Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Front LCA install alignment problems

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Front LCA install alignment problems

Hi, I've scoured the forums and everything seems to be quite a bit older about this topic. I'm wondering if anyone else is having this issue as well - I have chassis #546, picked up 6 October 2018.

I bought some Beck-Arnley aftermarket aluminum LCA's to go on my 818C. I managed to misplace the original stock bolts, so I went and got 1/2" grade 8 hardware instead (but will still try to hunt down the slightly larger and correct M14 bolts). I've clearcoated them, swapped the rear bushing brackets, put the flat side up, and flipped over the black brackets for added camber/caster (?). I then torqued everything to factory spec, though in going back and reading I may loosen and cut holes through the firewall (gulp!) to tighten later.

Anyway, after enlarging the front holes to actually fit the front bushing bolt, the rear bolts don't align at all! Any suggestions (especially ones that don't involve hacking up the chassis or bracket)? See pics.

When I do get everything to fit, it's clearly binding when I try to move it and it squeals horribly (the rubber bushings at the rear) - a clear sign something is not right. HELP!!

IMG_20181130_162858.jpg IMG_20181130_163919.jpg
    Last edited by octobersknight; 12-05-2018 at 01:18 PM.