Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  44
Likes Likes:  161
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: GTBradley's build - Still Kick'n!

Post Thanks / Like

GTBradley's build - Still Kick'n!

078 Panels - Total Square Footage - Page 2
    082 Front Suspension - Page 3
    097 IRS Center Section
    100 Rear Brakes
    101 Coyote Arrived
    123 Routing of Rear Brake Lines - Page 4
    131 Video Tip for Pulling Studs into Hub
    132 Shocks
    133 Panel Treatment - Natural Aluminum with Clear Coat
    146 Power Steering Rack and Steering Shaft
    153 Tires and Wheel Weights
    159 Clutch Throw Out Arm
    169 Panels and Drop Trunk - Page 5
    170 Cheap Bench Top Bandsaw Mod
    172 Fuel System
    174 Brake Lines 2
    182 Cockpit Sound and Heat Insulation
    186 Electrical
    197 Coyote - Installation
    218 Transmission Spacers - Page 6
    223 Radiator Mounting - Breeze
    226 KRC Power Steering Reservoir
    232 Instruments
    250 Glove Box - Full Size - Page 7
    251 Headers and Side Pipes
    252 Heater with Firewall Forward and Full-Size Glove Box
    255 Intake
    256 Couplers for the Rear Over Riders
    257 Cubby and Roll Bar
    259 Dash Mount Using Hidden Fastener
    260 Buttoning up the Driver's Foot Box
    261 Tunnel Top - Leather
    264 Body Installed
    265 First Engine Start
    268 First Drive
    270 Trunk Struts and Hinges
    272 Carpeting
    279 Seat Heaters
    283 Off to Paint - Page 8
    291 Body Buck Mod
    292 Gas-N Side Pipes
    303 Painter Updates - Molded Hood Scoop
    307 Body Painted
    339 Wipers - Page 9
    341 Spinner O-rings
    343 Seat Brackets - Breeze
    344 Wheel Well Panels
    347 Broken Windscreen - Replaced with Lexan
    363 Colorado Registration Process - Arapahoe County - Page 10
    367 Badges
    370 Radiator Protection - Nomex Honeycomb
    377 Fan Controller to Reduce Fan Run-Time and Noise
    385 License Plate Mod
    390 Factory Five Floor Mats Mod
    398 Driveshaft Safety Loop
    401 Clutch Cable Repair and Upgrade - Page 11
    424 Whitby Motorcars Soft Top and Tonneau Installed and Time-Lapse Installation video
    428 Dyno Tune
    431 Seat Repair
    434 Self Cancelling Turn Signal
    439 KRC Power Steering Pump Flow Valve Change
    453 Phone Mount using Dash Support Tube - Page 12
    470 Foot Box Vents with Blowers
    483 3500 Mile Report - Likes and Dislikes with time breakdown - Page 13
    489 Inflatable Lumbar Support
    554 Painting Coyote Engine Covers - Page 14
    564 Luggage Rack - Page 15
    585 Intermittent Wipe and Wash Function Added to the Lucas Wipers
    599 Powder coating large items - DIY
    609 Forte's Front Anti-sway Bar - Page 16
    612 Autocross Spare Wheels and Tires
    614 Autocross Improvements
    615 Side Pipe Sound Suppressing Inserts
    623 Gas-N side pipe sound mod that is removable
    639 Radiant heat deflectors for the vent tubes
    641 Cruise control for drive-by-wire Coyote gas pedal - Page 17
    *6/26/2020 EDIT: Graduation thread posted:
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...in-Drive-Video

July 2020 POM

3500 mile report video:
    Last edited by GTBradley; 03-21-2024 at 11:40 AM.

2. Likes Mylo, Aircontroller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the madness.... Looks like you are well planned to begin with... Just a thought, if you just purchased the 1 ton engine hoist, IMO you should return it and get the 2 ton one. It's reach is further and you will need reach... Just something to think about.

Are you going to get a Hyd Clutch or go with the cable?

