Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  76
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Wyoming GTM Underway

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Cecil,

Yes, I have used these before....and actually, the car I'm working on had one of these installed already. There are 2 issues I have with these......#1, is that I've had 50/50 luck with them leaking coolant....that's not very good odds. #2, they take up a ton of room......in a car where there is almost zero room to spare. The unit itself isn't that large, but by the time you get 4 heater hoses hooked up to it, all running in different directions and curved around to go the direction they need to go, it looks like a total cluster.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesfr58 View Post
    Dave,

If all that was touching was the beauty cover it would have done the same thing, but with the bottom of the window wall up against the tubing it just barely touches the actual intake manifold. I am not sure if when they built the motor that started out as stock 430HP LS3 to 585HP LS3 they changed the intake manifold or not, it looks stock but when the widow wall is installed per the manual it does touch albeit very lightly, so figured moving it out as shown in picture is a better option than letting it possibly rub against it. Still fighting this section so will go down again today, sit on the stool, look at a while and see it something pop into my head while watching the races.

Hope your build coming along well and thanks for some of the great ideas you have come up with in conquering your unique challenges.
    Only thing I could come up with if the intake is stock is maybe some sort of aftermarket engine mount that is raising the engine slightly?
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Also depends on how much trimming you do to the rear window alum to get it raised up far enough to meet the roof of the car and to clear the welds on the halo tubes. If you don't trim it in order to get it higher up on the chassis, then yes....there is a pretty good chance that it is going to be tight to the intake manifold. On the LS376 with the moulded insulation cover over the intake, I always have to trim the leading edge of the cover back to clear the window aluminum.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Got some time to get back out to the shop this weekend and finished the remake on the upholstery and assembly for the engine cover, fit it into the cockpit and finished the tank cover installation so the back wall is closed off now and will put the body back of the go kart. Here are some picture of what it finally came out like after I made some adjustments to window wall and got everything fit in place.

IMG_0241.jpg IMG_0242.jpg IMG_0243.jpg IMG_0244.jpg IMG_0245.jpg

Let me know what you think of solution, know the window wall is high enough fit it with the body of and it was up against the roof with the bulb seal compressed at round half way, but had to make a few adjustment as posted above to clear my intake manifold and the engine cover (waterfall) did not match up as they depicted in manual but did manage to adjust everything to make it all fit.

5. Likes Straversi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reworked the rear body mount, since the body fit on the mount at an angle and the one supplied by FFR just want not beefy enough in my mind I decided to manufacture my own from aluminum angle (I almost said aluminum angle iron, than new composite metal Shane and I both found) mounted on rubber vibration isolators that allow the angle to tip forward and match the angle on the body when mounted on the frame. Still need to finish the body side but want to reposition the body back on the frame before milling out the slots or holes for the body mount side.

IMG_0250.jpg IMG_0252.jpg IMG_0253.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Finally got the inReserve for the Infinity Box CAN-bus system installed and the electrical system back up and running. I removed the manual battery shut off that I had installed earlier and installed the inReserve clinoid in the same location. It is tripped by a manual switch that is mounted so it can be reached under the drivers side front fender and also hooked up to the door popper on the drivers side so when you hit the unlock on the RFID key fob the drivers side door opens and the clinoid reactivates and the system re-energizes. This was the only way I could see to send a pulse to the clinoid using the Digital Dawg RFID keyless system that is installed in the GTM.

IMG_0257.jpg

Also got my horns hooked up as well they are mounted on the sub frame that was build to stabilize and stiffen the front aluminum shroud.

