Granted I haven’t built an 818 yet but have worked on many Subaru’s (sadly no diesels, they’re hard to come by in the states. For the dpf it could be deleted or moved, and the turbo should clear the frame because the diesel motor is about 61mm shorter than the ej. Hope this helps someone out and or seeing it pop-up again gets people thinking.

Post Thanks / Like
    I took a picture of the diesel engine back in 2013 while at pikes peak hill climb.

P1040122.jpg

I don't know enough about the BPF. But from the looks of it. It would hit the frame bar in front of the engine.
    Bob
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread