Thread: December 2018 POM WINNER!

Post Thanks / Like

December 2018 POM WINNER!

December 2018 POM Winner!
    Model
    Roadster
    FFR Number
    Description of Setting
    Taken in two locations, on top of a parking garage in the Scottsdale Quarter, the other on a short strip of road that was never finished near the McDowell Mountains. All photos were taken just after sunrise. No special effects were applied, and camera settings are unknown.
    Picture Uploads

ADMIN EDIT: What to choose, what to choose!!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by David Hodgkins; 12-03-2018 at 04:26 PM.

2. Likes FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations Kevin (Jazzman)! You won the December 2018 POM!!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well done! Love the color.
    Dart Little M 406" SBC 800 HP N/A & 1,100 HP on nitrous, 2-spd Powerglide with trans brake, 6,000 RPM stall converter, narrowed Moser 88 3.90:1 spool with 35-spline gun-drilled axles & Torino bearings, custom parallel four-link, custom tube chassis & roll cage NHRA certified for 8.5-sec (only two FFR Hot Rods have this cert).

33 Hot Rod Super Pro Drag Racer Build: 33 HR NHRA Cert Roll Cage Build

Post Thanks / Like
    That's just awesome! I love this Roadster!

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations!!! Excellent build and execution of the tilt nose. A shout out to King is also in order for the engineering of the hood hinges.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well this was no surprise...... the car if just plain AWESOME! and the photos of it are steller...

Mk4 20th Anniversary #8690 (#8 of 20) Purchased 8/18/18----Build Started 8/19/18
    Build Thread Click Here / Registry Entry Click Here / BluePrint Engines 347ci / TKO600
    Carb/Heater/Heated Seats/Cruise Control/Drop Trunk & Battery/Custom Cubby

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice!! I hope to see it soon in public!! Do you ever go to Scottsdale Pavillions on Saturday?

Post Thanks / Like
    This is by far the cleanest and most masterful build on this site. Each of us try to add our own touches to the cars but there are just some that are Jedi's. Jazzman, thank you for the amplifier and communication we have had on here. You are a force of nature in the car building community.

Brandon

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely beautiful and top notch. The paint job looks like liquid...

Post Thanks / Like
    POY IMO!

Such a Beautiful Car!

(my daughters would be proud of me using the acronyms)
    Dave
    Mk 3.1 - #6882 - 5.0L 302 - FiTech EFI - 3-Link - 3.08 Ratio - 15" Wheels
    Greenhorn and doing the best I can
    My photos are at: My Flickr acct
    Videos are at: YouTube Videos

12. Likes TexasAviator liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm very curious how you hinged the hood with latches on the sides so that it stays firm and doesn't rattle. Best DR

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful car love the color

Rick
    #8475 Complete Kit Delivered Nov 2014, started Nov 2015, Street Legal Apr 2016, Paint and Interior Completed Aug 2017, 390 BBF, March accessory kit, MSD Atomic EFI and Ready to run, TKO 500 with MidShift kit, hooker headers, 3 link, track lock with 3.55, sway bars, power steering, wipers, heater

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kevin,

I enjoyed meeting you at Huntington Beach and seeing up close what a unique and awesome build this is. Great picture, as well!

Congratulations!!!

Garry
    I sure miss my coupe!

F5R1004503SP 2004 Challenge Car, 331 Stroker

Coupe # 031, 422" Windsor stroker by Southern Automotive (Dash autographed by Peter Brock)***SOLD***
    Unique 427 Roadster, 482" Aluminum FE by Southern Automotive***SOLD***

Post Thanks / Like
    I love that color, beautiful car!

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome project and amazing attention to detail. FFR should consider incorporating the flip top into a Mk V Roadster - it resolves so many of the challenges for major maintenance and upgrade projects.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RAMRobAZ View Post
    Very nice!! I hope to see it soon in public!! Do you ever go to Scottsdale Pavillions on Saturday?
    Rarely, but occasionally. The last time I went there, I found three empty parking spaces that were "being saved" for someone else. I got tired of the attitude. When I could find no where to park, I gave up and went home. I am already registered for the Concours in the Hills in Fountain Hills on February 9th. https://www.concoursinthehills.org/ Please come see me at this show. I would love to visit with you!

