Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: SEMA 2018 Type 65 Coupe Live Build Time Lapse

Webmaster, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like

SEMA 2018 Type 65 Coupe Live Build Time Lapse

3 Days in 3 Minutes! Check out this cool time lapse video of the Coupe being built at Ford Out Front during SEMA 2018. The live Coupe build will be part of PowerNation TV show that airs December 4th at 11 PM ET/10 PM CT/8 PM PT on NBC Sports Network.

Dave Lindsey
    FFR's Mad Dog

2. Thanks 65 Cobra Dude thanked for this post
    Likes 65 Cobra Dude liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Jelly!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I can assure you all that at no point did we move that fast! But it sure was a good time

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    This is awesome. You all did a great job!
    Mark
    Mk1, Frame #1929 Complete restoration/upgrade. BP 347 with Edelbrock PF4 439/420. 4 link with coilovers. 8.8 3.55, 15” Halibrand, New beefed up T5 w/short throw shifter, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, Custom original style steering wheel, shaft and boss, Heat/AC, Heated seats, PPW wipers w/washers, Forte’s throttle linkage, RT trunk hoop mod, Pusher cooling fans, full LED lighting, custom headrests, 5 point seat belts with sub pass through, Speedhut GPS gauges, battery drop box in trunk, LED courtesy lights, Breeze trunk cubby kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    What the video doesn’t show is that the booth was about 10’ from that drift track. 10 hours a day next to a track with multiple cars smoking tires at max RPM. The high performance drive exhibitions never stopped. They built it in three days without being able to hear a word each other was saying while sucking in exhaust fumes and burnt rubber. I wish I was exaggerating. That crew deserves hazard pay.
    -Steve
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Had an awesome time with a great team and an outstanding product to build. Straversi isn't lying! Every night when I got back to the hotel, I blew a 235/70R15 tire out of each nostril!!! Thank you FFR for the opportunity to work with the master builders Ron Everitt and Jeff Kleiner and FFR engineer extraordinaire Jesper!

Henry

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was great fun to check in with you guys each day and watch the progress of the build! Well done, guys! Really cool to watch Dave Smith beat the heck out of that brand new car! Sounded great and looked awesome.

Garry
    I sure miss my coupe!

F5R1004503SP 2004 Challenge Car, 331 Stroker

Coupe # 031, 422" Windsor stroker by Southern Automotive (Dash autographed by Peter Brock)***SOLD***
    Unique 427 Roadster, 482" Aluminum FE by Southern Automotive***SOLD***

9. Thanks 65 Cobra Dude thanked for this post
    Likes 65 Cobra Dude liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 65 Cobra Dude View Post
    Had an awesome time with a great team and an outstanding product to build. Straversi isn't lying! Every night when I got back to the hotel, I blew a 235/70R15 tire out of each nostril!!! Thank you FFR for the opportunity to work with the master builders Ron Everitt and Jeff Kleiner and FFR engineer extraordinaire Jesper!

Henry

It was a good way to spend a vacation-next vacation for me is Barret Jackson Scottsdale to watch some lucky bidder take this beauty home.
    FFinisher/AKA RE63

11. Likes 65 Cobra Dude liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is there a still shot of the build crew?
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    Is there a still shot of the build crew?
    Your eyes will undoubtedly be drawn To Katie Osborne from PowerNation TV rather than our mugs but here we are; L-R Jesper Ingerslev from FFR, Ron Everitt (FFinisher/RE63) Katie, myself and Henry Renaud (65 Cobra Dude).

We had the live and still camera crew with us the whole time and Katie came by periodically throughout the day to record segments, some of which might be included when the TV show airs. Everything went smooth as silk but at some point during the build I said to Ron & Henry "Aren't we supposed to be fighting and griping with each other, throwing tools and tantrums and be constantly *****ing about the impossible deadline like they do on all those other car building TV shows." Ron said, "Nah, let's put away the tools and go have a beer"

Cheers,
    Jeff

14. Likes 65 Cobra Dude liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys did in three minutes what’s taking me 10 years to finish!!
    Great car.

John
    Finished the "My Coupe, my way" project.

http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae46/jdcoupe1969/
    Coupe #386,17" Team III 245 FR 315 RR, 3-link, T5, 4 wheel disk, power brakes/steering. Sniper EFI
    First start Sept. 18 2013 First go kart Sept 19 2013

16. Likes 65 Cobra Dude liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John Dol View Post
    You guys did in three minutes what’s taking me 10 years to finish!!
    Great car.

John
    4 guys with 100 Cars+/- experience speeds things up a bit. Stay on track, you will get there.

It’s not supposed to be a race to get them completed... but it sure feels like it some days, 😎
    FFinisher/AKA RE63

18. Thanks John Dol thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Ron!
    Just want to drive the damn thing already!!

John
    Finished the "My Coupe, my way" project.

http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae46/jdcoupe1969/
    Coupe #386,17" Team III 245 FR 315 RR, 3-link, T5, 4 wheel disk, power brakes/steering. Sniper EFI
    First start Sept. 18 2013 First go kart Sept 19 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome! Not to detract from how amazing it is that you were able to do this in 3 days, but I'm wondering what sort of 'behind the scenes' prep work went into being able to build the car in three days? Obviously the body was painted in advance. Was the entire car assembled and then disassembled in preparation for the show build? I'm guessing this would have helped avoid many of the gotcha's that come up with builds. I'm assuming that aluminum panels were already drilled, etc. It's still a massive accomplishment nonetheless, and a gorgeous car.

