Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Want to Buy: Tonneau Cover

Post Thanks / Like

Want to Buy: Tonneau Cover

Planning to do some traveling with the build this year

I'm looking for a tonneau cover that I can put over the cabin of my Mk 3.1 in the evenings.

Either a Phil and Kay snapless or a cover with the snaps is fine.

single 2" rollbar with lowback seats. Any condition.

Thanks,
    Dave
    Dave
    Mk 3.1 - #6882 - 5.0L 302 - FiTech EFI - 3-Link - 3.08 Ratio - 15" Wheels
    Greenhorn and doing the best I can
    My photos are at: My Flickr acct
    Videos are at: YouTube Videos

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like factory Five used to have one, I came from the sports car environment, MG, Sunbeam, Triumoph, and they ALL had tonneau covers. Now Tonneau covers are all for pickup trucks.
    Baghdad Bob

Complete Kit Delivered July 2010, serial @ 7287, Whitby Power Brakes, Whitby Tonneau, Power Steering w HEIDTS PS Valve, Hydralic clutch, 15" Wheels, BFG Tires, 331 stroker w Quick Fuel 650, RPM Heads, Air Gap Intake. IRS w 3.27, TKO-600. FFMETAL Firewall Forward, FFMETAL Dropped Battery Box in Trunk, Enlarged Passenger footbox, Breeze Cubby storage, Breeze Seat Brackets, Herbs Door Panels. Ford ruby red 12 coats.

Post Thanks / Like
    I see them for sale time to time, on the forum classifieds. Maybe check FFCars.com as well.

A good boat top/upholsterer could probably whip one up pretty quick, at not to bad a price. I had my FFR tonneau adjusted to suit dual roll bars, and they installed the lift-a-dot fasteners/snaps and anchors, to ensure a nice final fit.

4. Likes Jetfuel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Kay and Phil snap less tonneau cover . Love it. It comes on all the tours. Goes on the car at night and will keep rain out very well. I'd contact them and have one made. One of the cheapest extras you can buy for these cars and worth every dollar.
    MkIV #7854, Kit picked up September 2012, Coyote/BOSS 302 intake tuned at 488HP, TKO600, Center Force, Moser 8.8, driveshaft safety hoop, Stainless Header 4x1x4 headers, Gas-N-sidepipes, rad shroud, Wilwoods, NO PS/PB, heater/defroster, heated seats, wipers, Herb door panels, Dynamat Extreme sound/heat dampening, premium Rodtop top, Fast Freddie lexan wind screen, Nitto 555R, drop trunk battery, drop trunk storage,

Post Thanks / Like
    I went with Pig and Jen’s Snapless cover because I got it red with white stripes to match the car. Fits like a glove.
    Last edited by mburger; 12-01-2018 at 01:56 PM.
    Mark
    Mk1, Frame #1929 Complete restoration/upgrade. BP 347 with Edelbrock PF4 439/420. 4 link with coilovers. 8.8 3.55, 15” Halibrand, New beefed up T5 w/short throw shifter, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, Custom original style steering wheel, shaft and boss, Heat/AC, Heated seats, PPW wipers w/washers, Forte’s throttle linkage, RT trunk hoop mod, Pusher cooling fans, full LED lighting, custom headrests, 5 point seat belts with sub pass through, Speedhut GPS gauges, battery drop box in trunk, LED courtesy lights, Breeze trunk cubby kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Will the Shell Valley Sku # C8094 Tonneau cover fit the Factory 5 car........I have a brand new black cover....with fasteners in the box..... ...…. I don't have anyway to check it and know for sure.. ...….since our new FF5 kit is on order and it won't be here until Jan 5th...maybe someone can chime in......I sold my Shell Valley Cobra in August and never installed the cover....... I'll be out of town until Dec 5th.....so if it will work PM me...Joe ..Beacon Falls , CT
    Last edited by Joe390; 11-30-2018 at 08:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Joe, separate subject, but I saw your delivery date is Jan 5th. I have a FF completion date of December 22nd, but no delivery date yet. I hear the holiday will delay things for my MK4, but I’m wondering what your FF completion date was?
    Bradley in Denver.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Bradley,
    Dave gave me a delivery date for Jan 4th......but who knows....We could all be delayed. ! Good luck with your build...
    Joe

10. Thanks GTBradley thanked for this post