Kevin
    Jazzman

MKIV #8745 "Flip Top" Roadster, Custom Tilt front, Coyote Engine, Tremec TKO600, Custom Interior. Best of Show winner, Huntington Beach Cruise In 2018.

1967 Ford Mustang Coupe build thread updated 1/22/2021

Roadster Frame Dolly Plan

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAviator View Post
    This is by far the cleanest and most masterful build on this site. Each of us try to add our own touches to the cars but there are just some that are Jedi's. Jazzman, thank you for the amplifier and communication we have had on here. You are a force of nature in the car building community.

Brandon
    Thank you so much for the compliments, Brandon. I am very proud of "FlipTop", but I had so much help from this forum. It is absolutely true that I could not have done this car without the support of many members of this forum. In the end, I think I was too stupid to know I shouldn't do something like this on my first car, so I just figured out a way to do it!

Kevin
    Jazzman

MKIV #8745 "Flip Top" Roadster, Custom Tilt front, Coyote Engine, Tremec TKO600, Custom Interior. Best of Show winner, Huntington Beach Cruise In 2018.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DadofThree View Post
    POY IMO!

Such a Beautiful Car!

(my daughters would be proud of me using the acronyms)
    Hi Dave -

I just learned something: Never, ever, look up an acronym on Google! I would be a great embarrassment to your daughters as I did not know "POY IMO". I speculated that "IMO" might be "In My Opinion", and was rewarded with a correct answer. But "POY" has me quite concerned. I am wondering if you are calling me (or my car):

- Pre Oriented Yarn?
    - Playmate Of the Year? (Now we know this one isn't it!! Have you seen me??!!)
    - Pet of the Year?

I think I will just say "Thank You" and choose to believe that you mean "Person or Product of the Year". I am not sure I deserve either of those honors, but I sure appreciate your compliment! You are a dad of three girls? YOU are the person of the year, IMO!!
    Jazzman

22. Likes WIS89 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Raabe View Post
    I'm very curious how you hinged the hood with latches on the sides so that it stays firm and doesn't rattle. Best DR
    Check out my Build thread (Below), and if you are still interested, contact 2BKing and me. We have all the plans and instructions to do the whole thing. PM me if you would like to discuss this project in greater detail. I assure you, it stays put, and does not rattle!
    Last edited by Jazzman; 12-08-2018 at 10:03 PM.
    Jazzman

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Bopp View Post
    Kevin,

I enjoyed meeting you at Huntington Beach and seeing up close what a unique and awesome build this is. Great picture, as well!

Congratulations!!!

Garry
    It was truly an honor and a pleasure meeting you as well, Garry! I hope to catch up with you again in Huntington Beach in 2019. I already have it locked into my calendar! Thank you so much for your generous compliments.

Kevin
    Jazzman

Post Thanks / Like
    As a newbie (just starting my build in November) I have changed direction a few times but after seeing what you have done I believe this will be my last change. The color, the detail, the flip top, it is all done so well for a first build. It has given me another strong push to create a special car as you have done. I probably will be asking you a few questions along the way. Great job, very impressive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JL1744 View Post
    As a newbie (just starting my build in November) I have changed direction a few times but after seeing what you have done I believe this will be my last change. The color, the detail, the flip top, it is all done so well for a first build. It has given me another strong push to create a special car as you have done. I probably will be asking you a few questions along the way. Great job, very impressive.
    Ask away, my friend. That's how I did it, and I am more that happy to pay it forward!! Best of luck with your build.
    Jazzman

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow that color turned out great, and those wheels look great!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for being there!! I enjoyed out talk and can;t wait to get a Cobra. Still deciding on which route to take, but it was a pleasure meeting you. Rob

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont know what to say but "WOW"... and as a lifelong fan of 1960's XKE's... the front is beyond words!!! thank you and congratulations....