Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Dashboard Fitment

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dashboard Fitment

Hey all. Trying to get a rough idea of how my dash will fit before I put the gauges in. I've looked at many different build threads and video for comparison, but mine might be a little different due to it being the plastic dash and it having the new pillow bearing mount with the RT Turn Signal, which pushes it out some.

I realize that to get a perfect fitment, the body needs to be on, but I thought that maybe I could get some guidance if anything looks like it might need to be trimmed (future tense) so I have everything zip tied into place.

I've cut the hole for the RT Turn Signal and seem to have it right on. As others suggested, I've also cut off the plastic piece that folds in around the steering column. Here are a couple of pics.

Middle of dashboard. This is about as high as this goes before affecting some of the flush fitment around the edges. Does this look correct?

This is the driver's side corner. I think this looks pretty good?

This is the passenger side/glove box area, which is where I have most of my concern. In order to keep the middle and driver's side as shown, I end up having a small lip over the 3/4" tube towards the end by the glove box. Is this typically trimmed? Looks like I'd need at least 1/2" trimmed off to keep everything flush to the right side.

Again, I this is just a rough fitment so I know what to expect as I get further into my build.

Thanks!
    Last edited by cv2065; 11-25-2018 at 01:48 PM.
    MKIV Roadster - #9380 - Complete Kit - Delivered 7/17/18 - SOLD 5/2023
    Build Thread #1: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...V-Build-Thread
    MKIV Roadster - #TBD - Complete Kit - Delivered 11/6/23 - In Progress
    Build Thread #2: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...Build-Thread-2