BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Any 818s near Albuquerque, NM?

Post Thanks / Like

Any 818s near Albuquerque, NM?

Hello all,
    I'm very seriously contemplating my first-ever FFR build with my 14-year old son. As part of our decision making process, we would like to take a look at a completed car or an in-progress build. Does anyone out in forum-land live anywhere near Albuquerque, NM? We're particularly interested in building a daily driver, but would gladly take a gander at an 818R as well!
    Much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    you might want to re evaluate the thought of a daily driver. It can be done and I think a few people do but the comfort and work required to make it nice for daily driver would be tough. I have alot of detail and add ons to try and make it look and feel OEM and I still could not imagine it as a daily driver. maybe a few days a week to and from work or what ever. I am sure someone will have a different idea. If you can find a completed car to go for a ride in it will help you decide if you want it as a daily driver or a fun day car. I chose fun day driver.

3. Thanks fletch thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate it.
    This is all part of the data collection process. I've never ridden in a kit-built car or even gotten a serious look at one, which is why I hope to find one nearby.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lumpyguy,
    I'd be grateful to learn more specifics about why you wouldn't like your car for a daily driver. Is the issue comfort, road noise, convenience (trunk space, seating), interior accommodations like heat/AC/audio? Your thoughts will help me in evaluating whether I can make an 818 suitable for my daily use. Thanks.

Also, I'd love to hear thoughts from others about daily driving an 818, or any FFR car, for that matter.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an 818R in Roswell NM. You are welcome to look at my car. It is stored and waiting on a transmission, but I'd be happy to show it to you so you could see it first hand. In full disclosure, I did not build it, Chad Plavan did, but I have been tracking it the last several years. PM me and we can set up a time.