Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Front Brake Lines

Post Thanks / Like

Front Brake Lines

Hey Guys,

I'm working on my front brake line fit and have been going back and fourth between a set of 18" lines and 16" lines to see which will fit and work through all the travel. About the best I have come up with is the 18" lines, but will likely need to put a piece of hose or something around the line not to chafe against the lower control arm.

What length are you guys going with? By the way I'm running Wilwoods and a 45 deg angle adapter into the caliper.

Here's a couple shots working through the suspension travel and steering lock to lock.

Fully compressed and steering all the way to the right:

Fully compressed and steering all the way to the left:

Fully slack and steering all the way to the right:

Fully slack and steering all the way to the left:

Post Thanks / Like
    I would say you'd be better off turning the caliper fitting so that it faces up. This forces the brake line into an S shape. As you steer inboard, the S compacts and as you steer outboard, the S stretches out. You just need to find the proper brake line length so it is not being stretched tight when steering full lock and normally this makes the line so it doesn't contact the wheel or the suspension parts.

Just sent you an email photo...
    Last edited by VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC; 12-19-2018 at 05:36 PM.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC View Post
    I would say you'd be better off turning the caliper fitting so that it faces up. This forces the brake line into an S shape. As you steer inboard, the S compacts and as you steer outboard, the S stretches out. You just need to find the proper brake line length so it is not being stretched tight when steering full lock and normally this makes the line so it doesn't contact the wheel or the suspension parts.
    Thanks for the reply Shane. I may need to get some banjo fittings to lock them in the vertical position when tightened down. I’ve tried a couple of these 45 deg fittings and when tight just don’t seem to be the angle I need.

Thanks for the pic in the email.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys,

I got in my 90 deg NPT fittings for the Wilwood calipers and the 18" lines I have came out perfect. Thankfully the fittings tightened up exactly where I needed them. Here is the end result, much nicer than the original pics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Perfect!!
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts