Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  8

Thread: Made My Own Wilwood Gas Pedal

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Made My Own Wilwood Gas Pedal

I posted this on the other forum with the rest of the details on installing my coyote gas pedal. When I was trying to decide on what to do for the pad I searched on here and didn't find a solution I liked. So I am posting it for just the pad because I figure some might want to do this little mod as well.

After I was happy with the location of my coyote gas pedal I wanted to do something for the pad to match the others. I don't know why Wilwood does not just sell a gas pedal pad... Anyway, so I had the idea of buying two of the clutch/brake pads and making my own. I got them for under $9 each on amazon (part # 330-11280). I cut off the last row of holes on each one. Sanded them down to get as close of an even seam as I could. Cleaned up the heat discoloration and added a grove at the joint to make it look like the rest of the pad. I also got some stainless star bit screws from Ace Hardware to match the other set (although they are a security star bit). Once I had the new pads all laid out on the pedal I had to trim the top right and bottom left corner of the pedal. The left was just for a cleaner look but the top right was to make sure the pedal didn't hit the right side of the footbox side wall. I have very happy with how it all turned out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Hacksaw84; 12-02-2018 at 09:03 PM.

2. Thanks JoeAIII thanked for this post
    Likes FF33rod, WIS89 liked this post