IMG_0255.jpg IMG_0256.jpg

8. Likes rolfer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The wiring looks great! Are you still able to remove the battery fairly easily?
    Custom LCD Gauges , Data Loggers, Control Touch Screens
    www.LCDdash.com \\ 647-522-9953 \\ Voice & Text
    Proud new owner of GTM Gen 1., #105 - 08/27/11
    LQ9 Powered, G96.00 6 speed transaxle

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the compliment, and yes I can get the battery in and out with no problem. Don't know if you can tell in picture, but the battery is raised and setting about 5" above the x-brace location described in the FFR manual ans as I showed in older post. If I was to take wider angle picture you could see that it can be lifted and tipped a little toward the cockpit and it will then come right out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    It's difficult to tell, but now that you pointed it out I can see what you did.
    Custom LCD Gauges , Data Loggers, Control Touch Screens
    www.LCDdash.com \\ 647-522-9953 \\ Voice & Text
    Proud new owner of GTM Gen 1., #105 - 08/27/11
    LQ9 Powered, G96.00 6 speed transaxle

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work James!!

I have a question on your Digital Dog setup and integration with the InfinityBox. The way I understand it, and please correct me if I'm wrong, you have the digital dog pushbutton ignition system that has RFID built in security (i.e. you can't start the car unless the RFID card or fob is within range of the car)?

And are you also running an InfinityBox inTouch and/or inLink?

I'm thinking of adding the digital dog system to my build, as I like the RFID pushbutton security, but wondering if there is some type of bypass if you are out of range of the RFID that would still allow me to start the car via the inTouch.

Post Thanks / Like
    So how does this RFID work for you? do you plan to have remote also? sounds like unnecessary to have two fabs, one could use the remote to almost the same.

Mostafa

Post Thanks / Like
    Sean and Mostafa,

Sean, that is correct you must have the RFID fob in range in automatic or by pushing the buttons in manual. There is no bypass for the system that I now of and in fact I had an issue trying to integrate the two systems and, in the end, installed them as separate stand alone systems with the exception of the safety interlock that required a + signal to operate. I could not get the ignition system to work being tripped by the PBS-II system even using the invert Mini or a rely to swap current. I did not use the inLink as a remote as I could use the fob supplied with the PBS-II system to operate what I need.

Mostafa, the PBS-II system RFID fob (remote) that has buttons and works good in either manual or automatic (where it energizes the system when you get within range) and the single fob supplied with the system also controls the door poppers and the hatch popper with some extra functions not used.

I have two separate systems, but it also adds for flexibility to the system and insures for the most part I don't get a positive feedback to the Infinity Box Master Cell causing a failure in the Master Cell. And, if I have a problem with the Master Cell in my set up, I can still start and drive the care even though most of the system will be off line by jumping power to the safety switch lead.

I have a Digital Guard Dawg PBS-II system that for the most part is separate from the Infinity Box CAN-bus system. The only interface I have is with the brake safety interface, you must step on the brake to send signal to PBS-II system to allow the car to start. I also have the Infinity Box inTouch Net installed so that the system can talk to the tablet or cell phone and the various function except for the PBS-II RFID push buttons start. I did not attempt or try to install a remote start since this is manual transmission and could in theory move or roll if the transmission left in neutral should the emergency brake fail, and as stated earlier the safety on the PBS-II system needs to be hooked up to clutch or brake to make the system engage the starter and to shut the engine down.

The two system are separated and in fact one could if needed start and drive the car even with the Infinity Box system shut down in my set up. You would have to send signal to the PBS-II system, but this could be done by jumping a (+ signal) to the system, and if fact this is how I ran the engine before I finished hooking it to the brake system. You could also wire the trip wire to power in which case the PBS-II system will work but there would be no safety in the system, and you could start the car in gear causing it to move as soon as it starts.

The only issue I have now that I can reconfigure is the Dakota Digital fan controller needs the Infinity Box system on to operated but have been looking at another option that will allow all the bare bones systems (engine + cooling) to operate should the CAN-bus system fail or go down. Guess this was my engineering raining coming out for a need for back up redundant system that will at the very least get me home.

15. Likes Jkviper liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have power steering?

Mostafa.

Post Thanks / Like
    Boy i did change the subject didn't I, did not mean too but still in like to know though.

I have remote for my car and if the car is not unlocked the by remote, nothing works, so if one breaks the window and open the car from inside nothing will work, and it cost only $10.

I also has a mode that locks the ecu and starter but all other functions work fine, like all the dash, stereo door locks and poppers and so on, so sort of car demo but no one can not take the car and run without the remote.

