FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Mark's New Build - Introduction

Post Thanks / Like

Mark's New Build - Introduction

I am new here and to forums in general - please bear with me.

Yesterday I ordered my FFR Mk4 Roadster Complete Kit. Boy am I excited!

I will fill you in on all the details a little later. but it will be powered by a 302 and T-5 transmission.
    Last edited by mbisett; 02-17-2021 at 02:54 PM.

2. Likes CaptB, toadster, GTBradley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations!

It was good talking to you this AM. If you have any more questions concerning the use of the forum don't hesitate to reach out.

I have the same setup in mine, a crate 302 from Ford and a T5. Can you tell us any more about your configuration? IRS or 3-link, what brakes, etc.?

Welcome to the forum!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn’t know as much as I would have liked before I ordered but I am hopeful that others can give me guidance if They see something quite off or really non compatible.

My goal is to build a Roadster that is fun to drive, burn some tires and cruise the back roads.

I ordered the complete Mk4 Roadster kit and the below components (I don’t have or really want a donor car)

Power steering
    Front lower arms
    GPS gauge set
    Halibrand 17” wheels
    Stainless bumper kit
    Stainless exhaust
    Wind wings
    Sun visors
    Windshield wiper kit
    Carbon fiber dash with glovebox
    Chrome roll bars (2)
    Assembled louver set
    Roadster 13” IRS brake kit
    2018 IRS 3.55 Center Section and Spindles

If anything is obviously a wrong choice, I would appreciate the feedback.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing wrong, looks good man. Welcome and have fun wrenching!

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on the purchase, Mark, and welcome! Don't worry about being new to the community or to forums in general. You won't find a more generous or informed bunch anywhere. If you have questions just chime in and someone (usually several) will be happy to chime in. If you ask for opinions, you'll get the same thing only more so

Because there's so much wisdom and experience already reflected in your site, Google search is your friend. Put in what you're searching for, followed by 'site:thefactoryfiveforum.com' and you get your search string focused just on the forum. That's the single handiest thing you need to know to start benefitting from the combined wisdom of years of builders and cars.

Finally ... hope you're staying warm down there. Tough stuff on a lot of people.
    MK4 #7838: IRS 3.55 TrueTrac T5z Dart 347
    The drawing is from ~7th grade, mid-1970s
    Meandering, leisurely build thread is here

Post Thanks / Like
    John - thanks for the welcome and the "google" tip! It will surely come in handy!

I have been doing some research on the T-5 transmission and found that the T-5Z would be a little stronger in first gear paired with a 3.55 rear end. I notice in your signature with reference to the T-5Z - did you possibly get that through FFR Blueprint Engines?

Staying warm in Texas right now is a challenge! We are fortunate and only have rolling blackouts right now - ready for temps above freezing!
    1969 C10 w/383 Stroker Loud & Obnoxious

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the family! Stay safe, and take care

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations, sounds like you have a nice build plan put together. Looking forward to following along your journey, get ready for a great experience!
    Build #9818 completed 04/2021 - Dart SBF 427, PF4 EFI, TKO600 Build thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...utton-head-mod
    Build review video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6IAbo2sFt4&t=1111s My finished car: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/atta...7&d=1638415131

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mbisett View Post
    I notice in your signature with reference to the T-5Z - did you possibly get that through FFR Blueprint Engines?
    Multiple sources, but you’ll want to make sure you’re set up with the right clutch choice and other items to bring it all together. In my case I reached out to Gordon Levy, one of the vendors here on the forum. He can set you up. The T5z should be a fine choice based on your intended use, but you should be aware of the other options. Many go with the TKO 500, and TREMEC also has a brand new offering. Regardless of your choice you should put priority on how you plan to use the car, and in particular the right overdrive gear to best suit the combination of your typical envisioned cruising speed, your rear gears, and your engine. You’ll find lots to read on the forum on that topic, but chime in if you have specific questions.
    MK4 #7838: IRS 3.55 TrueTrac T5z Dart 347
    The drawing is from ~7th grade, mid-1970s
    Meandering, leisurely build thread is here

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Mark! A warm welcome to the F5 forum. My build is quite a bit different than what you're putting together, so I can't comment/advise. I'll leave that to more knowledgeable forum friends. You're in good company being new at this. I have been helped so much through researching this forum, and asking questions, and my build is barely underway.

P.S. is that a C-10? Very cool! I had a yellow 1972 C-20 custom camper (full bed) for many years. I miss it!
    Chris
    Coupe complete kit: arriving ~ 4/22/24! Build Thread. Coyote. T-56. IRS w/3.55. Wilwoods. PS. HVAC. Side windows.
    MK4 Complete kit. Build Thread Index. Delivered: 10/15/2020. Legal: 7/25/23. Coyote Gen3. TKO600 (0.64 OD). IRS w/3.55. PS. Wilwoods. Sway bars. This build is dedicated to my son, Benjamin. Build Thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, it is a 69 C 10. I built it from the ground up. It has a 383 stroker, raptor tranny and a 4.56 rear end. I had originally went with nitrous but ended up eliminating it. Fun and load but scary fast.

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Welcome Aboard & Welcome To The Family!

Also, Love That Truck Especially Since It Is Powered By A 383 Mighty Mouse!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mbisett View Post
    Yes, it is a 69 C 10. I built it from the ground up. It has a 383 stroker, raptor tranny and a 4.56 rear end. I had originally went with nitrous but ended up eliminating it. Fun and load but scary fast.
    That's awesome! You're bringing some mad mech. skills to your Roadster build! I look forward to following along, as I'm always looking for good ideas.
    Chris
    Coupe complete kit: arriving ~ 4/22/24! Build Thread. Coyote. T-56. IRS w/3.55. Wilwoods. PS. HVAC. Side windows.
    MK4 Complete kit. Build Thread Index. Delivered: 10/15/2020. Legal: 7/25/23. Coyote Gen3. TKO600 (0.64 OD). IRS w/3.55. PS. Wilwoods. Sway bars. This build is dedicated to my son, Benjamin. Build Thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the fun. These cars are an absolute blast to drive. I can't drive mine enough. We are all here for two things, help you build and help you spend $$

Mk4 20th Anniversary #8690 (#8 of 20) Purchased 8/18/18----Build Started 8/19/18
    Build Thread Click Here / Registry Entry Click Here / BluePrint Engines 347ci / TKO600
    Carb/Heater/Heated Seats/Cruise Control/Drop Trunk & Battery/Custom Cubby

Post Thanks / Like
    I am looking for same input on the advantages and disadvantages (besides $) on going with a manual clutch or hydraulic clutch. I will either go with the standard T-5 or the new TKX transmission.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Steve! I believe I saw that you went with a 383 Mighty Mouse in your build - you must love speed and like to buy tires. Saw one of your later videos and your car looks great!

Looking forward to the build, should be mid-June on delivery.
    Last edited by mbisett; 02-23-2021 at 11:40 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome aboard!
    MKIV Complete Kit #9822 l BluePrint 347 EFI l TKO600 l Power Steering l Heater/Defrost l Build Thread