FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Exhaust Parts in Compete Kit

Post Thanks / Like

Exhaust Parts in Compete Kit

What exhaust parts come in the standard complete kit? I believe you get uncoated side pipes and J pipes? Do I need to order the 302 coated headers to make the connection to the side pipes? Eventually I would like to buy the Gas-n side pipes but not sure what else I need to connect them.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, The J pipes and sidepipes are standard. They are meant to fit factory exhaust mans or replacement shorty headers. You can order the 4 into 4 headers from FFR and do away with the J pipes and any shorty headers you may need.
    99/2000 NASA PSO Champion-2005 west coast FFR challenge series Champions
    Sponsor Tony B's 2007 ST2 National Championship
    2009 NASA TTC runner up-2010 NASA TTB runner up

Post Thanks / Like
    If you know you want to go with a different brand of side pipes, you can also have them delete the side pipes from your kit order.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    If you know you want to go with a different brand of side pipes, you can also have them delete the side pipes from your kit order.
    Will they provide a credit or just not send it with the kit? Any thoughts on ordering the ceramic coated 302 headers from FF versus the stainless version from Gas-N?

Post Thanks / Like
    They will provide a credit. I just did that with my kit. I deleted the headers and side pipes and am going with GP headers and Gas-N side pipes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruzzz View Post
    Will they provide a credit or just not send it with the kit? Any thoughts on ordering the ceramic coated 302 headers from FF versus the stainless version from Gas-N?
    Go with the GAS-N. I have the ceramic coated 302 headers from FF and they IMO are not that great of header. With GAS-N you can work directly with Georgie and if you have any problems, you are talking straight to the man -vs- going through FFR to BBK and back and forth. Just my $.02 worth.

Mk4 20th Anniversary #8690 (#8 of 20) Purchased 8/18/18----Build Started 8/19/18
    Build Thread Click Here / Registry Entry Click Here / BluePrint Engines 347ci / TKO600
    Carb/Heater/Heated Seats/Cruise Control/Drop Trunk & Battery/Custom Cubby

Post Thanks / Like
    Georgie at Gas-N...…….

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruzzz View Post
    What exhaust parts come in the standard complete kit? I believe you get uncoated side pipes and J pipes? Do I need to order the 302 coated headers to make the connection to the side pipes? Eventually I would like to buy the Gas-n side pipes but not sure what else I need to connect them.
    I have a brand new set of polished FFR side pipes (no J-pipes, just the side pipes) in my basement if you want them. Only used for about 3 minutes for engine break-in before I built my under car exhaust. $1,200 on FFR parts website, I'll let them go for $200 + shipping if you want them. PM me if interested.

Post Thanks / Like
    Interested in those pipes if they are available...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Usudno View Post
    Interested in those pipes if they are available...
    Sold to you