Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: AOD TV cable geometry.

Post Thanks / Like

AOD TV cable geometry.

I am running a Monster AOD behind my Engine Factory 347 stroker engine kit package. The kit came with a Quickfuel Slayer carb. (Holley clone), and Lokar AOD kickdown linkage kit. The package also came with a Sonnax TV cable corrector kit (part AS4-04K) for Holley carbs. It is my understanding that the carb throttle cable length pull has to be the same as the TV cable length pull, or the tranny will lunch itself in short order. My problem is the throttle pivot linkage on the Quickfuel carb is very different than the standard 4160 Holley carb. The Sonnax corrector I have is for the regular Holley carb linkage, and they also make a corrector bracket if using an Edelbrock. Monster has a nice you-tube video of how to properly set up these systems, and it very easy to follow their adjustment procedure, using their corrector bracket, but these instructions do not equate to the Slayer carb.

Nowhere can I find any info. on the Quickfuel Slayer hook-up. I talking to Holley (Quickfuel), they referred me to two of their linkage products (#20-93 and 49-6QTF), which, when you look at them have nothing to do my carb, or the TV hookup. There are multiple holes on the bottom of the Slayer throttle lever, but no information on their usage.

Any experts out there that may have any relevant experience with this issue?

Thanks, Ralph

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would contact Monster. They have videos on You Tube on the AOD cable setup. It is more of a proper setup for the initial idle hook up IMO. I used a HF pressure gauge to set mine up like their video. Here is a link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lod8lHFTKq8

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, I did contact Monster, and their video is great explaining the use of corrector bracket to get proper alignment on true Holley 4160 linkage and Edelbrocks, at idle. But they had no specific knowledge on the Quickfuel carb, and were not aware of the linkage being different.

I just sent you a PM with more detail. I know you hooked yours up to a throttle body FI unit, and was curious if they provided any information regarding the TV hookup.

Post Thanks / Like
    My research has revealed that Lokars Ford Hi-Tech Kickdown kit, KD-2AODHT, has two holes down on the TV bracket that attaches to the tranny, and is supposed to eliminate the need for corrector brackets at the carb. One hole is for Holley carb and one for Edelbrock. Unfortunately, the Holley provision hole is for their 4160 standard carb pivot bracket, and not sure it matches up with their Quickfuel Slayer carb pivot bracket.

So, the search continues.

Ralph