Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: EZ30R H6 donor for sale only $1,750!!! 2005 subaru outback sedan 3.0R

Post Thanks / Like

EZ30R H6 donor for sale only $1,750!!! 2005 subaru outback sedan 3.0R

Car is sold!

Hey guys, I'm a long time member of Legacygt.com and am selling my 2005 outback sedan 3.0R. I have it up for sale over there on legacygt.com so im gonna copy and paste the sale thread here. this is a running, driving car you can buy and drive home and use it as a donor for your H6 install for the 818. If anyone here was playing with the idea of a H6 donor rather than the usual EJ255, this is the EZ30R with AVCS and AVLS, 250CHP and 7krpm redline.

sale thread with pics - https://legacygt.com/forums/showthre...ap-276763.html

Year, Make and Model: 2005 Outback Sedan 3.0R
    Color: Silver(BSM)
    Miles: 110,4xx
    Transmission: 5EAT
    Title: Clear in hand + 3 accidents on Carfax
    Lien: No
    VIN: 4S4BL84C554218420
    Asking Price: $1750 OBO

Selling my beater. 3.0r outback sedan with tan leather interior. Car served me well but i just got a 2011 Outback 3.6R for basically nothing, so the sedan has to go. At this price, restoring it or making money by parting it out are both options for potential buyers.

Previous owner and Carfax accidents:
    The original owner was an 80+ y/o family member who had 3 "pressed the gas instead of the brake" accidents in 2008 and and subsequently relinquished their licence. Things were repaired following the accents by a body shop and i took possession of it as a second car in august of 2008 after the last accident and repair. I took full ownership in 2011. A Carfax I ran in 2015 is attached with the pics.

My ownership:
    Initially the car was a second car / daily for just me, but around 2013 and on-wards it became my wife's "learning to drive" and first car. So the car started getting bumps and scratches with the more heavy use a first time driver would put on it. When my daughter came in to the picture, you now have the wear and tare a kid will put in to it. As of February of this year, i picked up an impreza for my wife, so the car was relegated to beater/utility duty as little things in the car broke more. Having it also allowed me to have prolonged downtime on my MX-5 to keep it autox worthy. I decided to not put a dime in it and drive it in to the ground, but now that i found a replacement for the sedan, i no longer need it. We definitely got our value out of it. Now, someone else can restore it if they want, keep it as a beater, or do a part out and make money. the drive train alone is worth what im asking

Body: 5/10
    There is some dent or scratch or mark on every panel. its a 13+yo NYC area car driven by a 1st time driver. it could be worse. All lights work. look at the pics attached for detail.
    Broken things:
    -windshield is cracked and needs replacement.
    -front bumper has significant scratches and bumps and a little misaligned
    -passenger side rear door "outback" clad molding cracked, and I glued back together. shown in the pic

Interior:5/10
    It could use a deep cleaning. no significant tears in the leather, but certainly far from pristine. HVAC heat and A/C works well.
    Broken things
    -Radio gets no AM/FM reception, but CD player and changer plays fine. can be easily fixed with a replacement or later model radio like the p-204UH
    -Driver's seat heater not working, a common issue with simple fixes.
    -HVAC Mode actuators need replacement. system cant direct air to the foot wells, only face vend and windshield. A common issue.
    -rear cup holder door broke off. another common issue
    -driver's side vent by the a-pillar close wheel broken.
    -front passenger seat switch broken. wont move the seat forward and the seat is stuck in the rearward most position. you can hear the switch engage the motor to move it back, but not forward so its the switch. the seat reclines forward and back properly.
    -right side wood trim by radio had 2 mount holes and screws left over from an aftermarket XM radio installation which has been removed.

Mechanical:
    Engine and transmission run strong. Car makes good power and does about 17-20 mpg around town. Car has a new battery since the beginning of the year. The car is a monster in the snow with its snow tires. it ran circles around everyone during the winter storm we had a few weeks ago up here. Fluids are changed on time.
    Broken things or things wearing out:
    -The main issue with the car is a coolant leak. i have to put about 6oz in the radiator every week or so. if i let it go for too long, the car will run hot with the air in the system, so i just top it off weekly. I don't know where the leak is, but you can smell it in the engine bay.
    -there some of the usual heat shield rattles from underneath the car
    -car has dunlop wintersport 3D 225/55/17 tires that will be good through next summer, but will probably be too worn for the 2019-2020 winter
    -one of the TPMS sensors is low on battery, and 2 other sensors have a slow leak. i put air in the 2 rear tires after about a week or so or the light comes on. TPMS system works properly otherwise.
    -Bank 1 rear O2 sensor is going bad. i get a P0420 CEL from time to time. they are $20-$40 on rockauto.com
    -will need brakes within a year or so i think.

Inspection:
    the inspection on this car is expired. With a windshield and the o2 sensor replaced, it will pass no problem.

Aftermarket/mods:
    -Car currently sits lowered on 06 LGT Spec.B Bilsteins and GT springs to get its current ride height in the pics. I have the full outback take off assemblies which i will include with the sale.
    -DRL disable mod. (to undo, just plug a connector back in)

Car comes with 3 keys(no valet key) and 2 remotes, and the little metal security number tab.

So lots of potential here for a restoration or to make money on a part out. either way, i think the asking price is a good deal. AS i said above, the drive train alone is worth what i'm asking.

If you are interested, hit me up with a PM.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by whitetiger; 12-03-2018 at 03:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Whitetiger, nice to see you on here. Be careful or you'll be building an 818!
    Gator
    "Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"
    Owner: Colonel Red Racing
    eBAy Store: http://stores.ebay.com/colonelredracing
    818R ICSCC SPM
    2005 Subaru STI Race Car ICSCC ST and SPM
    Palatov DP4 - ICSCC Sports Racer

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi SG, i will be building one, as soon as i have the space for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Car is sold!