Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  8

Thread: Puma's 818 Build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Puma's 818 Build

My name is Eric, but my close friends call me Puma. In college I studied architecture then went back to school for engineering. At one point I used to own a speed shop, and I am fairly handy when it comes to fabrication and custom work. I have a turbo forester, a single cab short bed silverado, and a built G8GT. I am a cobb certified tuner, and have been tuning and building cars for about 20 years. I was always interested in 818's, but just never seemed to be in a good place to take on a build of that magnitude. I also used to have another turbo forester...... which is how I got into this predicament. My wife was driving the "beater" forester and a teenager pulled out right in front of her. She ate up his bumper and the car was deemed a total loss even though it was a fairly easy fix. The forester had such a low blue book value that I contemplated not even reporting it to the insurance, and just fixing it myself. I was hunting parts to fix it when a friend sent me a post of someone selling a partially built 818. They had lost interest and had too many projects going. The forester made for a decent donor and I already owned it so everything seemed pretty straight forward...... I negotiated a price that included delivery and here we go on this crazy ride, as I learn how to build a kit car.

Eric Rue

Last edited by e-rue; 01-11-2019 at 12:04 AM.