Mostafa

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the rundown James!! Definitely gives me more insight to your train of thought and functionality of both systems.

Always the engineer in us coming up with standalone and integration of systems. I’m enjoying this challenge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mostafa,

Well that happens to me to sometimes, no I do not have power steering. I do have a unit to install if I want to but reserved judgement on this item until I have driven it for a bit. As light as the car is I do not believe it will need power steering even at low speeds, I have several custom hot rods that are heavier that the GTM will be and they do not have power steering but can be driven with no problem or a lot of extra force needed to steer at low speed. And at higher speeds on wound not want or need power steering to insure you do not oversteer for the driving conditions at high speed.

I kind of have the same set up with the PBS-II system, when the system activates one push of the start button with foot off the brake turns on Acc. 2 and allows the radio and other items I want to operate with out powering up the ignition system, the second push on the button without foot on brake will activated Acc. 1 and energize the ignition system and other system needed to run the GTTM's operating systems apart for the stand alone Digital Dawg / ECU system that actually start and run the motor. Then when you put your foot on the brake the light flashes and it is ready to start with the next push of the button. So the electrical, ECU and RFID comprise 3 integrated systems that operate together and run everything in the GTM. My ECU was supplied with the create engine I hand build to 585HP and is stand alone, programed for the current engine configuration. I did no use any of the Painless Harness and custom built and wired the GTM myself so that I got the integration needed between each operating system.

Yes you are right it did cost more and required I build each piece f the wiring system myself but in the end I am happy with the way it operates and as stated if the Infinity Box system happens to go down or has a malfunction I can still drive the care minus the gauges, lights, turn signals, and say the windows will not roll up and down but I will be able to jumper the safety on the Digital Dawg system and start and drive until I get somewhere to make repairs to the effected Infinity Box systems. In my experiences with complex controls systems like the Infinity Box system (I use even more complicated control system in our engineering projects) one always needs to have a work around to insure you remain on line and operable until you get to a pint where you can shut down and make repairs. That was my thinking when I designed them as basically stand alone but still integrated system operating the GTM. It can be a ling way to anywhere if you break down somewhere in the middle of no-where Wyoming......

Post Thanks / Like
    Jame,

The front is still about 900 pound or so with no one in the car, I cannot move my wheel without the power steering pump, it for me is the best thing, be hard to change later as you will need a new rack.

the reason I asked was I noticed your battery location and would have be hard with power steering as it want to seat right around the battery area.

For a Manual car seems like the push start should check the clutch and not the brake, or at least both, or may be clutch and park brake. for now I just have the clutch did not do Brake since some times I need accelerator to start the car, not enough legs.

I use the curse control functions for start, on and on, so no start button any where else, it is on the column.

Also my system all turn on once you unlock the car, so it ready supper fast.

what is you sleep/off current with remote and RFID and all the other stuff not disconnected? (Not using silly iReserve )

Mostafa

Post Thanks / Like
    Mostafa,

The PBS-II system turns on and off all items through Acc. 1 (ignition system Items) and Acc. 2 (items I want to run without having the ignition system activated) so everything with the exception of the CAN-bus system it turned off including the radio amp and powered sub woofer. The CAN-bus is activated and deactivated by a coil that is turned on when I unlock the PBS-II system to pop the drivers door and arm the system. Not totally sure of how good it will really work but should turn everything except constant power to the ECM and the PBS-II two system.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well just thought I was done with all the wiring, then noticed I forgot or maybe never though of running all the speaker, control and power wires for the stereo system. Had some of them run but not all of them so went back and got all wiring installed to operate the head unit and support in amp and subwoofer. So got it done and now waiting on equipment to finish install. When all equipment installed and wiring routed to doors in place I will put body back on and move on to the door fabrication and install. Getting there slowly as long as I can don't have to go back and pick up anything else.

