Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Reservoir Plumbing

Post Thanks / Like

Reservoir Plumbing

Hi all - three questions for you all re: reservoir plumbing. I decided to go with the jamar triple reservoir. I fabricated a mount bracket to mount it to the 3/4 upper front frame bar just outside the pedal box as many others have done. Three quick questions:

1.). Since I’m using a hydraulic clutch is there any reason I can’t use the right pre fab hole in the pedal box front that the clutch cable would normally run through to run the 3 reservoir hoses? See pic - I temporarily ran the 3 rubber hoses through the hole I am referring to.

2.) what’s best distance from the pedal box to mount this reservoir?

3.) I have seen some SS braided hoses for the reservoir to master plumbing. I want to go this route. Any suggesting on SS hoses for the jamar connection to my wilwood masters (brakes and hydraulic clutch)?4C8CC52F-5AA1-44E0-855E-DEB9B72D79DA.jpg

Pic attached for some reference. Thanks again! Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    I can answer 1 and 2. 1. yes-many use the clutch cable hole for the three hoses. 2. Edwardb had previously answered this question for me and he said no more than 12 inches from the front of the footbox to the furthest point on the reservoirs. Any closer and it will interfere with the hood hinge/hydraulics. I will add that I found that it also depends on what engine you are installing. I originally mounted mine 11.5 inches from the front of the footbox and ended up having to move it closer to the footbox because in original location the reservoir was almost touching the engine. I am using the Tilton reservoir though. Hope that helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    you might also want to find/fashion a grommet to go into that hole for your hoses to limit the heat from you engine bay in the footbox

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't like the idea of hoses and grommets so used bulkhead fittings. Ran hard line from reservoir to the bulkhead fitting and hose from the fitting to the masters.
    MKII "Little Boy". 432CI all aluminum Windsor. .699 solid roller, DA Koni shocks, aluminum IRS, Straight cut dog ring T-5, 13" four piston Brembos, Bogart wheels. BOOM!

5. Likes Mike.Bray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I put a triple reservior in my setup through that hole. Used AN fitted braided lines from Summit.
    FFR Roadster Delivered 9/16/21
    Forte 427 Fuel Injected with TKX Transmission
    Forte's Axle

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks all this was helpful. Im thinking to mount the reservoir closer to the foot box front after hearing this. Btw I’m putting in a Blueprint 427. If it ever actually gets produced and arrives that is been over a year now. Ugh.

8. Likes CaptB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zanman View Post
    Thanks all this was helpful. Im thinking to mount the reservoir closer to the foot box front after hearing this. Btw I’m putting in a Blueprint 427. If it ever actually gets produced and arrives that is been over a year now. Ugh.
    I sent my 347 back to BPE, not that there was a problem, there wasn't but I wanted to move up to a 427. BPE advised that it was going to be six months before they even knew when they would have a block so I had them send my money back and contacted Mike Forte. Block issues there as well but we have a path to a 427 block that is in stock from World Products. It is costing me more but Mike advised he should have it to me by June.
    Forte's Axle

Post Thanks / Like
    We used the same hole. We had an extra grommet we didn't use for the harness and it fit nicely. It took some work getting the grommet in, but it sealed up the hole well.Screenshot_20220308-175208_Photos.jpg
    Mk4 Roadster with BluePrint 347 with Holley EFI and solid axle rear end.
    Build thread
    Body work and paint thread

11. Likes CaptB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mike in Atlanta, can you post a pic of your res routing? BTW, I'm Art in Big Canoe, just north of you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I made a grommet for the hole as shown here and passed the three hoses through it.
    MkIV Roadster build: Gen 2 Coyote, IRS, TKO600. Ordered 10/24/18. Delivered 1/29/19. Engine installed 8/8/21. First start 9/12/21. First go-kart 9/17/21. Off to paint 4/11/22. Back from paint 12/30/22. Build thread here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I did same thing actually Hineas- had an extra grommet and it worked great. Assuming I can get the 3 SS tubes through it when they arrive. Btw how do you have your res bracket mounted? I am also mounting mine on engine side of the 3/4” frame rail. I drilled 5 holes thinking I could mount it fine with 3/16 rivets. But to be quite honest I am worried about the sturdiness. So I was planning to rivet the middle 3 and then drill out each end hole for bolts if the rivets seemed weak. If not I just add the remaining 2 rivets. But I freaking over think everything haha. I also fabricated an angled piece as well like John k has in his and after assessing- I eventually decided on the flat side mount. Just seems like an easier install.

Btw I called wilwood and they are just awesome on tech support. You get right through to a knowledgeable person every time. Maybe just my luck. They gave me the exact part numbers to replace my MC bard inlets with screw ins. And also provided me new SS tubes to use.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used a flat steel plate, bolted through the side of the 3/4" tube w/ bolts/nuts. I also tried the angled mount with rivets, but too flimsy. I ended up cutting off the angle and bolt it through. very sturdy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Btw CaptB - BPE got back to me and said blocks are now due Q2 giving me a July delivery date. I’m happy enough with that to stay the course for now. But they did disclaimer saying that could change. Tough call on best path forward so I totally get why you looked elsewhere. Im trying to be patient and I keep telling myself the fun is in the build. But I’m not gonna lie as I get deeper into the build I’m dying to hear this thing roar!

Post Thanks / Like
    Btw CaptB - BPE got back to me and said blocks are now due Q2 giving me a July delivery date. I’m happy enough with that to stay the course for now. But they did disclaimer saying that could change. Tough call on best path forward so I totally get why you looked elsewhere. Im trying to be patient and I keep telling myself the fun is in the build. But I’m not gonna lie as I get deeper into the build I’m dying to hear this thing roar!
    Awesome, remind again what engine you got? Thanks!!!
    Forte's Axle

Post Thanks / Like

19. Likes CaptB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well it hasn't been as smooth as I thought, although the overall 427 build is cheaper my builder had to source from World Products (Ford gave up the ghost) so I'm supposed to get the engine/tranny in the next month. If BPE comes through in July that's really great man!
    Forte's Axle