BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Tire Stickers

Post Thanks / Like

Tire Stickers

Thought I'd share my experience with Tire Stickers.com. Apparently, this is the only outfit that has licensing from the tire manufacturers. Wareaglescott had a good experience so thought I'd give them a try.

Just got my first tire done and I think these look fantastic. Very easy to do and the glue that they send out gives you plenty of working time. Just be aware that once you put it against the tire, there is very little movement after that, so be sure you know exactly where you want it. Oh, and the glue fumes get to your eyes about 3 or 4 letters in, so one could wear goggles if sensitive.

If you like the billboard effect, but want 17" or 18" wheels, this would seem to be the way to go. These are 1.5" stickers on a 17" wheel and fit right in the "green zone" of the sidewall. The rear tires are larger will give a little more room in that area than what you see here.

MKIV Roadster - #9380 - Complete Kit - Delivered 7/17/18 - SOLD 5/2023
    Build Thread #1: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...V-Build-Thread
    MKIV Roadster - #TBD - Complete Kit - Delivered 11/6/23 - In Progress
    Build Thread #2: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...Build-Thread-2

2. Likes TexasAviator, nucjd19, RBachman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That came out great Chad..... Nice work... your 1/4 of the way done....

Mk4 20th Anniversary #8690 (#8 of 20) Purchased 8/18/18----Build Started 8/19/18
    Build Thread Click Here / Registry Entry Click Here / BluePrint Engines 347ci / TKO600
    Carb/Heater/Heated Seats/Cruise Control/Drop Trunk & Battery/Custom Cubby

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BadAsp427 View Post
    That came out great Chad..... Nice work... your 1/4 of the way done....
    LOL...I know right

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice! I have a set in my garage. Lots of opinions if I should go the billboard route....
    Mark
    Mk1, Frame #1929 Complete restoration/upgrade. BP 347 with Edelbrock PF4 439/420. 4 link with coilovers. 8.8 3.55, 15” Halibrand, New beefed up T5 w/short throw shifter, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, Custom original style steering wheel, shaft and boss, Heat/AC, Heated seats, PPW wipers w/washers, Forte’s throttle linkage, RT trunk hoop mod, Pusher cooling fans, full LED lighting, custom headrests, 5 point seat belts with sub pass through, Speedhut GPS gauges, battery drop box in trunk, LED courtesy lights, Breeze trunk cubby kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks good. I've put two sets of tire stickers on two different cars. It's a cool product. I'm planning to do the billboard style on my 15" tires/rims as well.
    Started dreaming of a Cobra around 1987
    Purchased Complete Kit 6/9/2017, Delivered 9/4/2017, Rolling Chassis 3/30/2018, Engine Dyno'ed 3/4/2022, Engine installed 8/27/2022
    Click here for my build thread
    Serial #9158
    Design Engineer at BluePrint Engines

Post Thanks / Like
    I have thought about doing the redline option, similar to the 60's uniroyal tiger paw tires.

Do you have to remove the manufacturer's raised lettering on the tire before adding the lettering ?

Derald.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Derald Rice View Post
    Do you have to remove the manufacturer's raised lettering on the tire before adding the lettering ?
    Nope, letters go right with no issues. I have NITTO tires and centered the stickers right over the logo and you can't tell the difference. Looks almost like they came from the manufacturer like this.

9. Thanks Derald Rice thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    looks great where do you get them

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BAUTO View Post
    looks great where do you get them
    Tirestickers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Those look really good. Cant even tell theyre stickers
    build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...-USRRC-vspeeds

Build School: July 14-16, 2017
    Kit purchased: July 25, 2017
    Kit delivered: September 13, 2017
    First Start: December 22, 2018
    Body painted and kit completed and drivable: July 2019 (but still not done)
    CA SB100 Registration: January 2020

Mk4 - 289 USRRC Roadster kit, Roush 427SR with Schneider Racing custom camshaft, Fitech EFI, TKO600 (.64-5th gear), 15" wheels, stock brake calipers, under car exhaust with Spintech 7000 muffler, no roll bar, Russ Thompson turn signal, removable steering wheel, and many other small upgrades and modifications

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great.
    Update on mine. I am about 6000 miles in and not a single one has started to come loose or anything. They are getting progressively more dirty and seem to clean up a little less each time. Concerned to scrub on them to hard as I am afraid that may cause them to peel off. I need to clean them again I noticed the other day. Still very pleased with them.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

14. Likes nucjd19 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wareaglescott View Post
    Looks great.
    Update on mine. I am about 6000 miles in and not a single one has started to come loose or anything. They are getting progressively more dirty and seem to clean up a little less each time. Concerned to scrub on them to hard as I am afraid that may cause them to peel off. I need to clean them again I noticed the other day. Still very pleased with them.
    Scott - what do you use to clean? Acetone?