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, will be going to Montana to visit the wife's sister so done working on the GTM for a few days, hope everyone has a great holiday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Thanksgiving to you also, James! Have a safe trip to Montana......didn't you guys just get dumped on with snow yesterday or Monday?
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Thanksgiving to ALL. seems like will be a cold one this year, it has been nasty few day on the west and more to come, hate to see what would it look like once it hit your neck of the woods.

James, as far as I know the infinity box draw lots of power even with two power cells, battery will last only few day if not totally disconnected iReserve. I do not know about other as how much power they use.

I am trying to get mine with everything ignition off under 40ma, with everything connect and ready to fire up, this will give me about at least 3 weeks still start the car, a bit harder than it looks, but still working on it.

Mostafa

Post Thanks / Like
    Sean and Mostafa,

Sean, that is correct you must have the RFID fob in range in automatic or by pushing the buttons in manual. There is no bypass for the system that I now of and in fact I had an issue trying to integrate the two systems and, in the end, installed them as separate stand alone systems with the exception of the safety interlock that required a + signal to operate. I could not get the ignition system to work being tripped by the PBS-II system even using the invert Mini or a rely to swap current. I did not use the inLink as a remote as I could use the fob supplied with the PBS-II system to operate what I need.

Mostafa, the PBS-II system RFID fob (remote) that has buttons and works good in either manual or automatic (where it energizes the system when you get within range) and the single fob supplied with the system also controls the door poppers and the hatch popper with some extra functions not used.

I have two separate systems, but it also adds for flexibility to the system and insures for the most part I don't get a positive feedback to the Infinity Box Master Cell causing a failure in the Master Cell. And, if I have a problem with the Master Cell in my set up, I can still start and drive the care even though most of the system will be off line by jumping power to the safety switch lead.

I have a Digital Guard Dawg PBS-II system that for the most part is separate from the Infinity Box CAN-bus system. The only interface I have is with the brake safety interface, you must step on the brake to send signal to PBS-II system to allow the car to start. I also have the Infinity Box inTouch Net installed so that the system can talk to the tablet or cell phone and the various function except for the PBS-II RFID push buttons start. I did not attempt or try to install a remote start since this is manual transmission and could in theory move or roll if the transmission left in neutral should the emergency brake fail, and as stated earlier the safety on the PBS-II system needs to be hooked up to clutch or brake to make the system engage the starter and to shut the engine down.

The two system are separated and in fact one could if needed start and drive the car even with the Infinity Box system shut down in my set up. You would have to send signal to the PBS-II system, but this could be done by jumping a (+ signal) to the system, and if fact this is how I ran the engine before I finished hooking it to the brake system. You could also wire the trip wire to power in which case the PBS-II system will work but there would be no safety in the system, and you could start the car in gear causing it to move as soon as it starts.

The only issue I have now that I can reconfigure is the Dakota Digital fan controller needs the Infinity Box system on to operated but have been looking at another option that will allow all the bare bones systems (engine + cooling) to operate should the CAN-bus system fail or go down. Guess this was my engineering raining coming out for a need for back up redundant system that will at the very least get me home.
    Hi James, very informative post. I haven’t purchased an electrical system yet and would like your opinion. Many SLC builders have used the Infinity box system since it was the standard system which came with the kit and came with harnesses for the exterior lights and steering column stalks

In my build I plan to use the Engine ECU harness to control the fans and fuel pump since they can be ramped up using PWM. I also I like the digital guard dog system for push button start and power locks. Also going with a wireless push button steering wheel system for blinkers, wipers, etc so I would not use the supplied harness. Lastly, there will be no power windows. I am very impressed with the Infinity Box System, but considering my requirements, is there any major reason to go with such a comprehensive system if all it will really do is control the exterior and interior lights?

Appreciate the feedback.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkviper View Post
    Hi James, very informative post. I haven’t purchased an electrical system yet and would like your opinion. Many SLC builders have used the Infinity box system since it was the standard system which came with the kit and came with harnesses for the exterior lights and steering column stalks

In my build I plan to use the Engine ECU harness to control the fans and fuel pump since they can be ramped up using PWM. I also I like the digital guard dog system for push button start and power locks. Also going with a wireless push button steering wheel system for blinkers, wipers, etc so I would not use the supplied harness. Lastly, there will be no power windows. I am very impressed with the Infinity Box System, but considering my requirements, is there any major reason to go with such a comprehensive system if all it will really do is control the exterior and interior lights?

