I've got an old Mark 1.5 - a transitional model with the dropped driver foot box but no transmission tunnel bracing - and I'm currently in the middle of some winter mods and have a question regarding cup holders.

I'd like to add a couple of cup holders toward the front of the transmission tunnel; however, I'm concerned about available space between the aluminum mounting surface and the top of the transmission.

The reason that I'm asking is because I climbed under my car yesterday and attempted to measure how much space there is between the top of the trans tunnel and the transmission itself (it's a T-5). It looks to me that the available space is something less than 3".

Hence my question: Is there enough room to install cup holders?

Worst case is I order a couple of 3" to 4" deep cup holders and see if they'll fit. (Try to see if they'll fit under the aluminum - between the underside of the trans tunnel and the top of the transmission - before I start actually cutting holes in the tunnel itself.)

Any of you guys have experience adding cup holders to an older model like mine with a T-5?

Thanks.