Good afternoon everyone. Got the hole cut in my hood and on the car and was test fitting the hood scoop but the engine/EFI/air cleaner sits about 3/4” too high. (And I had to turn the air cleaner sideways to close the hood.)

I know there are larger hood scoops out there and that may be the solution, but I like the low profile of the FFR scoop. The current air cleaner is 3” high off the EFI flange, 8 3/8” wide and 11 3/8” long. As you can see I don’t have much room side to side (especially since the EFI/engine isn’t centered in the hole, is that common?), maybe another inch total and probably have another 2” lengthwise.

Anyone have suggestions on lower profile air cleaners? (Been looking through Summits site but nothing yet.) If I do go with a smaller/lower profile air cleaner do you think i’ll have issues with getting enough air into the engine?

I saw some forum members had some nice cold air intakes. Maybe that would be a good solution?

If you think the hood scoop is the way to go, any suggestions? I know Shell Valley Cobra has a taller horoscope and they are within driving distance from me.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Mark

IMG_1026.JPG
IMG_1027.JPG