Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Are any of you running 17's on the front with 18's on the rear?

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Are any of you running 17's on the front with 18's on the rear?

Hey Gang,

We often see wheel height staggering on the 33 Hot Rods and they look great that way.
    Corvette's have been coming from the factory with a 1" height stagger since the C-5 came on the scene.
    My question is are any of you running 17's up front with 18's out back on your Roadsters or Type 65 Coupes?

Steve
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 11-26-2018 at 04:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDadGo View Post
    Hey Gang,

We often see wheel height staggering on the 33 Hot Rods and they look great that way.
    Corvette's have been coming from the factory with a 1" height stagger since the C-5 came on the scene.
    My question is are any of you running 17's up front with 18's out back on your Roadsters or Type 65 Coupes?

Steve

Following. Have the same idea for my MK IV.
    FFR 7644 MK IV. Coyote 5.0, Boss 302 Intake, Tremec TKO600, 8.8 rear 3 link, 3:73, Koni's, Wilwood brakes, 17" Halibrands, Nitto NT555's, SS side-pipes. Velocity Red Mica, Dark Silver stripes. Painted striped dash. Heated Leather seats. Heat, defrosters, wipers. Hidden bluetooth stereo.
    A dream come true.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Race Ratz View Post
    Following. Have the same idea for my MK IV.
    I've been thinking about getting the Bullitt wheels for my car, possibly wrapped in Nitto NT01's for auto crossing.
    They come in 17X8, 17X9, 17X10, 18X9 and 18X10.
    Colors are Grey, Black & Chrome.

https://www.oewheelsllc.com/Wheel-Si...tang/year/2003

We've purchased wheels from them before, three sets to be exact, and have been pleased with their quality.
    My old C-4, Baby Go-Dad's 2000 Camaro and my MK-4 all have their wheels.
    Loved the Bullitt style, but also loved their 10th-anniversary Cobra wheels.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8m...w=0&shelf_id=1
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 11-26-2018 at 11:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing really to keep you from doing a 17/18 combination Steve but why other than due to tire availability? I run NT-01s on mine with a set of OE wheels; 255/40-17 on 17x9 in front and 315/35-17 on 17x10 in the back.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
    Nothing really to keep you from doing a 17/18 combination Steve but why other than due to tire availability? I run NT-01s on mine with a set of OE wheels; 255/40-17 on 17x9 in front and 315/35-17 on 17x10 in the back.

Jeff
    I've got 245/45-17's up front (17X9) with 285/40-17's out back (17X10) and love the look of the taller thinner tires since they almost give the car a vintage 15'' wheel/tire vibe; however, I'd like to have a combo similar to yours (Softer, Wider & Lower In Profile) for auto-crossing and for making 1/4 mile passes. With that said I think the NT-01's would work way better than my standard Nitto-555's.

https://youtu.be/NhRHwAbtrt0

Since I almost bought the Bullet Style Wheels when I made my original purchase of their now discontinued 10th anniversary wheels, I didn't realize that they offered those wheels in 17's and 18's. That's why I figured I'd ask the masses to see if anybody was running a height staggered set on their Roadsters or Coupes to see what they looked like and if they liked that crazy combo.

I guess it's sort of like my lovely wife wanting (Needing) yet another pair heels to fill up our closet area even more. I guess she's rubbed off on me after all these years so I figured an extra set of wheels and tires would help me stumble over things in my Cobra Cave like I do in our dressing area.
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 11-27-2018 at 09:00 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, but in the end you can only fit a tire XX inches tall and XX inches wide no matter what the rim diameter so for example in the case of the NT-01 you'd be looking at a 315/35-17 which is 25.6" diameter and 12.6" wide vs. a 315/30-18 at 25.4" diameter and 12.6 wide. The only significant difference between the two would be that the 18" tire would show about 5/8" less sidewall.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
    OK, but in the end you can only fit a tire XX inches tall and XX inches wide no matter what the rim diameter so for example in the case of the NT-01 you'd be looking at a 315/35-17 which is 25.6" diameter and 12.6" wide vs. a 315/30-18 at 25.4" diameter and 12.6 wide. The only significant difference between the two would be that the 18" tire would show about 5/8" less sidewall.

Jeff
    Thanks Jeff!