Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2004 Hydroboost question

Post Thanks / Like

2004 Hydroboost question

All,
    Installing a remanufactured hydrobooster and MC using a 2004 Mach1 pedal box. Its obvious how they bolt together, but internally there is nothing to apply the booster brake pressure to the MC. Assuming there is supposed to be a rod/plunger in there somewhere to connect the two? I've been searching, and haven't found a diagram or picture of what actually connects the two. Lots of images of them together and apart, but nothing concerning what is in between them. Hope this makes sense. Sorry for the rotated photo. Forum software is rotating all my vertical pix to horizontal.

2018-12-01_17-08-28_921.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, there is a pushrod between the hydroboost unit and the MC. I can't comment about your specific parts, but I did do a setup like this on my #7750 Roadster build. Mine came from Forte and I had to adjust the pushrod length. It's been several years ago, and I can't find the specifics. But there was a spec for the amount of play with both units seated. Too loose will affect how the brakes work. Too tight could make the brakes drag or not bleed properly (my situation). Also some units have springs, cups, etc. as part of the pushrod setup. This picture is an idea, but is before I adjusted the length. Here it's too long. Hopefully that's enough breadcrumbs to get you started.

Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

3. Thanks erstanl thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    edwardb,
    Thanks! that does help, and I shall continue the search for this part.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought an NOS Ford replacement hydrobooster from Max at Five Star Ford years ago, it came fully assembled with an output pushrod. From what I've heard, the remanufactured units commonly come without an output pushrod. Sorry, I hope its not a major PIA to slip it in there!!

Sean
    MK 3.5 roadster (MK IV body retrofit to MK III chassis) 396W stroker, 4 bbl mass air EFI, QH (self-tuned), AFR 195CC Renegade, XE274HR, GP 4-1-4 SS headers, 3link, 3.73, 15" Halibrand replicas, SAI mod, bumpers, 2 X roll bars, IČ electronics, PS, hydroboosted brakes: 95 GT front, custom MK VIII calipers/Cobra discs rear, FFR front, Levy rear LCA's, Forte front, VPM rear bars, CF dash, mod comp layout w/Auto Meter Ultra-Lites, Lucas tri-bar headlights, coupe taillights, painted by SRP (again!)