Many years ago I was the main painter and body man at a shop. We specialized in heavy truck crashes (semis rolled or wedged under bridges), but also did a broad range of refinishing, from garden-variety collision work to rail equipment to the occasional sailboat or jet-ski. We used a lot of PPG products and I've probably sprayed 1,000 gallons of them and other paints, but that was 18 years ago.

I have left over from those days a gallon of DP402LF catalyst and I am thinking about using DP40LF as the sole primer on top of my body work. Having worked on the coupe since 2011, and it being a race car with plates, and having no great love of block-sanding, I'm inclined to just do the filler work very straight and smooth, skip any high-build primer, and just lay down 2 thinner coats of DP40LF on the entire car, followed by 2 more thick coats on the filler for build.

I realize that this is not the way to get the car arrow-straight. That being said, before I buy the DP, is there any reason I should be talked out of this plan?