Appreciate the feedback.
    The Infinity Box system can pretty much be programmed to do whatever you want it to do. That is the default system we go with if we are doing keyless push button start and door poppers (which could also be door locks if you want). With the InLink installed on the Infinitybox system, the key fob can be used to lock and unlock the "system"...which can include locking the doors (or disabling the door poppers), disabling the ignition and starter, roll down the windows or whatever else you tell Infinitybox you want it to do....and none of that requires any extra wiring....it's all done in the programming. The keyless push button start is literally a single wire hook-up....all of the logic is done inside the programming. Yes all of the motors can be programmed for "soft start". I will not say that the Infinitybox system is easier or faster than wiring up a typical "Painless" harness.....you still pretty much have all the same wires that need to be ran, but it does eliminate a bunch of relays and even though you have all of the same wires running to the starter and ign + of the engine harness and lights and door locks, and fans, etc, etc.....all of those things can now be programmed to do whatever you want them to do. Interior lights can be timed to turn on when the doors are unlocked and turn off when the ignition comes on ( just like any modern production vehicle), anything you want disabled (starter, ignition +, door poppers, etc) can be disabled when you "lock/arm" the system with the remote key fob, etc....and none of that requires any extra wiring....it's all done in the programming.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC

28. Thanks Jkviper thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Finishing up the last bit of wiring for the head unit, Amp and speaker installation before putting the body back on to begin the working on body. Since I removed it to finish the back firewall decided (or it dawned on me) that I should get all the wiring run and speakers in place before putting the body back on. This is my solution with limited space to install the Amp on the drivers side. Not a real power Amp but will boost sound system and the Amp has been tested to above the rating of 600W so should work just fine. It is one of the newer digital amps that has 4 channels built as two amps in one and is considerable smaller that some other amps. I have been covering the wire loom and wire loom clips in the same material that I used on the interior to help hid all the wires, think it will com out ok.

IMG_0268.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Shane, who does the programming of the infinity box? Can I do my own? have you done any of these programming? can you leave the system on for at least a week or two without then being disconnected?

Thanks,
    Mostafa

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you have to get Infinity Box to program but you can buy the interface to down load the program after they send it back to you.
    GTM #370
    Car was completed and I have SOLD my car
    http://edgemansgtm.weebly.com/index.html
    Doing what you like is freedom - liking what you do is happiness
    later,
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    Mostafa,

You need an inCODE programming module form Infinity Box to update or change configuration of the system to meet your needs. Infinity Box will have tom program the changes for you and then you can load the modified program directly to the master cell, but they must write the program once you let them know what you need. This is the only way I know of changing the program is to have them write the program you need and then download it to the master cell with the inCODE module. The inCODE module is around $335 from Infinity Box and I don't thing you can change the programming with out it, or having them program the changes and send them to you for upload with the inCODE module.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Guys, can you make major changes or only small changes? anyone has had them do this and it is free?

Thanks,
    Mostafa

Post Thanks / Like
    Any major changes you will have to send to them. Say having a front engine configured then going rear, like the GTM then it will have to be sent back. All other changes are simple to load with the inCode programming module. It was free when I had mine done. Not sure if Jay is still there but all the guys are excellent to work with.

Later,
    GTM #370
    Car was completed and I have SOLD my car
    http://edgemansgtm.weebly.com/index.html
    Doing what you like is freedom - liking what you do is happiness
    later,
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    Still working on finishing up the installation of the Amp and Woofer, have the drivers side installed and have covered the wiring for the most part it will be hidden or in a sleeve the same color as the upholstery.