Also, I have many times looked back at my own build thread and in awe say to myself, I did that... You will be glad you did your build thread.
    Last edited by BadAsp427; 12-16-2018 at 08:21 PM. Reason: 2 ton -vs- 2000 lb

Mk4 20th Anniversary #8690 (#8 of 20) Purchased 8/18/18----Build Started 8/19/18
    Build Thread Click Here / Registry Entry Click Here / BluePrint Engines 347ci / TKO600
    Carb/Heater/Heated Seats/Cruise Control/Drop Trunk & Battery/Custom Cubby

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats! I have a complete date of today and Stewart said earlier this week that I should expect delivery within the first two weeks of January. Todd said to call back Thurs this upcoming week to confirm, sure you could do the same.

Looks like we have a lot of overlap on our build plans and will be starting around the same time. I'll be sure to follow your build thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on your kit order and welcome to the madness. Feedback on your list. (1) Agreed 100%. If by "Pittsburgh 1000 lbs engine stand" that means the foldable shop crane, you definitely want the 2000 lbs version. Longer reach and way more robust. If you really mean engine stand, not sure you really need it. My understanding is the Factory Five Coyote combo comes with a stand. (2) You do know you have fuel pump and related on there twice? Once from Factory Five and once from Breeze. (3) You've got a high end build going there. I'll spare the long sales pitch, but you'll not regret power steering. I've had both manual and power and it makes a huge difference. Don't automatically think about effort either. Think better front end geometry and improved driveability.

Good luck!
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, glad to be here.

It's just the engine stand. I requested FF not assemble the engine parts so my son and I can do it together. I'm still a little bummed that we aren't building our own engine. I'll rent an engine hoist when the time comes. I figure the space savings is worth it.

I am looking for input on things like the hyd clutch versus cable. My preference is hydraulic, but my preference was for anti-sway bars and manual steering and I'm going to do an about face on both of those by Monday. What's your take on hydraulic clutch?

-----
    (Moved from first post to free up some room)
    12/15/2018 - I ordered my Mk4 full kit in November along with the packaged Coyote engine and Tremec TKO600 transmission from Factory Five Racing. Checks have been written and the completion date is December, 22nd 2018.

Here's my advance preparation list of items ordered/purchased so far:

Amazon:
    • 440 lbs ceiling hoist - to store the body out of the way
    • Security Cam
    • Pittsburgh 3 ton low profile floor jack
    • Big Red 2 ton jack stands x 4
    • Rubber wheel chocks x 2

Harbor Freight:
    • Pittsburgh 2 Ton Engine Hoist
    • Pittsburgh work stool

Factory Five - Fall Sale
    50013 MK IV COMPLETE KIT:
    • 16613 POWDER COATING ROADSTER CHASSIS
    • 15440 5.0 Coyote Mounts with Transmission plate
    • 16598 2015 IRS PARTS w/COMPLETE KIT
    • 15442 ROADSTER COYOTE STRAIGHT TUBES
    • 60175 31 SPLINE 2015 IRS 10.50" DRIVESHAFT
    • 12070 BODY CUT-OUTS
    • 16213 BLACK LEATHER SEATS UPGRADE
    • Power steering rack
    • 12066 FRONT LOWER ARMS - STANDARD WIDTH
    • 16004 FFR GPS GAUGE SET
    • 15330 Mk4 STAINLESS STEEL BUMPER KIT
    • Sway bar brackets
    • 16039 VINYL DASH WITH GLOVE BOX
    • 15101 1.50" MK IV LH CHROME ROLL BAR UPGRADE
    • 15659 ASSEMBLED SIDE LOUVER SET
    • 16590 TRUNK GAS STRUT KIT
    • 16668 2018 IRS 3.55 CENTER SECTION & SPINDLES
    • 15368 12.88" FRONT WILWOOD BRAKES - Black
    • 15986 12.88" 2015 IRS WILWOOD BRAKE KIT - Black
    • 16267 COYOTE FULL LENGTH HEADERS

