BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: FF5 supplied accelerator pedal

Post Thanks / Like

FF5 supplied accelerator pedal

Anyone have any pictures of their footbox using the stock accelerator pedal? Would appreciate to see where the pedal was attached and where you drilled your throttle cable hole. My firewall is all powdercoated so I want to make sure I only drill once.

I'm trying to find a place for it but it seems that the upper part of the pedal is going to hit the square tube of the frame and when the pedal is fully pressed, the cable will rub the square tube. It seems like where the fulcrum attaches, there need to be spacers under it.

Appreciate any input!

-Ian

Post Thanks / Like
    Have alook at the pic in post 5 of this thread. Thats what they recommended at the build school
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...e-Pedal-Height

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    My only suggestion is that you have the tranny cover installed and the firewall and floor first. This way you can mock up your drivers seat and that will give you a better idea of space and location. In my case I have a 5L coyote soits drive by wire, I ended up cutting the accelerator pedal that came with the kit and regretted it. Luckily, I found the equivalent accelerator pedal from my local Ford dealer and it only cost $90 CDN, it looks better than the one in the kit and now I am re drilling holes ever so slightly to have it aligned with the ttranny tunnel and the right height as well as a bit back form the brake pedal so I can just do a heel pivot between the two. As well its set back enough so even if I slam on the brakes I never will be able to touch the accelerator pedal.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Thanks guys! Those pointers help alot, especially the one with the link about the aluminum extrusion from build school. I probably should have gone to that but life got in the way... I figured there HAD to be some sort of spacer to make it work. I had the same question about the pedal height difference. I'm not sure why I couldn't find that thread, I was searching and searching the forum for that type of info.

I'll have to stop by the metal shop this weekend the get an aluminum extrusion.

Trans tunnel is in, all aluminum is in, I've temporarily put the seat in. It is kind of hard to mock it up fully as there is nothing to attach to but maybe my wife can hold the pedal!