Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Bearings for LCA to replace plastic bushings

Post Thanks / Like

Bearings for LCA to replace plastic bushings

Jim Schenk chimed in on a thread on the other forum and invited emails re: these new kits which haven't made it onto the FFR parts listing yet.
    "They are machined for the factory 16mm bolts so yes they will work with 5/8 as well. They are a snug fit so the powder coating may need to be cleaned out of the sleeve to get them in place.
    Factory Five part number 16332 is for one bearing assembly with the sleeve, rod end, spacers and snap rings. They are $35 each and work with our front lowers, all the 2015+ IRS arms, and all the 33 front arms.
    I had already written the full description out for our parts catalog so they will be up soon, but if you want to post the pics I am attaching here on either forum that’s no problem as well."
    DSC_7562 (002) by craig stuard, on Flickr
    DSC_7559 (002) by craig stuard, on Flickr
    DSC_7558 (002) by craig stuard, on Flickr
    DSC_7554 by craig stuard, on Flickr
    I have the jig, and the welding rig, to do the rod end mod but this is so much easier that I will be ordering tomorrow.
    Last edited by CraigS; 12-19-2018 at 04:51 PM.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very interesting! So, if I wanted to do the front LCA's as well as the IRS control arms (upper and lower) I'd need a total of 12 of these, is that right? (2 for each front LCA, two for each rear upper and rear lower)?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    Very interesting! So, if I wanted to do the front LCA's as well as the IRS control arms (upper and lower) I'd need a total of 12 of these, is that right? (2 for each front LCA, two for each rear upper and rear lower)?
    That is the way I read it.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you know if you order new LCAs if the they come with this new bushing?
    FFR8237 Donor build 89 GT , MK 4 , T5 , 17 " hallibrands 9" front 10.5 rear ,4×4 headers stainless mufflers, dual chrome roll bars, coil overs all 4,A/C and heater , soft top, 3:55 gears.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't 'know' but really doubt it.