Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Truck questions...

Post Thanks / Like

Truck questions...

Hi guys! I used to be very active on this forum and on ffcars but it’s been a while. Four years after completion (three years after paint and graduation) my Roadster is doing great and still turns heads every time I drive it...

I’m now getting the itch to do another FFR and the Finance Manager aka Wife has agreed in principle! I am leaning towards the ‘35 truck but I have several questions. I tried to call FFR today but couldn’t get through to a person; I’m typically fully tied up during the weekdays so I thought I’d try posting my questions here instead. Thanks in advance for any responses!

Here goes:
    1) What is the default exhaust configuration for the truck? I’d like to do a rear exhaust - is that possible without too much extra work?
    2) Does the kit come with a full interior, i.e. carpet, door pads, dash covering/pad, etc.? If not, are there any vendors for that stuff already?
    3) Does the kit come with seatbelts? (Reason for these questions is that I’d like to drive it to work every so often.)
    4) Does it come with side windows? Do they open? Are they electric?
    5) Does it come with wipers or is there a good aftermarket solution?
    6) Are full fenders difficult to get right? I.e. are they a whole lot more work or just a bit?
    7) And last but not least - are instructions available for the truck? I don’t see these on FFRs parts site...

Thanks again!

ram_g
    FFR Mk3.1 #6720. Carb'd 302. Fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Trucks are nice
    1. Factory Exhaust terminates in front of the diff tips point down or you could rotate.
    2. Includes, carpet, seat, door panels, seat belts, removable fibrtglass dash.
    3. Yes three point or 5 point harness.
    4. Yes electric side glass.
    5. No wipers but plenty of aftermarket options.
    6. Fenders and running boards are easy to fit and running boards are structural.
    7. Beta manual available and they are updating it. They do supply a 33 HR manual as a lot is the same.
    Great kit like all FFR kits are, I highly recommend it!
    Last edited by Marv; 12-03-2018 at 09:24 AM.
    2008 FFR 5851 Copperhead Orange with ghost stripes by “the Bat”, Ford Racing 345 HP, Tremec 5 Speed
    2012 FFR 33 HR, won Best Use of Chrome Huntington Beach 2014; 345 HP AOD
    Deep Impact Blue
    2018 FFR 35 Pick Up, building, getting there.

3. Thanks ram_g thanked for this post
    PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    No headliner with kit. As per Jay at FFR. I did a custom rear exhaust on mine. The dash is fiberglass, no pad. No vendors yet on interior stuff.

5. Thanks ram_g thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been looking at the trucks myself and trying to decide between the Gen 2 33 and the truck. I'm pretty settled on the truck at this point. I bought the digital copy of the manual today from their online store for 10 bucks. Downloaded from order receipt and for some reason none of the pictures in the manual are visible, only the text. I'll call them Monday and see whats up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bnelson View Post
    I have been looking at the trucks myself and trying to decide between the Gen 2 33 and the truck. I'm pretty settled on the truck at this point. I bought the digital copy of the manual today from their online store for 10 bucks. Downloaded from order receipt and for some reason none of the pictures in the manual are visible, only the text. I'll call them Monday and see whats up.
    Yeah, interesting, the manual is new because it wasn't there just a couple of days back when I made my post. I also went and bought it just now and indeed none of the pictures show up. Hopefully they'll fix this soon!
    FFR Mk3.1 #6720. Carb'd 302. Fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea... I'll call first thing tomorrow and put a reply up when I find out what the deal is.

Post Thanks / Like
    They say they are aware of the problem and are going to fix and send out new download link to all that purchased over the weekend.