FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hose, Cable & Line Retention

Post Thanks / Like

Hose, Cable & Line Retention

Not sure that this is the best location for this thread, but I wanted to get feedback from some seasoned builders...What are the best ways to connect hoses, cables, etc. to the FFR tubed Frame? I have several hoses (Fuel, Heater) than run along the chassis frame. For the most part I have used zip ties. Which are extremely cost effective, very versatile and for the most part extremely functional. However, in some areas they are just not practical (in my opinion) due to heat or other reasons. I am trying to come up with a solution that is functional, practical, cost effective and still looks good. I have used the insulated rubber clips in some cases as well, but sometimes you can't install them in the right angles (or at all). I have also tried billet hose separators and they work ok but tend to be a little less cost effective. Am I over thinking this and should I just stay with zip ties and keep it simple? Any feedback regarding this would be greatly appreciated!

IMG_5204.jpg

IMG_5205.jpg

IMG_4579.jpg

Thanks
    33' Hot Rod Coupe/Roadster (GEN 1), Fendered, Ford 302, 350hp, EFI, AOD, 4-Link, Double Adjustable Koni Coilovers, Split Rear Exhaust, Electric Power Steering, AC/Heat/Defrost, Moser 8.8"-3.55, Willwood Front/Rear Brakes, 18" x 8" Fronts/20" x 10" Rears, Ordered: 1.26.17, Arrived: 3.29.17, First Start: 7.2.18, Go Cart: 11.4.18 Paint/Body: 2.23.19, Back Home: 11.24.19, Completed: NEVER!; View More Pics @ https://starmobileone.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the insulated clips (your first pic) everywhere I could. For the rest of the places I used zip ties.
    For the long bottom radiator hose to the engine I used a long radiator hose clamp to hold it up to the frame. I covered it with some fiberglass like tubing so there wasn't metal rubbing on the rubber radiator hose.
    Last edited by JimLev; 11-21-2018 at 10:05 AM.
    '33 Hotrod, #1047 Gen 1, delivered on 2/27/18, go cart on 9/24/18.
    LS3 w/Gearstar Level 3 4L65e Tranny, Yank converter, Lokar shifter, Electric PS, Vintage AC/Heat/Def, 8.8" 3.55
    TorqThrust II Wheels w/Toyo Proxy T1 Sport Tires, F 235/45ZR17 R 295/35ZR18
    Garage Built, Driveway Painted.