Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Merry Christmas

Post Thanks / Like

Merry Christmas

Last week, my team proposed shooting a Christmas video for fun to talk about how heat and heated seats expands the usable season for Mk IV cobras. Hope everyone has a joyous holiday. Enjoy our video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duTGNJ5dzwY

Chris
    Chris

2. Likes mburger liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great video!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris @ Forma View Post
    Last week, my team proposed shooting a Christmas video for fun to talk about how heat and heated seats expands the usable season for Mk IV cobras. Hope everyone has a joyous holiday. Enjoy our video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duTGNJ5dzwY

Chris
    You guys created quite a stir with the Santa gear, candy canes, and even ugly Christmas sweaters. Merry Christmas to you, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why does the right headlight cut out at the 2:20 mark? I like the part where you're handing out candy canes.

Merry Chris

John
    MK IV Roadster #8631
    Ford 302, Holley Terminator EFI, T5z, 3.55 Rear End, IRS, 17” Halibrand Replicas (9” front, 10.5” rear), Nitto 555 G2’s (275/40ZR17 front, 315/35ZR17 rear), Fast Freddie’s Power Steering, F5 Wilwood Brakes, FFMetal’s Firewall Forward, Forte’s Hydraulic Clutch & Throttle Linkage
    https://www.ffcars.com/threads/phile.../#post-4776313

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phileas_fogg View Post
    Why does the right headlight cut out at the 2:20 mark? I like the part where you're handing out candy canes.

Merry Chris

John
    John, I see the confusion, let me try to explain:

Our headlights have LED lowbeams, LED highbeams, and a white/amber accent ring.
    We use the white ring as daytime running lights, as seen around the 2:05 mark. When the turn signal is activated, the white turns off and the ring flashes amber. After deactivating the turn signal, the ring fades back to white. This is much like modern production cars. I didn't have the headlights on, just the daytime running lights, and the turn signals had JUST cancelled when the 2:19 clip starts, so the white ring hadn't come back on yet (I attached a screenshot below showing the last of the turn signal). I think it's just bad timing on the start of that clip plus the fact that that it's hard to distinguish between headlights/DRL in some of the scenes. Between this clip and the shuttle driver (next clip), I actually turned the headlights on. At the 2:49 mark, you can see how it looks when the headlights are on and turn signal is used.
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Thanks phileas_fogg thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas Kyle!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Merry Christmas to you too, David!

If you guys want a bit more, we made an outtakes video from the in-car footage including my missed shift. It MAY get taken down due to the music we had playing in the car, but it's pretty funny for now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmOPg0HiJxM
    Last edited by Kyle @ Forma; 12-27-2018 at 09:27 AM. Reason: I forgot to put the link.

Post Thanks / Like
    Way too much fun.
    ---Boyd---
    MkIV #9042 build thread
    www.boss427.us
    427W, TKO600, Moser 3.55 rear.
    Delivered Feb 2017, Graduated Nov 4, 2019