Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Gold Flakes

Post Thanks / Like

Gold Flakes

Changed out the stock pan for a Moroso on a new unfired gen 2 crate today and found a few gold flakes that I assume is bearing material in the bottom of the pan. Just wondering if any of you guy's have seen that? Maybe it's normal to see some on a new engine but makes me feel a little uneasy. I think I might call Ford Performance tomorrow and see what they say.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    The engine was delivered with some oil in the pan, right? I understand they turn the engines over (called motoring) in the factory but don't fire them.

Can you post a picture of the flakes? I don't recall seeing any debris whatsoever in my pan when I swapped out for the Moroso. Definitely would call Ford.
    Mk4 #8861 Complete kit. Delivered: 27 Apr 2016, currently a roller.
    Gen-2 Coyote, clutch, TKO600, midshift, and solid axle from Forte. Many pieces from Breeze and Replicarparts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by initiator View Post
    The engine was delivered with some oil in the pan, right? I understand they turn the engines over (called motoring) in the factory but don't fire them.

Can you post a picture of the flakes? I don't recall seeing any debris whatsoever in my pan when I swapped out for the Moroso. Definitely would call Ford.
    Yes, the engine had oil in it when delivered. I called them today and he said it was "Very Common" to see metal in the pan, makes me feel a little better i guess. He said that he has only replaced one engine since they started selling Coyote crates. Not sure how to post pictures but there are probably 2-3 flakes that is 1/16 or so square and a lot of very fine, like glitter that is noticeable in the sun. Time will tell, hopefully have it in and running by spring.