I have collectively owned a GTM for ten years now. Most likely the most expensive one ever built while being the least expensive. My wife built one of the first completed way back. I, i am still building mine. I haven't been on the forum for a few years so I thought I would chime in to those old timers and welcome the more recent owners of a component car that is second to none! This journey of owning a GTM can not be scripted or taken for granted by any stretch of the imagination. Through the years, I have read stories of excitement and the agony of defeat and disappointment. I say to myself, "maybe this car was not for you." It isn't for everybody. It is not what I would say an advanced kit or even say as some has, "nothing fits well and I have to fix most everything." This kit through the years, I have concluded that it is an attainable super/exotic car and like most exotic cars, they are hand built. The base line, I think, is lost in the expressed frustration is none other that the realization of the automotive and challenge of constructing such a machine, if you will. I have read about builders here that go through such a discovery that excites even the most timid of car enthusiasts. That is what this car is about. It is about the challenge, the imagination, the journey, and most of all, a bonding of people around the world which is a total understatement.

Ten years ago, I would consider myself as just a normal car enthusiast with no real expertise in car construction. I changed a few motors and the usual starters and alternators, but nothing that would really prepare me for this incredible journey that was about to take place! The knowledge of fiberglass, electrical, geometry, paint and body, fabrication, to say the least. It has changed my outlook on how to solve many problems on the car and in life. This kit as repeated about a million times, "It is a blank canvas and stroke it as you imagine it." The rediscovery of patience and facing its challenges. It is "the perfect platform." This car does cost money to build. Many builders seem to be in a sense of denial when it comes to this topic. You can build one economical or lose sight of a written plan or budget. I have not one disappointing adventure building or driving this beautiful interpretation of an automotive dream come true. I would say to those that appear to hit some sort of road block to step back, be patient, and re-evaluate your ultimate goal with your one of a kind work of art! Then dig in and continue this journey like no other!

to be continued......