Post Thanks / Like
    I noticed they offer a Temporary or a Permanent. Which one did you use?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peeker View Post
    I noticed they offer a Temporary or a Permanent. Which one did you use?
    Go with the Permanent. If you ever wanted to remove, you'd just heat them up a bit

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cv2065 View Post
    Go with the Permanent. If you ever wanted to remove, you'd just heat them up a bit
    I've done permanent on all mine as well. We've put a set on my son's low rider square body truck now too. Great product.
    Started dreaming of a Cobra around 1987
    Purchased Complete Kit 6/9/2017, Delivered 9/4/2017, Rolling Chassis 3/30/2018, Engine Dyno'ed 3/4/2022, Engine installed 8/27/2022
    Click here for my build thread
    Serial #9158
    Design Engineer at BluePrint Engines

Post Thanks / Like
    Cobrapic.jpgI've used them as well. Look great and hold up very well. I spray mine every once in a while with a wheel cleaner and it seems to clean them up well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cv2065 View Post
    Thought I'd share my experience with Tire Stickers.com. Apparently, this is the only outfit that has licensing from the tire manufacturers. Wareaglescott had a good experience so thought I'd give them a try.

Just got my first tire done and I think these look fantastic. Very easy to do and the glue that they send out gives you plenty of working time. Just be aware that once you put it against the tire, there is very little movement after that, so be sure you know exactly where you want it. Oh, and the glue fumes get to your eyes about 3 or 4 letters in, so one could wear goggles if sensitive.

If you like the billboard effect, but want 17" or 18" wheels, this would seem to be the way to go. These are 1.5" stickers on a 17" wheel and fit right in the "green zone" of the sidewall. The rear tires are larger will give a little more room in that area than what you see here.

Thanks for posting this. We've wanted to keep our 17" wheel but also wanted the billboard look. This is a perfect solution. Thank you!
    Mark IV Complete kit delivered 7/7/20
    Blueprint 427 ordered 11/23/20

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the wheels too are they paint or powder coat? I was thinking about getting another set from FFR and have them powder coated just to change things up a bit. Unless you can get them elsewhere already black.

Post Thanks / Like
    no intent to hijack Chad's post but I do have 2 sets of tire stickers if anyone is interested. Got (9) "Good Year" and (9) Eagle F1 - F1 is red and can be cut off. I got them on Ebay and they came from turkey. I did buy a 3rd set from tirestickers.com. The ones I got on EBay are one solid permanent rubber sticker (with adhesive) and the ones from tirestickers.com are individual. Quality is pretty good and interesting enough the instructions that came with all of them are THE SAME. Shenanigans!

Last edited by nuhale; 01-13-2021 at 05:59 PM.
    MKIV #7275 Acquired June 2019 (2010 partial build), Gen 2 Coyote by Forte w/TK600- PRO 5.0 - McLeod RST twin Clutch-QT Bell, old style IRS, 8.8 3.55 Rear, Gas'n Headers/Pipes, Power Steering, Hydroboost by Forte, Breeze Roll Bar, Heated Seats, 17" halibrand w/ Nitto G2, Maradyne Fan Controller, Paul Proe Vent Kit, Russ Thompson Signal w/ FTP- Received June 2019/First Start April 2020/Go Cart May 2020/Legal September 2020/PAINT BY SPOTLIGHT CUSTOMS JAN 2021

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nuhale View Post
    no intent to hijack Chad's post but I do have 2 sets of tire stickers if anyone is interested. Got (9) "Good Year" and (9) Eagle F1 - F1 is red and can be cut off. I got them on Ebay and they came from turkey. I did buy a 3rd set from tirestickers.com. The ones I got on EBay are one solid permanent rubber sticker (with adhesive) and the ones from tirestickers.com are individual. Quality is pretty good and interesting enough the instructions that came with all of them are THE SAME. Shenanigans!
    Bryan,
    Are they sized for 15" tires? What would you want for a set?

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive had mine for 2 years... no problems. I ordered not only the stickers but the tires from them too. AND, they sanded the factory-raised letters off (smooth) before they put on the stickers for me. looks 100% factory installed.
    IMG_2325.JPG
    IMG_2219.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nuhale View Post

Wait, one piece?! THAT'S a lot easier to install. How do they look installed?

Post Thanks / Like
    I just checked out their site. I like it. Much easier than individual letters, which is what I did on my GTO years ago.

Q. What was the correct lettering back in the day?