Amp installed and wired:

IMG_0269.jpg

Templet for my Kicker 4" full range speakers that will be behind the seats with Amp on drivers side and Woofer passengers side, still waiting on the Woofer parts to finish the passengers side but will get speaker enclosures built for both sides. Been waiting a week for UPS to deliver, every day they show it out for delivers and everyday the driver takes it back, logs it in and the logs it out for delivery the following day. Called them and the office in Gillette that is final destination before delivery told me if the road was muddy or had snow he wont deliver, go figure never heard of that before. Oh will try to get this week, not sure what they expect this is Wyoming and it is winter so they better figure out something. Never had a problem before they always came but have new young drive and guess he does not know how to drive in bad weather !!!

IMG_0270.jpg IMG_0271.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Thought about building a cover to cover all the wiring and hide everything with cutout for just the Amp face but not sure how hot will get so decided to go this route for now until I know how hot Amp will get. It is spaced off the rear upholstered firewall 1/4" with standoff's to allow air to circulate around Amp. Could build a bigger cover and put the speaker in the cover that would hide most everything. Amp and speaker box only 2 2/4" off the back firewall.

Also finished adding the temperature reflective gold to the remain spaces and firewall pieces including the waterfall engine cover to the entire engine compartment has heat reflective coating, not just need to make sure the heat leaves the engine compartment.

IMG_0272.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Thought about building a cover to cover all the wiring and hide everything with cutout for just the Amp face but not sure how hot will get so decided to go this route for now until I know how hot Amp will get. It is spaced off the rear upholstered firewall 1/4" with standoff's to allow air to circulate around Amp. Could build a bigger cover and put the speaker in the cover that would hide most everything. Amp and speaker box only 2 2/4" off the back firewall.

Also finished adding the temperature reflective gold to the remain spaces and firewall pieces including the waterfall engine cover to the entire engine compartment has heat reflective coating, not just need to make sure the heat leaves the engine compartment.

IMG_0272.jpg
    Hey James,

I have done several car stereos in the years past where I created a cover plate so to speak with a cutout for the amplifiers so it flush mounted with the cover plate, just as you mentioned, and never had an issue with heat. You should be find doing that.

38. Likes LCD Gauges liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KGTM View Post
    Shane, who does the programming of the infinity box? Can I do my own? have you done any of these programming? can you leave the system on for at least a week or two without then being disconnected?

Thanks,
    Mostafa
    Hi Mostafa,

Yes, as others have mentioned, you can tell Mike at Infinitybox what changes you want...for example, I want Output 3 on Powercell #2 to come on any time the ignition comes on.....or I want Output 4 on Powercell #1 to be disabled when the system is "armed/locked" with the keyfob.....or I want Output 6 to turn on for 1 second (door poppers) when input 6 is triggered.....or I want output 7 to stay on for 30 seconds after output 6 is triggered (door popper triggers the dome light to come on and stay on for 30 seconds) or until the ignition comes on. So, you tell them all the changes you need, they make the changes to the code and email the new code to you. You do need their interface to upload the new code to each Mastercell and Powercell module.

I ALWAYS install the inReserve option on every car we build with the Infinitybox system. With the inReserve, you can leave the car unattended for weeks with no battery drain. On the cars we build here, I wire most of them (unless the owner tells me otherwise) so that only the engine ECU memory wire and stereo memory wire have power with the inReserve tripped. Without the inReserve installed, if you leave the Infinitybox system powered up the whole time, your battery will be drained to the point the car may not start within a matter of about 3 days.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC

40. Likes rolfer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    How does remotes and blinking light/beeps for lock and unlock are done have to always turn the Infinitybox off, should at least be good for few weeks or more, but at least from weekend to weekend, one of the reason I opted out after considering it for a long time. but cost me a lot more doing my own, but so far so good.