Forte's

• COYOTE ENGINE PACKAGE & TKO-600
    • M-6007-M50A GEN II
    • M-6017-504V 2015 COMPUTER KIT COYOTE 5.0 ENGINE COVER KIT
    • ALTERNATOR KIT
    • RAM 11" X 26 CLUTCH
    • COYOTE MINI STARTER
    • BELLHOUSING, BLOCKPLATE & BOLT
    • CLUTCH FORK
    • T/O B 614014 FORD LATE USA
    • COYOTE CLUTCH BOLTS & DOWELS
    • TKO 600 .64 FORD
    • Canton Oil pan & P/U with plug
    • AIR INLET & FILTER
    • Coyote Install Kit (from FFR)

Factory Five Black Friday Parts Sale:
    • 12042 Sun Visors
    • 12049 Wind Wing Kit
    • 12453 Battery Cut-Off Switch
    • 12469 Aluminum Brake Duct Screens
    • 14816 Heater/Defroster Assembly
    • 14865 17" x 9" and 17" x 10.5" Vintage Halibrand Replica Wheels
    • 15154 Mk4 Floor mats
    • 15158 Mk4 Roadster Roll Bar Grommets
    • 15549 Vintage Wiper Kit
    • 15635 Center Dash Support

Breeze Automotive:
    • In-tank fuel pump assembly
    • Fuel line assembly quick connect
    • Fuel filter regulator and line kit
    • Fan shroud
    • Upper hinged radiator mounting kit
    • Lower radiator support kit
    • Cubby kit
    • Seat brackets

FFMetal:
    Firewall forward panel and tunnel top.

GasN polished stainless side pipes; Seat heaters by Cobraheat; Leather tunnel top; Door panels from Herb; Dropped Trunk conversion by Russ Thompson.
    Last edited by GTBradley; 03-23-2022 at 03:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    ...and I'll keep in contact. I was hoping to connect with someone in the same situation. I know it's to much to hope they lived in the same city, but that's what makes these cars so special - they are relatively rare.

Did Stewart ever contact you? I've called twice and left my email, but nothing from them yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    We have a winner. You nailed it about the fuel system parts. I just discovered it myself today, really feel stupid too. I want to keep what I got from Breeze as it will allow a single fuel line, but I don't know that I can get FFR to take the items out of the eng kit, even though it won't be delivered for a month. I sent an email to Mark at Breeze to get his thoughts. We'll see.

I have decided to forgo the sway bars and get the PS kit from FFR instead. I have a lot of experience with sports cars from the 60s and 70s and nostalgia had me thinking manual steering was the way to go. Thanks for the input.

Yes, it is just an engine stand. It's still in the box, so I'll hold off assembling until I find out about the potentially included one. Thanks again.
    Last edited by GTBradley; 12-18-2018 at 01:06 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GTBradley View Post
    I know it's to much to hope they lived in the same city, but that's what makes these cars so special - they are relatively rare.
    So where are you located?

Mk4 20th Anniversary #8690 (#8 of 20) Purchased 8/18/18----Build Started 8/19/18
    Build Thread Click Here / Registry Entry Click Here / BluePrint Engines 347ci / TKO600

Post Thanks / Like
    ...and I'll keep in contact. I was hoping to connect with someone in the same situation. I know it's to much to hope they lived in the same city, but that's what makes these cars so special - they are relatively rare.

Did Stewart ever contact you? I've called twice and left my email, but nothing from them yet.
    They never contacted me but I was alwyays able to get a hold of someone when I called ~5:30 pm ET.

PM me your location if close to VA.

Post Thanks / Like
    Denver, but I'll be getting out that way when the build is done, I love the coast.

12. Likes Aircontroller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, no, Denver.

Good to know about Stewart, I'll contact them again this week. Maybe mine will be on the same truck as yours.

Post Thanks / Like
    Denver, but I'll be getting out that way when the build is done, I love the coast.
    You may want to hook up with " Papa " here on the forum.... He is out that way...

