Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  32

Thread: False Advertisement

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

False Advertisement

I built a roadster back in 2004. I bought the basic kit then found the rest of the parts I needed. I decided to build a car again so I decided on the Coupe. I ordered everything so I did not have to chase parts done. The first kit I picked up at FFR and everything was there. This kit I had shipped for I moved. I was amazed at the number of missing parts. I could do very little work on the kit for I was missing a little of everything. After 3 months parts started to show up. I was told by FFR that one of their vendors stopped returning their call so they don't know when they will get the remaining parts. I find this unacceptable since they had me pay for everything ahead of time.

Next issue I run it to is if you click on pictures of some of the parts they show carbon fiber but they come as fiber glass. I questions and FFR said those parts are specially make for the show car. The problem is if they don't give a description and only show a picture of the show car parts that is false advertisement. This was for the side cutouts. Same with the wing. They don't give a description of what is included with the wing just a picture. The picture shows cross support bars and plates for where the support goes through the body. None of those items come with the Wing and you can't order them

They offer a cutout option. If you watch the video it shows 1 minute and 4 seconds into the video the Gen3 Coupe with the hinge cutouts. That is not part of the cutout option. They say it is and old video. Again false advertisement

Here is the only thing they show on the wing

Screen Shot 2018-12-14 at 2.29.38 PM.png

Here is a picture of the cutouts

Screen Shot 2018-12-14 at 3.03.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-14 at 3.03.22 PM.png

Because they shown as carbon fiber but come as fiberglass so I asked about the canards and they said they are carbon fiber. So if you really think about this when looking at the website you can't tell what you are getting since they are showed as a carbon fiber but it may or many not come that way

2. Likes phil1734 liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Back order parts were never a huge issue for me, but apparently things might have changed over the past few years as I'm seeing more and more complaints about them.

But what you say about their "carbon" parts is true. They aren't carbon at all. It's a veneer layed over fiberglass, hardly any different than a carbon vinyl wrap.

The bigger problem you allude to is their brochures and show cars. The photographs are not in the least representative of the final product as they sell it, and nowhere is there any mention of that. I was an 818 guy and the only picture of a "base" car as assembled was a rear 3/4 view and even that has aftermarket and upgraded parts.

While the labor makes assigning the "$55,000 as shown" disclaimer that OEMs are required virtually impossible to put on a FFR, a list of options shown - "818s in Sherwin Williams Gray with FFR Wheels" - would go a far way to protecting themselves. Heck, even the chassis photos show the chassis with the optional powder coating, except there are parts powder coated and installed that don't come powder coated!

As it sits now, an entry level consumer protection lawyer could probably dismantle FFR in a week if they were ever so inclined.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    P.S. I realize the admins of this forum will probably lock and edit this thread because they are terrified of criticism and they prefer to bury problems rather than address them.

5. Thanks Vspeeds thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    here we go again.......

I don’t think that’s the case or issue with “the admins” Phil
    Just my 2˘
    If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough....

Build thread

MKIV complete kit # 9395 delivered 7/31/18

7. Likes David Hodgkins, turbomacncheese liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by phil1734 View Post
    P.S. I realize the admins of this forum will probably lock and edit this thread because they are terrified of criticism and they prefer to bury problems rather than address them.
    Last edited by David Hodgkins; 12-20-2018 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Well, of course! I HAD to edit this thread!! Oh the terror!!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

9. Likes 7tvette, SSNK4US, Brett33, turbomacncheese liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kborovick View Post
    ...if you click on pictures of some of the parts they show carbon fiber but they come as fiber glass. I questions and FFR said those parts are specially make for the show car. The problem is if they don't give a description and only show a picture of the show car parts that is false advertisement. This was for the side cutouts. ...
    Sometimes comprehension is overrated

For example, the descriptions of these items on the order form states "60621 - Coupe-R Nose Side Ducts (Fiberglass)" and " 60622 - Coupe-R Rear Side Ducts (Fiberglass)".

Was it false advertising when the kit arrived and it didn't have white stripes and a number 22 on the door? After all, that's what they show in the photos...

