Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: soft top not on Parts website anymore

Post Thanks / Like

soft top not on Parts website anymore

Hi All,

Saw the black friday sale and thought I would order the soft-top for my mk4 roadster

Went to the website and could not find any soft tops at all. Have they deleted it or is it just not in the sale

Keith

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithY View Post
    Hi All,

Saw the black friday sale and thought I would order the soft-top for my mk4 roadster

Went to the website and could not find any soft tops at all. Have they deleted it or is it just not in the sale

Keith
    The tops have always been excluded from sales. I suspect that it was easier to remove them from the "catalog" than to tell people trying to order them that they aren't included. FFR doesn't stock them anyway, and when I ordered mine, the order was sent from FFR to Rod Tops to fulfill. I had to call them directly to get the zippered rear window option added and paid them (Rod Tops) directly for that option.

Dave
    Last edited by Papa; 11-21-2018 at 09:51 PM.
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

3. Thanks TexasAviator thanked for this post
    Likes doddmoore liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Mk4 20th Anniversary #8690 (#8 of 20) Purchased 8/18/18----Build Started 8/19/18
    Build Thread Click Here / Registry Entry Click Here / BluePrint Engines 347ci / TKO600
    Carb/Heater/Heated Seats/Cruise Control/Drop Trunk & Battery/Custom Cubby

Post Thanks / Like
    Here you go... . Don't think you can order from here though... It was there on November 17th...

CLICK HERE

Mk4 20th Anniversary #8690 (#8 of 20) Purchased 8/18/18----Build Started 8/19/18
    Build Thread Click Here / Registry Entry Click Here / BluePrint Engines 347ci / TKO600
    Carb/Heater/Heated Seats/Cruise Control/Drop Trunk & Battery/Custom Cubby

Post Thanks / Like
    The sale, as far as parts and accessory's go, is pretty slim pickings from what i could see.

Post Thanks / Like
    I want to buy a second seat slider. I have one, already. Is the sale limited to only the items on the link?
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Railroad View Post
    I want to buy a second seat slider. I have one, already. Is the sale limited to only the items on the link?
    The seat track slider is on catalog website: http://www.factoryfiveparts.com/1207...eat-track-kit/

The e-mail I got says: Save 25% off all items on our parts catalog! The link only takes you to the "New Items" page, but I don't think you are limited to just what's on that link.
    Last edited by Papa; 11-22-2018 at 10:27 AM.
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    The seat track slider is on catalog website: http://www.factoryfiveparts.com/1207...eat-track-kit/

The e-mail I got says: Save 25% off all items on our parts catalog! The link only takes you to the "New Items" page, but I don't think you are limited to just what's on that link.
    Thanks for the link. I am glad I got to read it. It states, works for the drivers side only. So I guess I will just space the passenger side up to the same level with spacers. Don't know what the drivers side only issue is. I have not gotten to the seat mounting yet.
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Railroad View Post
    Thanks for the link. I am glad I got to read it. It states, works for the drivers side only. So I guess I will just space the passenger side up to the same level with spacers. Don't know what the drivers side only issue is. I have not gotten to the seat mounting yet.
    I have never understood why they say that they work for the drivers side only? I have them fitted to both sides - not because I needed them to slide, but because the standard mounting does not meet our NZ rules for mounting the seats, and I wanted both sides to mount the same - they work perfectly well on both sides of the car (my drivers side is your passenger side)
    FFR MkIV 8419 - Right Hand Drive
    427W with Inglese 8 Stack injection - 560hp
    TKO600 5 Speed, 8.8 Detroit Trutrak LSD IRS
    VPM Adjustable Sway Bars
    Vintage Wheels 17" Pin Drive

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotyacht View Post
    I have never understood why they say that they work for the drivers side only? I have them fitted to both sides - not because I needed them to slide, but because the standard mounting does not meet our NZ rules for mounting the seats, and I wanted both sides to mount the same - they work perfectly well on both sides of the car (my drivers side is your passenger side)
    thanks for the reply and info. I was thinking, it might have to do with the handle relation to the tunnel or sides??
    With that information, I will definitely order.

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like they are running out of some things. I ordered bunch of items this morning successfully. I went back tonight to get the Coyote 4 into 1 into 4 headers and even though it was in my shopping cart and I was paying it still ended up telling me there was no more stock when I pressed the purchase button. Bummer!