15. Likes GTBradley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations and welcome. Look forward to following along. That “carte blanche kitchen design authority” could be the most expensive part of your build. Good luck!
    -Steve
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

17. Likes WIS89 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Straversi View Post
    Congratulations and welcome. Look forward to following along. That “carte blanche kitchen design authority” could be the most expensive part of your build. Good luck!
    -Steve
    Thanks.
    She’s pretty frugal, however; I’m really finding it less expensive on my mental well being to stay out of those design “discussions” and spend my time in the garage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, here’s another quiz for you guys:
    What is this part?
    D22C7DA3-33CD-4432-B385-A0F7BD9C2DE5.jpeg

Post Thanks / Like
    That is an alignment tool for drilling your windshield wiper holes.

21. Likes Aircontroller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's just the engine stand. I requested FF not assemble the engine parts so my son and I can do it together. I'm still a little bummed that we aren't building our own engine. I'll rent an engine hoist when the time comes. I figure the space savings is worth it.

I am looking for input on things like the hyd clutch versus cable. My preference is hydraulic, but my preference was for anti-sway bars and manual steering and I'm going to do an about face on both of those by Monday. What's your take on hydraulic clutch?
    You really won't use the engine stand much if at all. Agree it's easier to do the oil pan swap with the engine on a stand and flipped over. But it's not easy to get the stand attached to the block with the flywheel in place. I did it once with my first Coyote. Took some messing around with spacers, longer bolts, etc. Still wasn't too happy with it. Mounting the front accessories (power steering, alternator) are quick and easy and don't require a stand. The rest of the major work to be done, e.g. clutch, bell housing, trans, etc. can't be done with the engine on the stand. I too thought I didn't need the engine hoist, but turns out I use it quite a bit, even for other non-automotive stuff. It folds up and takes about a 24x24 inch footprint in my garage.

I like a hydraulic clutch setup. Your choice and a nice feature. But honestly, not particularly cheap and the current cable design by Factory Five is robust and works fine. You'll want to pay careful attention to the cable routing. Smooth and away from the headers. I'd also recommend a genuine Ford branded cable. It's a higher quality piece than the generic one that comes with the kit.

...I want to keep what I got from Breeze as it will allow a single fuel line, but I don't know that I can get FFR to take the items out of the eng kit, even though it won't be delivered for a month. I sent an email to Mark at Breeze to get his thoughts. We'll see.

I have decided to forgo the sway bars and get the PS kit from FFR instead. I have a lot of experience with sports cars from the 60s and 70s and nostalgia had me thinking manual steering was the way to go. Making my wife dislike driving it had crossed my mind too. Thanks for the input.
    Sort of about the single fuel line. The Coyote setup, like most aftermarket EFI systems, requires a return line. So the fuel pump has a supply and return line. No choice there. Some installations, which it sounds like you're describing, put the regulator back by the fuel tank. That way only the supply line has to go all the way to the engine. Agree it's simpler, but there are still two lines. One is just a lot shorter. Also sounds like the non-adjustable GM style regulator/filter. Lots of guys use them successfully, even though FWIW both Factory Five and Ford Performance say not to. (You'll have lots of decisions like this, where you have to decide what works best for you. )

Sway bars can be pretty easily added in the future if you think you need/want them. For a street driven build though you probably won't miss them. Changing from manual to power steering after the build is done is possible of course, but way easier to do it during the build. Trust me. You'll both like it. One hint though. If you think there's a chance you may want sway bars in the future, buy the two rear brackets and install them during the build. They are fabricated metal parts that bolt in at the inner pivots of the lower control arms and toe arms. Adding them now would make a sway bar in the future a simple bolt-on versus taking your rear suspension apart. Front is a bolt on with no added parts. The mounts are standard on the chassis.
    Last edited by edwardb; 12-16-2018 at 07:59 AM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Agree w/ Edwardb on the engine stand... you won't need it for the jobs ahead of you.

