Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hello from the NC Piedmont

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from the NC Piedmont

Hello my name is Craig, (aka, Mylo).

I知 a 50-something dreamer that has admired FFR kits for a long time. I致e always wanted to build my own Roadster but life has always gotten in the way. Well things are a little simpler now and I知 giving serious consideration to actually doing it.

My goal right now is to try to meet some local owner/builders and see the Roadster up close and personal. Maybe sit in one. I suspect someone wouldn稚 mind taking me for a spin. 😉

I知 not sure when I値l get to purchase so right now I知 absorbing anything and everything I can about the Roadster. I知 going through build threads, reading the build manual, etc. This forum has already been so helpful.

So, glad to join you and I hope I can get to the point where I can actually contribute as well as learn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lots of activity in NC. Where exactly are you located? Our local group meets for breakfast in Mooresville on the second Saturday of the month.
    Mike............

FFR2100 - 331 with KB supercharger - T5 - 5 link rear 3.08's and T2 Torsen.

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m in Rockwell. A small town along Hwy 52 east of Salisbury. So I am about an hour from Mooresville.

It is on my list to track you guys down. I joined a couple of groups on Facebook, all though I’m not a big user of Facebook. It was my intention to reach out to you to see where the next meeting will be. It looks like you jump around between Steak and Shake and Cracker Barrel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Look forward to seeing you at one of our Breakfasts. We usually start showing up around 8:15 and leave around 10:00. There is often quite a variety of Cobras show up so you can compare FFR, SPF, Backdraft, Unique, Classic and others side by side, along with being able to check out a number of other muscle cars and hot rods.
    Mike............

Post Thanks / Like
    The next meeting is January 12 correct? Where will you be meeting?

Post Thanks / Like
    Larry typically posts closer to the date but I'm pretty sure it will be at the Steak and Shake on Rte 150.

PM Larry (Coyote Cruiser) and ask to be added to the e-mail list. https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...s-get-together
    Last edited by Mike N; 12-19-2018 at 11:18 AM.
    Mike............

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum. I wish I were closer so I could show up. Have a great time.The guys who own these these cars are quit proud of them and love to show them. Roger

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Mylo, I'm a bit further away in Charleston SC area. If you are ever coming this way, let me know and I'll be happy to let you check out my roadster. Welcome to the Factory Five world...

Mk4 20th Anniversary #8690 (#8 of 20) Purchased 8/18/18----Build Started 8/19/18
    Build Thread Click Here / Registry Entry Click Here / BluePrint Engines 347ci / TKO600
    Carb/Heater/Heated Seats/Cruise Control/Drop Trunk & Battery/Custom Cubby