Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will it fit? 351 + Performer RPM Intake

Post Thanks / Like
    I always run a ported torquer II intake on the coupes With my lowering engine mounts and Georgies specific headers everything fits just fine with 351 based engines.
    99/2000 NASA PSO Champion-2005 west coast FFR challenge series Champions
    Sponsor Tony B's 2007 ST2 National Championship
    2009 NASA TTC runner up-2010 NASA TTB runner up

Post Thanks / Like
    Just watched episode 63 of Engine Masters, the Windsor Intake Manifold Showdown and they compared the Edelbrock Performer RPM vs the Performer and it’s very sad.

74AE9242-FE38-42BD-8C3B-2732681B9AE2.jpg

There is no doubt that’s where my horsepower went and why my 427 engine makes 475 HP vs over 500hp but the Performer at 3/4” shorter height really helps with hood clearance.

And there is no way a Performer RPM with the air cleaner Roush uses and the FFR supplied engine mounts will fit without body modifications.

So there you have it major sacrifice in power for over all look. The air cleaner Roush uses is beautiful and the stock hood bump from Factory Five looks fantastic unmodified.

Everyone is going to have their opinion. For me there is no turning back but for the new builder this might help, but that’s where things fall on this Roush engine combo & provided engine mounts from FFR.

So I guess my advice is if you want that additional power of the Performer RPM plus the Roush engine Gordon’s lowering mounts might do the trick though my oil pan is right at the bottom frame tube running a shorter pan... Gordon can probably speak more to oil pan choice as well.
    Last edited by P100DHG; 04-11-2021 at 09:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Call me tomorrow and we can talk
    99/2000 NASA PSO Champion-2005 west coast FFR challenge series Champions
    Sponsor Tony B's 2007 ST2 National Championship
    2009 NASA TTC runner up-2010 NASA TTB runner up

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by P100DHG View Post
    Just watched episode 63 of Engine Masters, the Windsor Intake Manifold Showdown and they compared the Edelbrock Performer RPM vs the Performer and it’s very sad.

74AE9242-FE38-42BD-8C3B-2732681B9AE2.jpg

There is no doubt that’s where my horsepower went and why my 427 engine makes 475 HP vs over 500hp but the Performer at 3/4” shorter height really helps with hood clearance.

And there is no way a Performer RPM with the air cleaner Roush uses and the FFR supplied engine mounts will fit without body modifications.

Everyone is going to have their opinion. For me there is no turning back but for the new builder this might help, but that’s where things fall on this Roush engine combo & provided engine mounts from FFR.
    We all know that Big-Inch Small Blocks get choked by their heads and intake manifolds so it's like sucking up your drink with a tiny straw.
    Again, consider going to the Torquer II Single Plane intake since hood clearance is at a premium.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/edl-5081/make/ford

Just know that most folks are totally afraid of single-plane intakes, but these cars are so light that you'll have few issues.
    Your torque curve will flatten, horsepower will increase plus your 427 SBF will thank you as RPM's head toward the upper end!

The Standard Performer & Torquer-II Have Nearly The Same Height 4.120" vs 4.150" So Check The T-2 Out!

Note:.. The increased manifold height of .030" is less than the gap of your spark plugs!
    ............Also, I am running a Single-Plane Weiand Team-G on my 383-SBC with no issues.
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 04-12-2021 at 09:41 AM.

5. Thanks P100DHG thanked for this post
    Likes P100DHG liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cam Shaft Info

AC6C6371-65FD-47E0-A1C4-B82E1770BDDC.jpg

Since I use this thread for Q&A as much as I use this for later reference I thought I’d post this cam shaft info that I found with some paperwork for my engine, incase I need it in the future or it helps someone else.
    Last edited by P100DHG; 04-16-2021 at 09:23 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    It will fit. This is a pic of my Mk4 with Performer RPM Airgap intake before I switched to Victor JR. Img_2025.jpg

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mag View Post
    It will fit. This is a pic of my Mk4 with Performer RPM Airgap intake before I switched to Victor JR. Img_2025.jpg
    He's got a Type-65 Coupe, not a Roadster so hood clearance is at a premium.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12