Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Original Vintage Ford Performance Tri-power manifold, carbs and filter - $2500.00

Post Thanks / Like

Original Vintage Ford Performance Tri-power manifold, carbs and filter - $2500.00

IMG_6574.JPGIMG_6577.JPGIMG_6570.JPGIMG_6567.JPGIMG_6569.JPGHello everyone building a small block roadster. Deb and I have come across a vintage piece of horsepower. What we have is an original Buddy Bar Ford Small block Windsor 6V aluminum intake, compete with Ford Holley List 2881/2882 series model 2300 carburetors, original linkage, original cast aluminum air filter housing and what appears to be original filter. The intake has been on a vehicle as there is oil sediment in the PVC filter hole and there is some gasket material still in the intake. When we received the intake it still had a thermostat contained in the water neck.

The carburetor numbers are as follows:
    Front and rear:
    C4AF-9510-V
    List - 2882
    Center:
    C4AF-9510-U
    List - 2881

Cast on the bottom side of the intake is "Buddy Bar Casting" and at the top/front where the water neck bolts up is "9/64". With the date of the intake being "9/64" and the date of the carbs being "494" (4th week of September, 1964) and knowing where we picked this up, we a VERY confident this is an original Ford Performance Over-the-Counter Part from 1964-65. Breaking it down even further, the carburetor numbers match to the numbers used on the hi-po 289 found in the Mustang/Thunderbird cars. This set-up was available to the Galaxy market but those carburetor numbers were List 2436/2437. Additionally, the air cleaner housing is flat with no recess for the Ford Flag emblem which removes the Thunderbird market. Which brings us to the conclusion for the hi-po 289 directed to the Mustang market.

Small things that those of you who have seen/own/owned/still have one of these set-ups - the air filter is stamped "TOP", there are red markings across the mating bases of the carburetors and the air filter housing wing nuts ARE notched.

The carburetors appear to have had the bowls removed as there is wear on the slotted bolts.

Let us know what you think!

Michael and Deb

Post Thanks / Like
    Sent Private Message: Is this setup still available?
    Thanks,
    ZOOOOMZ

Future Mk4 builder/owner
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Dude, check his profile. He has not been on this site since he posted this, back in March.
    Btw, he's only posted 3 things ever, so he's not a "real" member.
    Good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    Frankly, I'm surprised he was able to post a classified, as only his third post on the forum?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AC Bill View Post
    Frankly, I'm surprised he was able to post a classified, as only his third post on the forum?
    I allow it for folks who own a Factory Five. But as Shady said, he hasn't been around for quite some time and only has 3 posts so buyer be cautious...

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, as a member of several other similar forums, I was, um, cautious in my expectations. After your posts, I've ratcheted down my expectations even further.

Factory 5 is such a cool concept, I'd like to spend more time here, regardless of the response to my inquiry. I do aspire to build a kit, and this is the best forum I've found yet, to inform that project.

Thanks for your advice; that's one of the cool things about this forum. I think I can learn a lot here, and maybe I can even give some back, from my 40 years restoring muscle cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Same setup is available at Carl's Ford parts. Same price brand new.
    “Privateer”
    289 USRRC Chassis #9188 p/u 9/11/2017 Go kart 3/18/2018, road legal 6/16/2018
    Ford full roller 306 built by my son and me Holley Sniper EFI
    TKO600 2015 IRS 3:55. 17” FFR Hallibrand replicas, Power steering
    FFR Vintage instruments, Wipers and Heat/defrost
    Lots of parts and advice from Mike Forte & Mark Reynolds (Breeze Automotive)

Post Thanks / Like
    Will this manifold work on a 351C