Hi All

We took delivery of our 818C kit last weekend so now it is real!

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l=1#post350182

One of the first steps is the aluminum panels. Which panels should I rivet later or rivnut? I think it's clear that the rear firewall should be rivnuted for access to belts etc., and I intend to put some foam tape on the edges for sealing these up, but what about:

The aluminum under the seats - do I leave this until I have the seats installed, or rivnut for future access to remove the seats more easily?

From what I understand the ride height will need to be adjusted from time to time as weight is added during the build. Some have cut holes in the two firewall aluminum panels to torque the LCA hurricane bracket bolts, but perhaps the two panels can be rivnutted as well or at least temporarily secured until the weight is near final.

What about the front and rear compartment panels on the underside? These I would put on much later in the build, but I may as well drill them now while I can tip the frame over.

Any other panels you wish you could easily remove?

We are building a street car, so for sound/heat proofing the cockpit, I am planning on using Hy-Tech SC#1000 or similar (yes, I know these products are expensive) on the outside faces of the aluminum panels since I understand that silicone may not bond to some sound proofing products if I coated the inside of the panels. I will then paint both the uncoated and soundproofed sides of the fire wall aluminum with primer and Eastwood 2K Aerospray Rat Rod Satin Black to match the chassis (this is the color for the newer matte FFR powder coat). For the floor I will paint the interior with the Eastwood chassis paint on the inside faces and then truck bed liner the soundproofed exterior-facing sides of the road facing panels. Same deal for the fender aluminum much later down the line. Any comments on this plan?

Cheers

Dave