Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Roadster Order Form Question

Post Thanks / Like

Roadster Order Form Question

I see this option on the Roadster Order form:

Order a Ford 5.0L Coyote Engine from Factory Five A.T. and have it assembled for you (a $500 value)

Can someone tell me what “Factory Five A.T.” is?

I figure I’ll have a DOH moment when someone does tell me. But googling “factory five at” doesn’t really help. And I’ve been racking my brain trying to figure out what A.T. could stand for.

I can only assume by the option text that FFR and/or Blueprint has Coyote engines for sale. If so I want to see what they are all about, pricing, options and what not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Automatic transmission?
    “Privateer”
    289 USRRC Chassis #9188 p/u 9/11/2017 Go kart 3/18/2018, road legal 6/16/2018
    Ford full roller 306 built by my son and me Holley Sniper EFI
    TKO600 2015 IRS 3:55. 17” FFR Hallibrand replicas, Power steering
    FFR Vintage instruments, Wipers and Heat/defrost
    Lots of parts and advice from Mike Forte & Mark Reynolds (Breeze Automotive)

Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking it is the name of some department responsible engine sales.

Factory Five Advanced Technologies?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know what the initials stand for, but it's a separate company that was set up not long ago for the purpose of selling engine packages like the Coyote setup you're looking at. Apparently they do everything -- change the oil pan, mount the clutch, mount the bell housing and trans, etc. That's the $500 they're waiving. Also comes with what looks like a pretty cool rolling stand and lifting hooks. It's an OK deal IMO if (1) you prefer to pay for and have everything delivered at once, and (2) you're a little unsure about putting the engine pieces together. Although seems to me if you can build an entire car you ought to be able to bolt the various driveline pieces together. It's a proven combination and not hard to assemble.
    Last edited by edwardb; 12-18-2018 at 05:28 PM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
    I don't know what the initials stand for, but it's a separate company that was set up not long ago for the purpose of selling engine packages like the Coyote setup you're looking at. Apparently they do everything -- change the oil pan, mount the clutch, mount the bell housing and trans, etc. That's the $500 they're waiving. Also comes with what looks like a pretty cool rolling stand and lifting hooks. It's an OK deal IMO if (1) you prefer to pay for and have everything delivered at once, and (2) you're a little unsure about putting the engine pieces together. Although seems to me if you can build an entire car you ought to be able to bolt the various driveline pieces together. It's a proven combination and not hard to assemble.
    Is there a web site? This isn’t the Summit Racing package SUM-CSUMFFC12 is it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mylo View Post
    Is there a web site? This isn’t the Summit Racing package SUM-CSUMFFC12 is it?
    Not aware of any website. Don't believe this has anything to with Summit or their package. Perhaps someone who has purchased this package will weigh in. I've helped a couple guys that bought it, but don't know any more details than what I already provided. Have you called Factory Five and just asked? That's usually the best way to find out.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
    Not aware of any website. Don't believe this has anything to with Summit or their package. Perhaps someone who has purchased this package will weigh in. I've helped a couple guys that bought it, but don't know any more details than what I already provided. Have you called Factory Five and just asked? That's usually the best way to find out.
    I understand that FFR support is pretty impressive but I didn’t want to bother them with this... yet. I figured I’d try the knowledgeable folks here first. Thanks for the info.

I’ve been studying your build thread for Mk4 #8674. Very impressive work and thanks for the encyclopedic like info.

Post Thanks / Like
    Factory Five offers the complete driveline package making it easier for the builder to purchase a sorted out driveline that works in their car. One stop shopping. I’ve seen the complete driveline in their showroom for sale with the build sheet posted. Coyote,TKO, clutch, computer, harness, cannister, etc. Not a bad deal!
    FFR 7644 MK IV. Coyote 5.0, Boss 302 Intake, Tremec TKO600, 8.8 rear 3 link, 3:73, Koni's, Wilwood brakes, 17" Halibrands, Nitto NT555's, SS side-pipes. Velocity Red Mica, Dark Silver stripes. Painted striped dash. Heated Leather seats. Heat, defrosters, wipers. Hidden bluetooth stereo.
    A dream come true.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Race Ratz View Post
    Factory Five offers the complete driveline package making it easier for the builder to purchase a sorted out driveline that works in their car. One stop shopping. I’ve seen the complete driveline in their showroom for sale with the build sheet posted. Coyote,TKO, clutch, computer, harness, cannister, etc. Not a bad deal!
    Good to know. I’ll keep this in mind when it comes time to order. I like one stop shopping if the price is right. Especially if it offsets a lot of pain later on in the process.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a follow up on my own question here...

I received my literature from FFR and Factory Five AT is indeed Factory Five Advanced Technologies. And like others have pointed out it is all about providing turnkey Ford crate engines.
    Simply Dreaming