The Coyote comes bolted to a pretty stout wood cradle assembly from Ford. The crate/box framing is just tacked to it with a zillion nails.
    CrateCoyote_02.png

Some careful work with a prybar will get rid of the 2x4's, and you'll have a really nice cradle in minutes. Lift the engine up and set it on a furniture dolly and you're good to go.
    CrateCoyote_11.png

I installed the oil pan with the engine hanging from the hoist. Just follow the safety rules and DON'T GET UNDER THE LOAD. It's not a bad job. When it's hanging there you'll need to take some measurements and do some carpentry on the Ford wood cradle. Lower the engine back down, and start on clutch/transmission.
    Trans_04.png
    John D. - Minneapolis 'Burbs

1965 El Camino - LT-1, 4L60e, 4wh discs, SC&C susp.
    2013 F-150 Platinum - Twin Turbo 3.5
    2018 Mk4 Roadster w/ Coyote - #9365 - Build Thread Delivery 7/3/18, 1st Start 1/4/19, 1st Road Mile 5/5/19, Legal 6/18/19, In Paint 2/25/21, Done (?) 4/2021

24. Thanks GTBradley, Aircontroller thanked for this post
    Likes Aircontroller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BadAsp427 View Post
    That is an alignment tool for drilling your windshield wiper holes.
    Ah, that makes sense now. It came in my Black Friday sale items box with a number of other items, so it wasn’t obvious what it went with. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, got it:
    - Return engine stand and buy folding 2000 lbs hoist
    - Keep the cable clutch actuator - seems like something I can change out later anyway
    - Install the rear sway bar brackets - do I just tell FFR I need sway bar brackets?

Another question about the FFR eng kit, it comes with an oil pan, but I see people ordering a special Moroso pan. Will the one in the kit work?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks John, did you get the engine from Ford directly? I’m looking for some input on the FFR eng/trans kit I’ve ordered.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BadAsp427 View Post
    ...IMO you should return it and get the 2000Lb one. It's reach is further and you will need reach... Just something to think about.
    Is the one you’re referring to at Harbor Freight?

Post Thanks / Like
    2 ton Capacity Foldable Shop Crane Pittsburgh® Automotive- Item#69514
    HF has it on sale today for 180, which is the same price as the 1 ton.
    Last edited by GTBradley; 12-16-2018 at 11:51 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is the one you’re referring to at Harbor Freight?
    Yup!

Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered my entire powertrain "package" from Forte's Performance. The engine, ECU, engine specific wiring harness, and some other bits are shipped directly from Ford, via their authorized distributor(s) (Forte's and others) direct to your door.

**Remember to request/tell them "residential delivery with a lift-gate truck!!**

Forte's "package" includes everything needed to install a Coyote in a FFR MkIV, and I went with the hydraulic clutch setup he offers. My parts list from them looks very similar to yours.

While you're a Harbor Freight, pick up a furniture dolly (or two). The engine is only about 500lbs., and it'll roll easily on a good floor. I also stacked some of my heavier boxes on others so I could easily roll them around out of the way.
    John D. - Minneapolis 'Burbs

1965 El Camino - LT-1, 4L60e, 4wh discs, SC&C susp.
    2013 F-150 Platinum - Twin Turbo 3.5
    2018 Mk4 Roadster w/ Coyote - #9365 - Build Thread Delivery 7/3/18, 1st Start 1/4/19, 1st Road Mile 5/5/19, Legal 6/18/19, In Paint 2/25/21, Done (?) 4/2021

Post Thanks / Like
    My engine/transmission kit from FFR will come on the same truck as the kit, so they tell me. I really like Forte’s, but I got a deal from FFR and went for it. I did get the better dolly, I’m headed over to HF to return the eng stand and get the eng hoist now. There’s a super deal running on the 2 ton. I hope it’s not too big, if so I’ll stick with the 1ton.
    Last edited by GTBradley; 12-16-2018 at 12:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    There’s a super deal running on the 2 ton. I hope it’s not too big, if so I’ll stick with the 1ton.
    Don't do it! You'll struggle to get enough reach with the 1 ton. Multiple examples, me included, of the 2 ton being the right choice. When folded, I don't think there's a big difference in space required.

Okay, got it:

- Install the rear sway bar brackets - do I just tell FFR I need sway bar brackets?

