Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: New guy

Post Thanks / Like

New guy

Hello everyone, Rob here in the western suburbs of Chicago. I just purchased a 35 p/u # 0016 outside of Detroit last weekend and brought it home to Illinois to build. Got it from Todd and his family who are great stand up people. This is my first complete build however I was in involved in the finish body work on one about 25 years ago when kits were junk. Been a Bodyman for a very long time that transitioned to a paintless dent repair tech for the last 23 years. I’m looking forward to the challenge of the build and time management with all that life can throw at ya. I will be back eventually with pics of my progress.
    Happy holidays to everyone!!!!! Rob

2. Likes Railroad liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. The kit I acquired was pretty much the way it was received by his uncle. So I’m starting from page one in the manual. Getting together with the powder coat guy tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats! Sounds like you shouldn't have any problems with your other than ,you may keep adding up grades as you go along.Roger

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats and welcome to the family.
    CVOBill
    MK2 #???? Delivered 11/2002, Finished and Titled 6/2003 5.0, T-5, 4-Link, Sold 3/2005
    Hot Rod #304 purchased 5/28/2017 from original owner Unassembled . Titled and plated 8/24/2017 Coyote,
    TKO, 3-Link, Heat, A/C, Electric Power Steering, Convertible top
    MK4 #9524 Picked up 1/18/19 306 Blueprint, T-5, 4-Link, Gas-N Pipes, Heater

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Robodent. I also do PDR and complete collision repair. Traveled for hail a little, but my shop is to busy to get away from now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you everyone for the welcome. I have a good base to work with the kit I purchased I think.
    35 pick up # 0016
    wildwood front and rear
    moser 8.8 355
    heat and sound kit
    powder coat frame
    a/c and defrost
    vintage cluster gauge
    I have to add the engine, trans and wheels. I have 18x8 front and 18x10 for the rear American racing Crome vintage hot rod wheels. Im working with mike forte on a SBF dart 4 bolt main 347 EFI with a sized up cam and a fi tech 600hp efi system , stainless headers, TKO 600 and I should have the the motor and trans end of Feb early march. Ive been hitting it pretty good the past couple weeks since I bought it and doing what I can till I get all my parts back from my powder coat guy. Im operating out of a two car garage with plenty of heat but its tight with all the other stuff in it. So I picked up a car hauler and using that to store my parts and body panels almost like having a third car garage.
    FFR 35 p/u # 0016 Dart 347 TKO 600

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats. I know what working with limited space feels like, I've been building my Mk4 in a single car garage.
    JR
    Mk4 complete kit #9059 ordered 1/19/17 delivered 3/23/17, 2015 IRS, Fortes/DART347,TKO 600, hyd clutch, P/S, 12.88 wilwood brakes front and rear, heater/defrost and vintage gauges
    First start and go-cart 4/11/18. Taken To Whitby Motorcars Greensboro, N.C. 2/5/21 for body/paint