Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Coyote tach wiring

Post Thanks / Like

Coyote tach wiring

Making very slow but steady progress on my build. I enjoy going to the garage and learning something new each time.

Was going to splice my "purple tach wire" from the sending unit harness last night, but don't have a purple tach wire in the RF sending unit extension. According the the RF schematic, all the other wires I expect to see in this extension are there but the purple wire appears to have been replaced with a black ground wire. Anyone else experience this? Did RF just put the wrong color in this extension? Last thing I want to do is cut and solder the wrong wire to the coil wire. I do see the purple wire it in the dash and guage wires, but disappears somewhere before it gets to the sending wire harness.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    The most recent version of the RF harness doesn't have the tach/coil wire in the sending unit harness. There's another bundle of wires including Dk Grn and Grey speed signal, Org EFI or Coil, and Lt Blu EFI Crank, The fifth wire in that bundle is the purple tach/coil wire. Check the schematic that came in the RF Chassis Wiring Harness instructions. Shows there.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    We were able to do the 1st start of our MKIV with a 2017 Coyote yesterday. The Tach wire we used came with the Speedhut Gauge package from FFR. (Thanks edwardb for the splicing technique!)
    Bob (Building with my son Justin)

MK IV #9040 - Complete kit, IRS, Forte Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Delivered 2/14/17.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you "EdwardB". Got busy and just found and took care of this yesterday. I appreciate your response and the info.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SoManyParts View Post
    Making very slow but steady progress on my build. I enjoy going to the garage and learning something new each.
    Ditto
    Mk4 ordered 1/3/18, IRS, Coyote, T56 Magnum