Another question about the FFR eng kit, it comes with an oil pan, but I see people ordering a special Moroso pan. Will the one in the kit work?
    The sway bar brackets for the IRS are part numbers 16000 and 16001. You can see them in these instructions. https://www.factoryfive.com/wp-conte...R-2015-IRS.pdf. Also visible in this picture. Not mandatory to do them now. Just easier and will make the sway bars an easy bolt on should you add them in the future.

Only two low profile pan options for the Coyote -- Moroso and Canton -- that I know of. I've used the Moroso one twice, and seems pretty common. I'd bet Factory Five is supplying one of those. Note you also have to change the pickup tube which should also be included.

34. Likes Aircontroller, copythat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    GTBradley -

I got your PM and see you already have a body buck, but you are welcome to use my 2000lb engine hoist if you need one. Give me a shout and let me know if you ever need a hand or two.

Dave
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, okay. I thought everyone was suggesting the 2000 lb crane. I’m guessing 2 ton is what was meant? Anyway,4000 lbs capacity which is the 2 ton is the one I’ll get.

Thanks for the part numbers and picture, very helpful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Dave. I appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, okay. I thought everyone was suggesting the 2000 lb crane. I’m guessing 2 ton is what was meant? Anyway,4000 lbs capacity which is the 2 ton is the one I’ll get.

Thanks for the part numbers and picture, very helpful.
    My mistake. Mine is the 2 Ton hoist. I also have the leveler with an upgraded handle. The HF handle is junk.

Dave

Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool, thanks Dave. I appreciate the offer to borrow yours. I went by HF to look, you know how that goes, and ended up buying the 2 ton with leveler. At 180 clams plus 40 for the leveler, I figure it’s worth it to have it ready all the time and not bother you. At that price I can easy Craigslist it after the build too. I’ll put it together and check that handle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the handle I replaced the plastic one with. The original handle shredded on the first use.

J.W. Winco 25WG57/E DIN98-ST... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PUDIF4K?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    Here is the handle I replaced the plastic one with. The original handle shredded on the first use.

J.W. Winco 25WG57/E DIN98-ST... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PUDIF4K?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf
    In the shopping cart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! What a good suggestion. That hoist is fantastic and it's not taking up any room that I needed. You guys are and handier than pockets!
    IMG_7300.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome GT! This group is fantastic and is constantly helping me out on our build - you're in for a great time!

Post Thanks / Like
    You have the same leveler that I have... So far my handle worked well... One very important key, put some grease on the screw, the full length and run it back and forth a couple times before you put the 800+ lbs onto it. If you don't, you will have a bear of a time actually using it. I know you are a ways off from actually using it, but put this thought in the back of your mind... I've found that starting the install off with the engine/trans at near level when the leveler is towards the very back will allow you to have more angle adjustability as you go in the hole. If you start out with it centered, you may not get enough of the angle you want going into the hole. Just something to think about.

Started here....
    IMG_2161.jpg

Ended up here at full drop in angle...
    IMG_2175.jpg

45. Thanks nucjd19 thanked for this post
    Likes nucjd19 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteMeindl View Post
    Welcome GT! This group is fantastic and is constantly helping me out on our build - you're in for a great time!
    Thanks Pete, hey aren't you the guy with the God-like status and a car body in your living room? I don't think anyone felt worthy after seeing that picture. I too have a family involved in the build, in particular my fifteen-year-old son.
    Question for you, how do you put up such big pretty pictures? I've seen people use photobucket, but personally I find that service annoying.

Bradley

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, I did order that metal handle Papa suggested, but I will definitely be greasing that screw shaft and using your technique. The last time I put an engine in I didn't even use a leveler and it was a royal pain-in-the-butt. And that was a small engine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a link to the instructions for posting pictures via the FF Forum's own picture hosting service.

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...tures-in-posts

It's free and won't decide to kill all your old postings unless you agree to pay them $$$. I resisted initially and used both Photobucket, then Flicker before adapting to the forum's built-in tools. It's a bit more cumbersome than other services at first, but once you get used to it, it's fine.

49. Likes GTBradley liked this post
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast