Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Hello from Orlando Fl area

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from Orlando Fl area

Hello all. I am currently in the courting phase with the Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe, what an incredible machine. I grew up racing karts and MX, and recently finished designing and building my own chopped sedan style hot rod from scratch. If I decide to pull the trigger on the Type 65, it will require me to sell the car I built, but I am leaning towards it (this is an emotional struggle, I built the car with my dad and he recently passed).

I will be lurking here for the foreseeable future, learning all I can before I take the plunge. I am a mechanical engineer, and have a modest home shop (30x30 ft, mill, lathe, TIG, press, cherry picker, various sheet metal working tools) at my disposal. Look forward to getting to know you all, and eventually building and driving what I consider to be the best looking car on the road.

I intend to use an Aluminator 5.2, a tremec 6 speed, and the IRS option. It will be a street car that sees a few track days per year.
    Last edited by Rob Gore; 12-04-2018 at 03:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Welcome to the madness Rob! I have a Gen III that is at paint right now. If you’re ever in the Port Charlotte area, let me know.

Henry

3. Likes Rob Gore liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! I have startet on a Type 65 kit on Merritt Island. Welcome to take a look.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    Welcome! I have startet on a Type 65 kit on Merritt Island. Welcome to take a look.
    I may take you up on that sometime early next year. Thanks for the offer. I’ll keep in touch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum. The 65 is one of the finest cars out there. Roger