Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: RUSH (The Band)

Post Thanks / Like

RUSH (The Band)

I pre ordered Geddy's "Big Beautiful Book Of Bass" book and I flew up from RSW to HPN, stayed at a hotel in Poughkeepsie NY IMG_1200.jpgwhere I always stay every month for work and then me and my friend drove down to of all places, Ridgewood NJ. All to stand in line in the cold for more than three hours and then wait in another line before we reached Geddy and got our books signed. It was a once in lifetime experience. #RedBarchetta
    Mark
    Mk1, Frame #1929 Complete restoration/upgrade. BP 347 with Edelbrock PF4 439/420. 4 link with coilovers. 8.8 3.55, 15” Halibrand, New beefed up T5 w/short throw shifter, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, Custom original style steering wheel, shaft and boss, Heat/AC, Heated seats, PPW wipers w/washers, Forte’s throttle linkage, RT trunk hoop mod, Pusher cooling fans, full LED lighting, custom headrests, 5 point seat belts with sub pass through, Speedhut GPS gauges, battery drop box in trunk, LED courtesy lights, Breeze trunk cubby kit.

2. Likes 65 Cobra Dude liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's awesome! The best concert I ever went to was a RUSH concert in 1984 (Grace Under Pressure). At the dawn of autonomous cars, Red Barchetta takes on even more relevance.

Dave
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Been a fan since a kid was blasting A Farewel To Kings on his boom box on the bus early morning on the way to high school.
    Saw them countless times and then saw them 3 times on the the R40 tour knowing it was their last. I was at the concecert in Tampa on the 24th of May.
    They played Lakesdide Park but just when "Everyone would gather, on the 24th of May...." they rolled into the next song. Stilll NOT happy! C'Mon! it was the 24th of May!
    Mark
    Mk1, Frame #1929 Complete restoration/upgrade. BP 347 with Edelbrock PF4 439/420. 4 link with coilovers. 8.8 3.55, 15” Halibrand, New beefed up T5 w/short throw shifter, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, Custom original style steering wheel, shaft and boss, Heat/AC, Heated seats, PPW wipers w/washers, Forte’s throttle linkage, RT trunk hoop mod, Pusher cooling fans, full LED lighting, custom headrests, 5 point seat belts with sub pass through, Speedhut GPS gauges, battery drop box in trunk, LED courtesy lights, Breeze trunk cubby kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    So cool!

I've been a huge Rush fan since when I heard the first chord on their new album called "Hemispheres." Geddy is an amazing bass player. When I was in high school, I put "Geddy Lee" on my high school ID, so I guess he was my alter ego.

I've seen them in concert numerous times. The last time I saw them was when my son and I saw them on their Time Machine tour. They opened the second half of the show by playing the entire "Moving Pictures" album start to finish. It was amazing.

Here's some internet lore:
    The Rush song “Red Barchetta” is about a car. While the make of the care is never mentioned in the song, it’s most likely that the “red barchetta” in the song is a Ferrari.

One of the earliest Ferraris to have the “barchetta” name was the Ferrari 166, produced 1948-1953. The Ferrari 166 was the inspiration for car designer/builder John Tojeiro when he designed the Tojeiro-Bristol Special in 1953. In 1953, British automaker AC purchased John Tojeiro’s design. After tweaking the body design a little to avoid legal issues with Ferrari, AC came out with the AC Ace, which was produced 1953-1963.

The AC Ace was the car that Carrol Shelby used as the basis for his joint venture with AC, the AC Shelby Cobra. The early AC Shelby Cobras (Mk 1) were the “Slabside” body style and powered by a Ford 260 V8 and later with the new Ford 289 V8 engine.

When Shelby needed more power for his Cobra racing program, the 289 Cobra was completely redesigned to accommodate the Ford 427 engine. The result was the AC Shelby Cobra 427 (Mk III).

So it stands to reason that a Rush fan would end up with a replica of the Shelby 427 Cobra.

David
    My Saving Grace: John 3:16

FFR6687, Graduate #39 in the Class of 2009
    The Factory Five Forum March 2012 POM

6. Likes 65 Cobra Dude liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    That is worth the wait, did the same thing for David Gilmour. When I was a young teen, we moved from Virginia Beach to London Ontario. During my high school years from 1969-1971, we had a number of dances with live bands. During that time, early in their careers, Rush, The Five Man Electrical Band ("Signs"), Lighthouse(think Blood Sweat and Tears), and Ted Nugent and the Amboy Dukes all played at our dances. I think I have a yearbook with Rush in one of the photos. Good times!
    FFR #2296 428 FE, TKO, IRS. Sold 6/2006
    FFR #0189CP Completed 6/2015 331, 3-Link TR3550, FAST EZ EI
    1946 Mercury Coupe

Post Thanks / Like
    Good stuff David! My plate on my Cobra is "BARCHTA" and was the closest I could get that wasn't already taken.
    Mark

9. Likes Cobradavid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Snakebit - post a picture of that from the yearbook! I can't believe you were able to see all those musicians like that. To travel back in time...
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Rush Rules. Best three person prog band ever.
    Simply Dreaming

12. Likes mburger liked this post