FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: FFR Forum Participation

Post Thanks / Like

Smile FFR Forum Participation

Well looks like my forum participation is about down to nothing. I have both forums up everyday while I am up, but really don't check on anything in depth, only when I see some kind of news from FFR, other then that I really don't check on builds or anything.

For the most part I really don't have much interest in FFR anymore. Pretty much since Apr of 2017 when my health went south. Since the end of Jan 2017 when everything started with the health problems.
    First off not trying to sound like I am complaining, just going to layout what went on since end of Jan 2017.

Now lets see if I can remember all of this.......lol
    Most of this was at the VA, some was at other Hospitals for some Emergency and urgent care visits.

End of Jan 2017 - when everything started, not going to get in all the detail.
    Here is the list for the most part of everything that happened between Jan 2017 up to Aug 2018.
    Englarged Prostate, which lead to a bladder stone the size of a golf ball, which was supposed to come out in june of 2017. During the prescreening 2 weeks before the surgery I didn't feel well, so I went to urgent care at Lake Nona VA (I was already there for the prescreening) I was diagnosed with slight pneumonia, which meant I couldn't have my bladder stone surgery for a least 30 days. well after 30 days was tested ok, but my primary care doctor didn't get back to me for about 6 weeks. Then July 11th I had a severe reaction to the pneumococcal vaccine I had on July 10th from the VA. I thought I was having a heart attack, so off to the ER again. Then after about 6 weeks like I said above my primary VA doctor finally gave me the results on the pneumonia, free and clear.
    Now about this time which was in Aug of 2017, and near the end of Aug I had sharp pains on my lower side which got bad on the night of Aug 29th (I think, close enough...lol) so went to lake nona VA urgent care (emergency was not up and running yet) and they said after running some blood tests and a x ray, that I just had bad gastritis. Then later that night at home after midnight the pain got worse, at about 4am the pain was so bad I went to a hospital that was closer, ER. After running a bunch of tests and a ultrasound, found out I had appendicitis. Then 2 days after the appendectomy my legs swelled to the point the pain was intense, so back the the ER again. Found nothing wrong like congestive heart failure or blood clots in my legs, the doctors were not sure was really wrong, they tought it might be deep vein thrombosis, but they said they found no clots in my legs after running an ultrasound. Then because of that ER surgery I couldn't have my bladder stone taken out for at least 6-8 weeks, so my bladder stone surgery didn't get done until end of Jan 2018 and that is a hell I would not wish on anybody. The day of my bladder stone surgery after coming home one of my 2 catheters (pubic, upper one) was leaking all over the place and with slight blood, so back to Lake Nona VA ER (which opened in Sept 2018 I think).

Oh and inbetween my appendectomy in Aug 2017 and the bladder stone surgery in Jan 2018. Dec 2017 at the Lake Nona VA I had an egd/ gastroscopy and colonoscopy done, and was diagnosed with barrett's esophagus, which I knew was only a matter of time since I have had GERD since the mid 1980s. I just had another EGD/ gastroscopy done last week at the VA, results should be back soon I hope.

Well I am going to end it there, just to much stuff to try and remember. In a nutshell, Between May 2017 and Feb 2018, been to the ER/urgent care 9 times. 1 enlarged prostate, severe reaction to the pneumococcal vaccine, pneumonia, 1 appendectomy, Barrett's esophagus, 1 golf ball sized bladder stone removed, Trouble with my hypothyroidism level not being right for months, still have tremors and blood pressure is high but heart rate is low. VA primary care doctor says it's my B12 level which was really low for over a year, but that could be due to the pump inhibitor meds (for GERD). Still not out of the so called woods just yet. My weight went up for me, which doesn't help my higher blood pressure (high 140s) I used to be text book for ever. Leg still swell from time to time, but could be due again to my pump inhibitor meds. Having trouble with my vision, which comes and goes, but could be due to low B12 and other things like prediabetes, which I have been at for a few years now, and my weight going up some doesn't help...lol Been trying to get back into working out with weights again like I did when I was in the Navy, and start riding my mtn bike again, but not doing so well.

So as you can see been through a lot over about a over a 20 month period. This did not help with getting stuff that needed to get around the house etc. So been trying to catch up on all the house stuff , and of course more popped up since.

I am sure I have said this before in the forums here. God always has a plan don't have to really understand it, just have to accept it and carry on! For over time God will show the meaning of why we go through trials and tribulations in order to learn from them and grow from the experiences in order to become not only a better person, but closer in a relationship with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Now don't get me wrong not trying to preach here, just telling where I am at

Only time will tell if I ever get back to working on some designs again. When I do check out some stuff here, FFR has my brain going into overdrive with all the cool stuff they have come out with lately , the Coupe, 33 hot rod and 35 truck stuff.

David
    Last edited by Vman7; 12-20-2018 at 04:42 AM.

Master Builder
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know the feelings and problems of the Golden years. LOL Health and family comes first ! I haven't driven My Corvette (mild resto mod 1980) in at least two years.
    Take care hope your health improves.
    Ken

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    David,

Wow! You've been through a lot. I'm glad your faith has remained strong. I've missed seeing your designs on the forum. Always innovative. When health fails us, it affects every facet of our lives. I have been blessed with reasonably good health but age does creep up on a person! I hope this season of joy will bring you improved health.

Peace,
    Garry
    I sure miss my coupe!

F5R1004503SP 2004 Challenge Car, 331 Stroker

Coupe # 031, 422" Windsor stroker by Southern Automotive (Dash autographed by Peter Brock)***SOLD***
    Unique 427 Roadster, 482" Aluminum FE by Southern Automotive***SOLD***

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    God Bless and may the new year bring you better times.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear about your journey. Move forward with some positive every day and you will get to a better place. Will think of you at church this week and hope to hear some improving news soon.

God Bless and Happy Holidays.

Post Thanks / Like
    "If it's not one, it's the other", said the lady with the nose bleed...

Never heard of bladder stones being caused by an enlarged prostate? You'd think all the old timers would have, them sooner or later. Wouldn't Shock Wave Lithotripsy, like they use for kidney stones, be a less invasive method? Smash it up and pee it out.

Hope 2019 is your year to get back on the horse..

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everybody

Health wise overall, I have been doing better since about Sept 2018, once the B12 started kicking in.

AC Bill, the prostate didn't cause the bladder stone the size I had (size of a golf ball). All the problems started with when the x ray showed a enlarged prostate, which lead to doing a Cystoscopy to check the bladder and that is when the urologist saw the bladder stone. The urologist said for it's size it was more then likely from a combination of kidney and bladder stones, mostly kidney. The urologist did say that an enlarged prostate can cause bladder stones, but mostly smaller ones. They couldn't do the shock wave thing, because the bladder stone was just too big.

oh forgot to mention the incisional hernia I developed about 7 months after my appendectomy by my belly button, which the doctor said is not unusual. Strange thing is it to is about the size of a golf ball.......lol It hasn't gotten any worse, so for right now, not going to doing anything about it until I get in better shape (working out with weights again, well at least trying to...lol), since the doctor said recovery time would be roughly 2-3 months after repairing the incisional hernia. I have way too much stuff to get caught up on around the house etc.

David