Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Inside Cab room vs. 33

Post Thanks / Like

Inside Cab room vs. 33

Just a quick question for us big guys. How is the room inside the cab of the truck vs. the 33? The distance from the steering wheel to the seat?

Thanks,
    Anflyer

Post Thanks / Like
    I don’t have any dimensions for you, but can tell you that the 33 has more leg room than the truck.

I’m 6’6”, 230. I have a MK-IV that I am able to fit in with Kirkeys and some peddle and foot box adjustments.

I spent a lot of time at the FFR booth at SEMA trying to figure out if I could modify a 33 or truck enough to drive comfortably. I was able to sit in the full fender blue truck with the bench seat and the new 33 with the bench and with roadster seat.

I can make the 33 work but the truck is just too tight for me. If/when I get to the point of building another, I will probably make a trip to the factory to see the frames and really see what can be done to squeeze out an extra inch or two.

If you can make it to the factory or to a Barret-Jackson or a show where FFR has a big exhibit it will be worth your time. Get to their booth early before the crowd arrives and ask to sit in the cars, ask questions about adjustments for height. You will find there are ways to create more room if you are willing to make small modifications.
    -Steve
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMG_0724.JPGMVD Ready.jpg

How much more room do you need? I pushed my foot box forward more than 5" and down 3". You just have to start thinking outside the box on these cars. Build them and modify them to meet your needs. You don't have to be a master fabricator to add foot room but if you don't have the skill or tools there are shops all over this nation that modify cars every day. So if you want a truck but think the interior is too small don't let that stop you. Just start thinking how you can rectify that issue. Building cars is just like life -- a series of challenges and opportunities. Adapt and overcome.

Pick the car or truck you like and go for it. There's always somebody out there that can help you through the hard parts.
    Dart Little M 406" SBC 800 HP N/A & 1,100 HP on nitrous, 2-spd Powerglide with trans brake, 6,000 RPM stall converter, narrowed Moser 88 3.90:1 spool with 35-spline gun-drilled axles & Torino bearings, custom parallel four-link, custom tube chassis & roll cage NHRA certified for 8.5-sec (only two FFR Hot Rods have this cert).

33 Hot Rod Super Pro Drag Racer Build: 33 HR NHRA Cert Roll Cage Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, does Factory Five publish a list of shows they will be attending throughout the year?