Mostafa

Post Thanks / Like
    The inReserve has no way of "waking itself" back up. Once the inReserve is tripped (which I recommend doing manually whenever you leave the car for any extended period (more than a day) the car is dead. The only thing that has power is the stereo memory and ECU memory. There is a manual momentary push button that re-connects the battery disconnect. Same button is used to disconnect the battery. So, you can "arm/lock" the system with the remote key fob, then trip the inReserve (or the inReserve will trip itself once battery voltage drops below 12.2V) and when you hit the momentary button to reconnect the battery, the system remembers that it is "locked" and all of the functions you have locked out will still be locked out. If you left the system unlocked and then tripped the inReserve, the system will be unlocked when you reconnect the battery. Very user-friendly and if you forget to disconnect the battery, it will automatically do it for you, so either way, you're protected from a dead battery.

So I guess to answer your question, when you "arm" the system to lock it, you can have it programmed to give you the typical parking light flashes and horn honk if you wish.....and same for unlocking/disarming the system......but none of that will happen or work once the inReserve is tripped because the entire Infinitybox system is completely dead at that point.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Joel,

My Infinity Box system with inTouch controls everything, from lights, environmental controls, all interior functions or basically everything apart from the ignition system and the stand-alone ECU that was done for my engine. It does eliminate wiring and relays for everything that normally would require a relay, so it does make the wiring somewhat simple if you remember that all inputs are ground triggered. It integrates with the Digital Dawg but for safety features only as in needing foot on break or clutch to start the car, but as mentioned above it I had to I could drive the car albeit with some function not working if the Infinity box system goes down.

Guess at the end of the day it is personal preference as to how one what's to configure or what components to use. I will have a tablet in the car that will run the Infinity Box system and as such run most all functions of the car. My system works like Shane mentioned above, the inReserve shuts everything down either manually with moment switch or when the voltage drops with the exception of the stereo memory, ECU and in my case I also have a wire hooked to constant power for the Digital Dawg PBS-II system that wakes it up when you approach with RFID key or manually. Once the system wakes up and arms (the angle eye LED illuminates) it also trips the inReserve and turns the complete electrical system back on ready to go. So I have three items hooked up to contestant power stereo memory, ECU and the wire that will arm the PSB-II (it draws very little power with PBS-II shut down) so I always have enough power to start the car. I know if it is just left to sit for a long period of time the low amp draw items on constant power will draw the battery down as it does in say my Mustang that set all winter long, so I have been towing of installing an onboard maintainer that would be simple to just plug into for when it is going to sit for a long period of time.

44. Thanks Jkviper thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    James, how do you control the environmental ( I assume you mean heater and ac stuff ,the 3 knobs replacement ) with Infinity Box? did not know it does that.

How do you re enabled the inReserve? is this done by remote? how long does it stay on if already below low battery level I think Shane said 12.2V

Thanks,
    Mostafa

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KGTM View Post
    James, how do you control the environmental ( I assume you mean heater and ac stuff ,the 3 knobs replacement ) with Infinity Box? did not know it does that.

How do you re enabled the inReserve? is this done by remote? how long does it stay on if already below low battery level I think Shane said 12.2V

Thanks,
    Mostafa
    https://infinitybox.com/product/invironment/

That is the interface for the heat/AC controls.

The inReserve is re-enabled with a momentary push button. You can probably have it stay on for whatever amount of time you want Infinitybox to program it to stay on. If the battery is under 12.2v, that will be "fixed" the second the engine starts (assuming that your alternator is working properly).
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Mostafa,

As Shane mentioned above if the voltage drops to 12.2 volts the inReserve trips the electronics Infinity Box System) off line and they remain off line until reactivated by either pushing the momentary switch that Shane is talking about or you can also trip it from another power source that has constant power. As I mentioned I have constant power to the stereo memory, ECU and a small draw to the PBS-II system so it will reactivate when in range or at the push of a button. Besides the momentary switch Shane was referring to I also have the inReserve hooked up to the PBS-II system so that when I unlock the driver side door it also trips the inReserve and reactivates all the systems that were shut down when the voltage drops below 12.2 volts, so it is also activated reactivated with the remote for the PBS-II system.

Also as Shane stated I have the inEnvironment control module that replaces the 3 knob system (cannot have both methods to operate hooked to the Vintage Air controller, will not operate with both systems hooked up) and with the InEvironment module in the system operates off the touch pad installed to control the Infinity Box System.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast