Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Clutch Interlock Switch Connector

Post Thanks / Like

Clutch Interlock Switch Connector

Anyone know where I can obtain a connector for the clutch interlock/safety switch?

I've currently got the body off my car for some minor upgrades. I'm looking to install a new Mustang clutch interlock/safety switch and while I'm at it I'd like to use a factory-type connector instead of having to try and adapt my wiring to the switch.

I can get a replacement switch easily enough; however, not the connector/pigtail.

Factory Five has recommended trying the forums; Late Model Restoration recommends getting a used one from a Mustang salvage yard. (I'll try the salvage yard route if I can't get one new.)

And to be safe, at a minimum I'm going to wire the transmission neutral safety switch into the starting circuit so I'll have some protection if I can't locate a clutch interlock switch connector/pigtail.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Jim Doak; 11-27-2018 at 09:31 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looked for that plug several years ago. Found one on line at that time, but no longer easy to find. Wrecking yard may be your best bet, or, you can install a simple arm or button activated switch on the clutch pedal arm.
    I'm just a victim of a thousand physic wars!
    www.weendoggy.com/cobra.htm