Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Lower coolant hose bracket

Post Thanks / Like

Lower coolant hose bracket

Has anyone put a bracket on the lower radiator hose to help support it at the cross bars?

I am trying to find something that might work. Or is the consensus that it doesn’t need one.

Thanks
    Mk4 ordered 1/3/18, IRS, Coyote, T56 Magnum

Post Thanks / Like
    I felt it was needed for my configuration and this is what I did:

31117BD4-B607-47BD-9C15-165E61435EBB.jpg

Chris
    Generation 3 Type 65 Daytona Coupe Complete Kit #151885 received May 6, 2022. Gen 3 Coyote, IRS, Tremec TKX, American Powertrain hydraulic throwout bearing & Wilwood brakes.

MK4 Basic Kit #7404, 347 EFI - Pro M Racing ECM, 30# injectors, 70 mm throttle body, 80 mm MAF, Edelbrock Performer aluminum heads & RPM II intake, all new G-Force T5, 3:55 gears, Pro 5.0 shifter, 3-link, carbon fiber dash/custom Speedhut gauges and paint by Da Bat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Depends on your hose / pipe. I used the ones from Breeze and I put a stick on rubber isolator on the round tube under it to prevent rubbing and it’s been fine. With solid pipes you may not want to fix them as that would restrict a lot of movement and could cause issues. The FFR stainless hose flexes and probably could be clamped. The answer depends on your routing and what your using.
    Mk4, Moser M88 rear end, Eaton truetrak, Craft Racing 461 Windsor, MMR pro trans, Glenn’s 1,000 hp cobra fuel system and lots of other parts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Breeze has a bracket on their site. https://www.breezeautomotive.com/sho...k3-1-roadster/ I rounded the bracket tabs to conform to the round X-cross bar.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by boat737; 12-02-2018 at 12:18 PM.
    If Brute Force doesn't work, you're not using enough of it.
    Basic Stuff: MK4 Complete Kit #8439, Wilwood's, 17" Halibrands. Extra Stuff: Stainless brake and fuel lines, Breeze cooling, Battery mount, SS Roll Bar. Old Fart Stuff: Heater, Seat Heaters, Footbox Fresh Air, Stereo, Keyless ignition, Power Steering, Hyd Clutch.
    Young & Dumb Stuff: 427w Dart, TKO600, 3 link Moser M9/Ford 9", 3.5:1, Eaton TruTrac Posi. Graduation Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    All of them I build get a 20 cent conduit clamp from the hardware store.

Jeff

hoseclamp.jpg

6. Likes TexasAviator liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    There you go Jeff!!! A 20 cent upgrade! Wait till da Bat hears this!
    FFR 5136 Started as a donor...donor guages, engine, trans,etc. Now...TFS street intake,stage 1 cam, GT40p's,24# injectors and 80mm MAF,70mm TB,Z-spec t-5, and PSE Halibrand wrapped with Nitto 555 G2’s. My ever evolving dream car!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Have the Breeze stainless steel COYOTE lower hard pipe with the $0.20 solution. Recommend the Breeze pipe over the FFR pipe.
    Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 12-02-2018 at 03:35 PM.
    Kevin
    MKIV #8234
    Coyote '14/TKO-600/3-Link 3:55 Rear
    I love the smell of 100 octane in the morning.
    NITTO NT01 275X40X17ZR - 315X35ZRX17
    Delivered 2/7/14 - Plate "COYOTE NC1965" 3/25/15

Post Thanks / Like
    I used Breeze for the upper. They didn’t have a hose for the bottom with a Coyote. They did recommend Boig Motorsports for the lower. It is a contoured stainless tube with hose on either end.
    Mk4 ordered 1/3/18, IRS, Coyote, T56 Magnum

Post Thanks / Like
    I used a chrome coil cover bracket I got from my local auto parts store. Its made for the ignition coil but I repurposed it after I retrofited a hotter coil from a fox body mustang EFI car.

Here is what it looks like.

https://www.4wd.com/p/mr-gasket-comp...AaAreJEALw_wcB

Post Thanks / Like

Chris[/QUOTE]

I’m probably gonna feel dumb when you tell me, but what are the two red round things Chris?

Kurt
    If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough....

Build thread

MKIV complete kit # 9395 delivered 7/31/18

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAviator View Post
    I used a chrome coil cover bracket I got from my local auto parts store. Its made for the ignition coil but I repurposed it after I retrofited a hotter coil from a fox body mustang EFI car.

Here is what it looks like.

https://www.4wd.com/p/mr-gasket-comp...AaAreJEALw_wcB
    “Re-purposing” is such a fun & satisfying part about building a car from the ground up. I often just walk down the aisles of Home Depot or Lowe’s looking at various non related things to see how I can re-use them. I’ve come up with the darnest fixs...

Chris
    Generation 3 Type 65 Daytona Coupe Complete Kit #151885 received May 6, 2022. Gen 3 Coyote, IRS, Tremec TKX, American Powertrain hydraulic throwout bearing & Wilwood brakes.

MK4 Basic Kit #7404, 347 EFI - Pro M Racing ECM, 30# injectors, 70 mm throttle body, 80 mm MAF, Edelbrock Performer aluminum heads & RPM II intake, all new G-Force T5, 3:55 gears, Pro 5.0 shifter, 3-link, carbon fiber dash/custom Speedhut gauges and paint by Da Bat.

13. Likes TexasAviator liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SSNK4US View Post

Chris[/

I’m probably gonna feel dumb when you tell me, but what are the two red round things Chris?

Kurt
    Just a guess, a pair of horns!
    Last edited by Bobby Doug; 12-02-2018 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Fix text
    Doug
    FFR 7995
    347 SBF Prestige Mototsports, Moser 8.8 (3.31) 3 Link, TKO 600, Nitto 555s, 17" Halibrands, PS, AC, Heat, Color Redfire Pearl, with Wimbledon White Stripes

Post Thanks / Like
    One of my thoughts... but still ?

Build thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SSNK4US View Post

Kurt[/QUOTE]

Hella horns...I had a basic kit, so I had to come up with horns and that’s were I decided to mount them...

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Doug View Post
    Just a guess, a pair of horns!
    Winner, winner - chicken dinner...

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    i do the same thing Chris. Car is getting darn near done and I am driving it but I still look for things to add to the car all the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAviator View Post
    i do the same thing Chris. Car is getting darn near done and I am driving it but I still look for things to add to the car all the time.
    It’s a sickness...lol...

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Chris

(And Bobby lol)

Build thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Lots of Breeze parts on my car - including their lower pipe with a bracket and rubber isolator.....

Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumball View Post
    Lots of Breeze parts on my car - including their lower pipe with a bracket and rubber isolator.....

Now that’s a nice piece! The rubber idolater would be worth it...

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by steno View Post
    There you go Jeff!!! A 20 cent upgrade! Wait till da Bat hears this!
    Miller will have a ten cent retrofit clamp that he has a modest opinion/preference for...lol...

We haven’t had dueling banjos from our Forum superheroes for a while now...

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cgundermann View Post
    We haven’t had dueling banjos from our Forum superheroes for a while now...

Chris
    That's just because you aren't privy to our text messages

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
    That's just because you aren't privy to our text messages

Jeff
    True Dat...Lol...