Webmaster, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can catch some more clips of the build tomorrow night on NBC Sports Network at 11 PM ET, 10 PM CT, 8 PM PT with PowerNation On the Road! The show will also re-airs 2 AM ET/1 AM CT/11 PM PT. It will also air on CBSSN on December 30 at 10 PM ET, 9 PM CT, 7 PM PT. Set your DVRs! PowerNation usually posts these shows to their website as well so we'll keep an eye out for that link to share with everyone.

EDIT: Looks like PowerNation got their dates mixed up, and the SEMA Special didn't air tonight. We'll get in touch with them to get the correct date and times that the show will air. We'll keep you posted.
    Dave Lindsey
    FFR's Mad Dog

Post Thanks / Like
    I wanted to revive this thread because I just completed the purchase of this coupe, now with about 1000 miles on it. I was hoping that somewhere in the Factory Five file cabinets there is a build sheet with all of the options installed. I know that I can reverse engineer the build sheet from the actual car but I was hoping that it may already exist somewhere. More importantly I was hoping that the paint codes were saved somewhere. I know that we have a pearl white and a color called patriot blue. I'm not sure what red was used for the pinstripes. Hopefully someone still has this information. Thank you in advance for any help I can get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I’m sure Ron Everitt still has the codes. I’ll reach out to him and ask him to reply with them.

Thx

Henry

24. Likes WIS89 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’m sure Ron Everitt still has the codes. I’ll reach out to him and ask him to reply with them.

Thx

Henry
    Thank you very much!
    James

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    James, I just texted with Ron. He’s sending a note to the painter and will post here. He’s on the road right now so it may be a day or 2.

Henry

27. Thanks WIS89 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cool to see this come up again!

Enjoy the car James

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
    Cool to see this come up again!

Enjoy the car James

Jeff
    Thank you! I can’t wait to get it here. It has to make the trip from Miami.

Post Thanks / Like
    James, I just texted with Ron. He’s sending a note to the painter and will post here. He’s on the road right now so it may be a day or 2.

Henry
    Thank you!
    Gen. 3 Coupe - Coyote motor, TKO 5 speed
    Daily Driver: 2017 Ford Focus RS

Post Thanks / Like
    A couple questions for those that put in the hard work. I’m guessing that it has a cable activated clutch rather than hydraulic? Was the FFR heat shielding/sound deadening installed? Since it was 2018 It was probably a 3rd generation coyote motor?
    Thank you
    James

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jmsrx View Post
    A couple questions for those that put in the hard work. I’m guessing that it has a cable activated clutch rather than hydraulic? Was the FFR heat shielding/sound deadening installed? Since it was 2018 It was probably a 3rd generation coyote motor?
    Thank you
    James
    Cable clutch.

No insulation or sound deadening (the original plan was to disassemble the car and rebuild it at Barrett-Jackson at which time it would have been installed but that plan changed).

Gen 2 Coyote.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Cable clutch.

No insulation or sound deadening (the original plan was to disassemble the car and rebuild it at Barrett-Jackson at which time it would have been installed but that plan changed).

Gen 2 Coyote.

Jeff
    Thank you Jeff!

Post Thanks / Like
    Cable clutch.

Gen 2 Coyote.

Jeff
    Jeff is correct, This was my car we built at SEMA, I then sold at Barret Jackson 2018.

Color codes are:

Toyota 049 White Main color white
    Toyota Indigo Ink 8P4 Stripes
    GM Victory Red GCN Pinstripes
    FFinisher/AKA RE63

35. Thanks 65 Cobra Dude thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FFinisher View Post
    Jeff is correct, This was my car we built at SEMA, I then sold at Barret Jackson 2018.

Color codes are:

Toyota 049 White Main color white
    Toyota Indigo Ink 8P4 Stripes
    GM Victory Red GCN Pinstripes
    Thank you very much! When it was inspected for me there were a couple chips that were found.

Post Thanks / Like
    So the car was delivered today. Unfortunately I’m already having an issue. It started just fine when they drove it out of the trailer and onto my driveway. We turned it off quickly since it was early on Sunday morning and the car is very loud. I waited a few hours and tried to start it. It started for a couple of seconds then cut out. I tried multiple times and it would try to turn over but acted like it wasn’t getting fuel. After multiple attempts it wouldn’t even try to start. No noises from the starter at all. Not even clicking noises. I pulled the battery and put it on a quick charge. After it was done I reinstalled it and tried again. Nothing. I fumbled around under the dash and my hand caught the battery cut off key. I turned it off, pulled the key and turned it back on. Still nothing. But for some reason soon after that without doing anything else the car attempted to start again. Still wouldn’t do it acting like it wasn’t getting fuel. Then after so many attempts it went silent again. Gauges, lights, etc. come on. It says I have a little over 12 volts and 3/4 tank of gas. This really is depressing since I just took delivery of my dream car. Pre purchase inspector in Miami started it multiple times without issue. Not sure if it makes a difference but it came from Miami to central Oklahoma where it is currently very cold. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    PM sent!

Henry

Post Thanks / Like
    Henry has saved the day! He checked with Ron and it was decided that an inertia switch was likely not installed. Turned out to be a cheap part from Ford. The fuel pump connector was not contacting the posts on the fuel pump well. I pushed down on the connector while someone turned the key to on and the fuel pump engaged. The car then started as long as I was applying pressure to the connector. THANK YOU HENRY! My wife was giving me dirty looks which meant "You spent how much on a lemon?".

40. Thanks 65 Cobra Dude thanked for this post
    Likes Papa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Glad we got it figured out Jim!

Henry