Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Turn Signals Reversed

Post Thanks / Like

Turn Signals Reversed

I am in go-cart stage and wanted to test all my weather pack connections on the headlights, running lights, brake lights, and turn signals.

When I wired all the front and rear lights and put the switch on for the left turn signal, the front left blinker lights appropriately but the right rear blinks. Same opposite lighting for the right side (right blinking in the front, left blinking in the rear). Being a newbie on wiring, I checked all the wires assuming I must have done something wrong.

I am both happy and concerned that my wiring looks good but I am pretty sure the problem is because the RF wiring harness is wired incorrectly. You can see this in the picture I am attaching where the green wires are connected to blue.

I would gladly switch the wires in the harness but I believe you need a specific pin extraction tool for that harness plug (different than the one I bought for the weather packs). Anyone else have this issue and know what I would need to do to swap the wires in the harness? I have emailed FFR as well.
    Thanks
    Glenn

24DEF21D-7A9C-40D7-A104-A1FAB1FB3D31.jpeg

Post Thanks / Like
    Jorge on the other forum recommended getting the Weather Pack removal tool (https://www.delcity.net/store/Metri-...iABEgKpI_D_BwE) and swapping the offending wires in the connector.

I agree, but buy two tools; the tubes are sometimes delicate and you can put a kink in it by pushing too hard.

John
    MK IV Roadster #8631
    Ford 302, Holley Terminator EFI, T5z, 3.55 Rear End, IRS, 17” Halibrand Replicas (9” front, 10.5” rear), Nitto 555 G2’s (275/40ZR17 front, 315/35ZR17 rear), Fast Freddie’s Power Steering, F5 Wilwood Brakes, FFMetal’s Firewall Forward, Forte’s Hydraulic Clutch & Throttle Linkage
    https://www.ffcars.com/threads/phile.../#post-4776313

Post Thanks / Like
    Give RF a call, they will most likely send you the tools and anything else you need to fix this.

Mk4 20th Anniversary #8690 (#8 of 20) Purchased 8/18/18----Build Started 8/19/18
    Build Thread Click Here / Registry Entry Click Here / BluePrint Engines 347ci / TKO600
    Carb/Heater/Heated Seats/Cruise Control/Drop Trunk & Battery/Custom Cubby