Sorry, I gotta' log off now and go register a complaint with the Burger King manager...I just unwrapped my Whopper with cheese and it doesn't look at all like the picture on the sign behind the counter.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, but I have to laugh at this nonsense. Granted, I haven't been around this forum that long, but I've been on various internet forums long enough to understand how they generally work. What you need to understand is that you don't own or run this forum. Sure, you have a right to free speech. Start your own forum and say whatever you want. As long as you're on someone else's forum, you abide by their standards . Admins have a responsibility to manage the tone of the forum, and I appreciate the work they do. I've been on forums that are a free-for-all with little moderation, and they turn into a ****show where you have to sift through the 99% noise to get to the 1% useful info. People coming onto a forum and ranting endlessly with no constructive purpose, and then complaining about the moderators, is like walking into a strangers house and telling them their wife is ugly and their house smells. The expected (and appropriate) response to that is "GTFO".

12. Thanks Kennyr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your original post is fine, this comment added nothing and was somewhat antagonistic, why bother with it? It immediately takes away from any relevant point you may have had.

So far, I've found the mods and FFR open to constructive criticism and helpful suggestions. They even seem to tolerate endless rants that contribute nothing. In other forums I participate in, these would have been locked down before now. However, I'm noticing an interesting parallel to the sailing/racing community which is self regulating - there's an expected set of behaviours and rules to follow. If those aren't followed, the rest of the community calls them out...

14. Thanks David Hodgkins, Kennyr thanked for this post
    Likes David Hodgkins, SSNK4US, AZPete liked this post
    East Coast Speed Machines Erik W. Treves's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post

For example, the descriptions of these items on the order form states "60621 - Coupe-R Nose Side Ducts (Fiberglass)" and " 60622 - Coupe-R Rear Side Ducts (Fiberglass)".

Was it false advertising when the kit arrived and it didn't have white stripes and a number 22 on the door? After all, that's what they show in the photos...

Sorry, I gotta' log off now and go register a complaint with the Burger King manager...I just unwrapped my Whopper with cheese and it doesn't look at all like the picture on the sign behind the counter.

Jeff

Jeff that's AWESOME.... well played Sir!
    FFR 1879, Blown DSS 306,REDLINE management, VeryCoolParts Tuned 460RWHP

FFR 818S, The Flash, Chassis #5, 2.0L, LSD, Electromotive TEC-S, VCP Tuned, 278RWHP 265 RWTQ

FFR 6651, Green Lantern, 408W Crate, Hellion 66mm Turbo, JGS Waste gate / Blowoff valve, Tec-GT management, VCP Tuned, 575 RWHP, 690 RWTQ

FFR 8335, Black Mamba, 289 FIA CSX 2001 tribute car, 347, 48 IDA webers, VCP Tuned, 311 RWHP 386 RWTQ, 3-link, Trigo's

FFR 0004, Gen 3 , Hawk Coupe, Coyote twin turbo, 683 RWHP 559 RWTQ, IRS, VCP Tuned. "not too shabby"

US ARMY Maintenance Test Pilot (CW4 Retired)

16. Likes Garry Bopp liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post

Jeff

Smart man! Going to the actual company manager is the only way to get any real resolution.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    One thing is for sure, coming on to this forum, which is comprised of THOUSANDS of enthusiasts wanting only to build their dream and to help others doing the same, to DEFAME, FLAME, DISPARAGE, DRAG THROUGH THE MUD and generally INSULT FFR, the moderators, admins and/or membership WITHOUT CAUSE are NOT GOING TO BE TOLERATED.

All kidding aside from my post above, make no mistake. We want to encourage honest feedback, good or bad. When there are legitimate concerns about the build process or the quality of FFR kits, we allow that because we all want FFR to be the best it can be. Frustration with the complex task of BUILDING A WHOLE FREAKING CAR can sometimes manifest in rants against the process. I get that. It's vitally important that this forum not suppress someone's legitimate concerns and question that arise out of trying to fulfill a lifelong desire in many cases to own a dream machine that we BUILD with our own two hands.

That pledge of fairness will continue unabated.

But the posts above step over the line.

The ONLY reason kborovick is here is to BASH FFR. Other actions have come to light which I will not entertain here lead me to believe that kborovick is an antagonist AND NOT WELCOME HERE.

In addition. phil1734 jumping in and bashing FFR by alluding to legal action, and disparaging ME, when my whole objective in starting this forum was to serve FFR, Dave Smith (whom I love like a brother) and this fantastic community, really - I mean REALLY - gets under my skin.

I'm sorry, but everyone has their limits. And you two just found mine.

This thread is closed. kborovick and phil1734 are BANNED.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)