Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Question for Users of the Autometer Ultra-lite Gauges

Post Thanks / Like

Question for Users of the Autometer Ultra-lite Gauges

First step in the instructions is to connect "the gauge light power wire from the oil temp gauge with one of the small white jumper wires." I'm not seeing any small white jumper wires in the kit unless I'm to use the white wire from the Four Conductor Multicolor Wire (part #13161; Box 22) - can someone confirm? I didn't see any other reference to using this bundle of wires in the instructions, so I feel like it's the right path. Thanks in advance!

MKIV Complete Kit #9494 l Delivered 1/5/19 l First Start 11/28/20 l First Go-kart 4/11/21 l Carb'd 347 l Mid-shift TKO600 l 3.55 IRS l P/S l Forte Mechanical Throttle Linkage l RT Turn Signal, Drop Trunk l Breeze Upper/Lower Radiator Support, Fan Shroud l Boig Upper/Lower Cool Tubes & Quiet Pipes l 18" FFR Gasser Wheels l Build Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    That bundle of wires is for the wipers. The jumper wires they reference are part of the dash harness which is part of the Ron Francis wiring harness.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    I never used those wires. I don't have wipers. They are still sitting in my "unused parts" box. I bought this from Amazon. $10 and I used whatever color was needed to keep the wiring straight behind the dash. You can get similar bundles in whatever gauge you need.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    MK IV Build #9659, 3 link, 17's, Forte 347, Sniper EFI, power steering, built for a freak sized person with 17" Kirkey Vintage seats, RT drop trunk, RT turn signal, lots of stuff from Breeze Automotive, Wilwood brakes, paint by Jeff Miller

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by michael everson View Post
    That bundle of wires is for the wipers. The jumper wires they reference are part of the dash harness which is part of the Ron Francis wiring harness.
    Mike
    Thanks, Mike. Will take another look at that. Glad to know those are for the wipers since i'll be installing those eventually.
    MKIV Complete Kit #9494 l Delivered 1/5/19 l First Start 11/28/20 l First Go-kart 4/11/21 l Carb'd 347 l Mid-shift TKO600 l 3.55 IRS l P/S l Forte Mechanical Throttle Linkage l RT Turn Signal, Drop Trunk l Breeze Upper/Lower Radiator Support, Fan Shroud l Boig Upper/Lower Cool Tubes & Quiet Pipes l 18" FFR Gasser Wheels l Build Thread