Well back in town still working more that I want at times but got some time to go back to the shop and attempt to figure out this body work stuff. This was the one thing besides the upholstery I have never done. Got the upholstery more or less figured out and it has been going good, but this body work is a challenge.

Ron thanks again for the kind words and input on how to work the body for painting. And have to thank Shane as well, you have a better way to attach the roof scoop that the way I did it. It will come out like I want it but did cause myself some extra work. It was already on when I read you response but was good to know and shows all of us a different and sometime better way of getting to the same end.

I finished shaping, filling any small voids where i is attached to the roof with 8115 and ruffed up the hood scoop, here is what it looks like for the front now.

IMG_0439.jpg

The roof is ready for a glaze finishing coat so I started to work on the back half of the GTM and have the rear flat deck done, filled and ready for finishing coat. Here is what it looked like filled, then with a black powder guide coat and final blocking. Came out nice and only had a couple of places very small I added some Metal Coat Glaze to fill up small dips by the cut outs for eh rear wing.

IMG_0440.jpg IMG_0441.jpg IMG_0442.jpg

This picture show the back deck, the side seam blocked and ready for finishing glaze to the roof on one side, have not started the other side. But notice the floor, you cant see the colored tiles under the car. I knew this would be messy and I have a dust collector and shop vac i have been using but dang never thought there would be this much dust I would say around 1/2 gallon of Rage Ultralight on the floor......

IMG_0443.jpg